The Beginning of the End

I

Effie Reynolds finished packing the last of her clothes into her Hogwarts trunk. She slammed the lid down and fastened it. She was so excited to get to the Weasley's, she could hardly stand it. She felt like each minute was going by agonizingly slow. After she made sure she had everything ready, she ran into her closet and started getting dressed. She pulled on some jeans, a leopard print tank top, a black cardigan, some boots, and a black beanie.

She knew there wasn't much time left so she quickly put on her accessories and put her wand in a purse. And as predicted, her father called up to her.

"Effie, it's time to go sweetheart." She flung her purse over her shoulder and grabbed her trunk. She quickly made her way down the stairs, which was very difficult with the trunk, and met her father by the front door.

"Do you have everything?" He asked taking her rucksack out of her hands.

"Yes."

"All of your books?"

"Of course I don't have my books, Dad. I have to go to Diagon Alley to get them." Effie said with a light chuckle. Daniel looked at his daughter and smiled.

"Well, be sure that you get everything that's on this list." He said handing her the Hogwarts supply list that she got just a week ago.

"I will, Dad." He kissed her forehead and grabbed her hand. In a split second, Effie found herself feeling like she was being suffocated, like her ears were about to explode. She hated apparating but she admitted that it was definitely worth it.

After what seemed like minutes, a mere two seconds later, they were standing in front of the Weasley's front door. Daniel raised his hand and knocked on the door three times. Molly and Arthur Weasley had informed them that, that was the secret knock. They didn't want somebody unwanted, like death eaters, getting into their home.

Mrs.Weasley looked out of the curtain and quickly opened the door.

"Effie! Come in come in." She ushered Daniel and Effie inside and pulled Effie into a tight embrace.

"How are you dear?" She asked. Effie smiled.

"I'm fantastic now that I'm here." Mrs. Weasley chuckled and hugged Daniel, then Mr. Weasley came in and shook his hand.

"Effie, be good okay? Remember to write to me, I'll write as much as I can." Daniel said pulling his daughter into a warm hug. Effie nodded her head and then her father was out the door with Mr. Weasley following him. It wasn't out of the ordinary for them to talk, it was something they had done for years.

"Are you hungry dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked already starting to fix something to eat.

"Yes, I didn't get to eat anything before we left. Dad was rushing me out of the house." Effie chuckled and sat down at the table.

"Boys, come down here now!" Mrs. Weasley called up the stairs and a few seconds later, you could hear the rumble of feet down the stairs. Effie almost feared for her life. She knew what was going to happen as soon as they saw her. But of course, they flew right by her, which to an extent was a good thing.

"Yes mum?" Fred and George asked at the same time. Mrs. Weasley smiled and pointed back to Effie. As soon as the twins saw her, they ran over, snatched her up out of her seat, and squished her in a 3-person hug. Effie laughed and tried to hug back as best as she could but that can be quite difficult if the people hugging you tower over you.

Fred and George finally sat her down and then Ron weaseled his way in. He wrapped his arms around her and lifted her just barely off of her feet.

"It's good to see you." Ron said and Effie nodded.

"It's good to see you too. Is Harry here?" She asked out of curiosity when she realized he wasn't there. Hermione came up and gave her a quick hug.

"No, we're not sure when he's supposed to be here either. He hasn't written for a few days." She said. Effie shrugged and then Mrs. Weasley handed her a bowl of soup. Effie smiled her thanks and began to eat.

"I think I'm going to take this upstairs and get ready for bed." She said and then made her way up the stairs. Hermione followed close behind since they were going to be sleeping in the same room anyway. They both walked into Ginny's room and Ginny looked up.

"Effie!" Ginny yelled.

"Ginny!" Effie responded. Ginny got up and ran over, hugging Effie. Effie giggled and continued to eat her soup once Ginny pulled away. She sat the bowl down on one of the tables in the room and started rifling through her bags which had mysteriously ended up there in the corner. She pulled out her pajamas and her toothbrush.

"I'll be back, I'm going to get ready for bed." Effie said and walked out and into the bathroom that was only a few doors down. It felt right being there again. It felt like home to her. It was home to her. It was her second home. She quickly got undressed and into her pajamas and started brushing her teeth.

She was almost done when she heard Ginny asking if Harry was upstairs. She stopped mid brush and walked out of the bathroom.

"Did she say something about Harry?" Effie asked Hermione who was leaning over the banister along with Ron and Mrs. Weasley.

"Apparently he's walking about the house." Ginny said.

"Really?" Hermione asked, her toothbrush in hand too.

"Really." Harry's voice carried through the house. Everyone ran downstairs to greet him. Of course Ginny got there first and Effie felt this strange pang in her chest. She furrowed her eyebrows but then quickly snapped out of it.

"Effie." He said as she hugged him. It was very faint, almost as if he whispered it in her ear. She pulled away and smiled.

"Okay kids, go on upstairs. It's almost time for bed. We have an early morning ahead of us." Mrs. Weasley said, ushering them back up the stairs. Effie darted into the bathroom and quickly finished brushing her teeth. She brought her clothes and toothbrush back into Ginny's room and saw Ginny was sitting up in bed reading a book.

Effie left the room to go find Harry, Ron, and Hermione in Ron's room.

"Hey guys." She said sitting down next to Hermione. Harry had his wand out, burning a copy of the daily prophet. Effie raised an eyebrow but brushed it off.

"What are we talking about?" She asked noticing how everything was very sullen.

"My mum didn't want me to go back to Hogwarts this year and neither did Hermione's parents. They finally came around of course but still." Ron said quietly. Effie sighed.

"My dad was questioning it too but I think he realized that I need to finish up my studies there. He's always been strict on my academics." She said picking at her nails. The wizard world was definitely falling apart. With the Dark Lord getting stronger, it almost seemed like nobody had a chance. Effie just wanted her dad to be safe, her mother too, wherever she was...
♠ ♠ ♠
So i feel kinda good about this so far. I've had major writers block so I'm probably a little rusty >.< after a while I should get it back lol
comment, subscribe, you name it :) ♥

Effie's outfit
Effie's pajamas