Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Strip Poker

" No. Put that over there"
I told Pat as he helped me move things into my new apartment a few days later. 

He whined," Josiiieee. I'm tired. " 

I rose an eyebrow, " Mr. Big Strong Hockey  Player gets worn out from moving boxes?" 

He glared, " No" 

" Then get back to work" I grinned, blowing him a kiss. 

Patrick started mumbling things under his breath as he adjusted his cap and went back to carrying boxes. 

And then there was a knock on the door. 

I got up, brushing dust off my legs and crossed the empty den, opening the door. 

And there stood Burish, Seabrook, Sharp, Steeger, Crawford,and Jon. 

Adam grinned, stepping forward and wrappin me in a hug. 
 " Congrats on the new place. I brought you a house warming gift" 

He held up a six pack of beer. 

I rose an eyebrow.  
" That seems more like a gift to you than me"

He shrugged, pushing his way inside. 
" Call it what you will..,Hey Kaner!" 

I rolled my eyes, looking back to the guys.  

" Come in" I stepped aside, letting them through. 

As Jon passed his hand brushed lightly against my ass, but no one saw. 

He winked at me secretly, and I grinned. 

Ever since our kiss in the parking lot two days ago, we had been texting constantly, and trying to be inconspicuous enough to hide it from Patrick. 

I closed the door and looked back at the progress we had made. 

The furniture had been delivered, and it was now the problem of setting it up and arranging. 

Hence the reason the guys are here. 

The kitchen table and chairs were already set up, and the couch and recliners. The TV had been installed, and my bed was basically done, just needed to put on sheets. 

I watched as one by one each of the guys set something down on my table. 

A six pack of beer, a pack of candles, bubble bath, a bag from Taco Bell, and a red gift bag. 

As the guys all congregated in the den, watching tv, I opened the bag, and groaned. 

" Who's the joker who bought this?" I yelled, holding up a official Chicago Blackhawks, black and red thong. 

Kris Versteeg started cackling. 

Pat turned and punched him in the shoulder, " Really man? That's just wrong!" 

I rolled my eyes, using it as a sling shot and letting it loose, smacking Jon in the back of the head. 

He picked it up and twirled it on his finger, then tucked it on the back of his jeans, giving me a secret smile. 

I walked towards them, noticing the pile of boxes still in the corner. 

" Uhm, excuse me? I didn't invite you over to watch TV" 

" Well," Corey began, swigging down his beer, " Technically, no one invited me. I invited myself. So I think I'm excluded" 

I chuckled, " Yeah. You're right" 

Pat groaned, " What! Don't let that joker just sit there and-"

I plopped down two boxes of dishes on the couch next to him. 

" So you can wash these" 

Corey pouted, nodding though and carrying the boxes to the kitchen. 

I sighed, looking at the others, " Okay, basically just...all the boxes are labeled. Just put them on the room they belong in. I'll sort it out later. Pat, here," i handed him my credit card, " Go with Sharp and stock up the kitchen.John, help me with the bed." 

Everybody spread out, going to do what they were assigned, and Jon and I entered my bedroom. 

On the floor I had the bags with the sheets, comforters, pillows, rugs, etc. 

" So, how are you?" Jon asked, wrapping his arms around me. 

I lay my head down on his chest, sighing. 
" Fine. Just exhausted. I hate moving. " 

He nodded, kissing the Top of my head and letting me go. I pointed to the lamps in the boxes. 

" Can you put those together? I'll set up the bed. 

Jon nodded, kneeling down on the floor to tear the packaging open. 

So I pulled out my sheets, and started to dress the bed. 

The theme I went with for my room was navy and silver, my favorite colors. The sheet were white, but with and so where the pillow cases, but the comforter was a dark blue, with silver details on it. I bought big silver and some black throw pillows for the bed, and a navy shaggy rug. The lamps were all silver with Navy shades. Everything matched well with my black iron furniture. I finished the bed and started hanging pictures. 

I had my mom ship me some of my thins from home. 

I hung up pictures of my brothers and I growing up, of the annual trips to Denmark in the summer, of my trip to Paris, and a bunch of Pat and I through the years. 

I grabbed the candles Brent brought and set them up on top of my dresser in a row, lighting them. 

I smiled when I smelled the vanilla and brown sugar, my favorite smell. 

Jon cleared his throat and I turned, seeing him point to where he had finished and set up my lamps. 

I smiled, " Thanks, babe" 

He walked forward, wrapping his arms around my waist 

" I want you to come to the game tomorrow, and sit in the box" 

My eyes widened, " But, Pat, he'll see me and-"

" Say you came to see him play. He'll believe it. I just really need you there, Jo." 

I nodded, leaning up to kiss him softly.

But nothing with Jon could ever be simple. 

He took my soft kiss to a whole new level, pressing me against the wall behind me, holding me tighter to him. 

I moaned, deepening the kiss and running my fingers through his growing hair, the ends starting to curl. 

We pulled apart when we could hear the front door open, and Patrick and Sharpie's voices. 

I kissed his cheek, smiling quickly and made it out the kitchen, where Kris had all the dishes, cups, and silverware I bought washed and stacked, waiting for me to organize. 

I helped the two Patricks with the bags and put away the groceries. 

" Okay, uhm, dinner ideas? Looks like Pat bought a bunch of frozen pizzas, looks like a theme. Oh gee, and look at all these chips" I held up a big bag of Doritos. 

I turned to Sharp, " I sent you to babysit, not encourage!" 

He smiled innocently. 
" I wanted Pizza too " 

I rolled my eyes, preheating the oven. 

Pat just smirked, " C'mon Jo. You and I both know you're a crappy cook. I just got the essentials.  " 

I rolled my eyes, nodding, " Yeah I guess. Thanks" I hip bumped him. 

Brent, Adam, and Kris where sitting at the table cutting a deck of cards. 
I smiled, walking closer. 

" What are you boys gonna play?" I asked, sitting down next to Adam. 

He grinned, " Poker, little lady, you on?"

" Uhm, guys? That's not a good ide-" Pat went to say but Kris laughed over him. 

" It's okay. We'll go easy on her!" said, winking at me. 

I just grinned to myself. 

Boys. Always so confident. 

Pat rose an eyebrow at me and I shrugged. 

He looked around, " Ey Jon! Come here. You'll want to watch this!" 

Jon came around the corner from down the hallway, confused. 

" Watch what?" he asked, scanning g the room before his eyes landed on me. 
I blushed a little. 

" We're about to kill little Josie here at poker. And hey, let's make it Strip while we're at it" Adam added. 

My eyes widened and then I remembered my bruises were pretty much healed, and relaxed. 

" Sure" I agreed. 

The three all bumped fists, sharing their victory. 

Pat just snorted, grabbing a beer from the fridge and sitting on a barstool at the counter. 
" I got to see this. Sharp, Tazer. Make yourselves comfortable. This will be fun" 

" Is she that bad?" I heard Sharpie whisper to Pat. 

" Okay, cards for you, cards for me, Adam, and Verbeauty. Let's get started. " Brent passed out the deck. 

I took my cards and peeked, keeping my face nonchalant. 

" Fork it over, guys"

I slapped a handful of bills on the table, ready to go. 

#############

Two Hours later>>

" What? What just happened?" Kris whispered, holding his head in disgust. 

I grinned, reaching my body across the table , raking all the cash towards me. 

All the guys had lost their shirts. 
Adam was missing a sock, and both shoes. 

Kris had lost his shoes as well. 

But poor Brent was down to just boxers and a gold chain. 

Me? Well I was just chilling at the table. I had only lost my top, but that was ok because I was wearing a cute polka dot bra. 

" K-Kaner! Why didn't you warn us! She's a pro!" 

Pat shrugged, smirking, " I tried, remember? You cut me off. " 

I looked back to the guys, " I grew up with three brothers. Do you really think me that incompetent? I learned early" I shared, smoothing out all the cash and folding it in a big wad, shoving it down my bra. 

I stood up, catching Jon's eye. 

His lowered to my side, and widened. Sharp choked on his beer.

" Holy Shit" he exclaimed. 

My heart started racing, so I looked down and just laughed, understanding. 

All the other guys strained to see as well, catching sight of my inked ribs. 

Jon bent down, " Cool tat, Jo. When'd you get it?"

Pat swung his arm over my shoulders, pulling me close. 
" We were seventeen, and little missy here did it to prove a point. "

" Olaf said I wouldn't. So I did" I added," He said I was a scared little girl, and I asked him what I could do to prove other wise," I gestured  to my side," This worked" 

On my side, spanning from hipbone to just under my arms, is a beautifully done cherry blossom tree, black and white except for the petals on the blossoms. The tree was twisted and there were a few blossoms blowing in the wind. 

" It hurt" I whispered sheepishly. 

Adam grinned, " Bet it did. Did you cry?"

" No" I blurted. 
" Yes you did" Pay corrected. I glared at him, pushing him away from me. 

I sighed, looking at the clock, and then at the mess we had made with Pizza and Beer. 

" This was fun, guys, but it's late. And I need to clean up. I'm tired" 

They nodded, slipping their clothes back on and gathering their things. 

I pulled my top back on, sighing. 

I hugged each of them as they left, but the hug with Kris was longer. 

He leaned down and whispered in my ear, " When I went to the bathroom earlier, I could see you and Tazer groping against the wall. Don't worry, I won't tell" he winked, pulling away. 

I gulped, nodding and brushing the hair from my eyes. 

I waved at Sharp as he and Pat went to the door. 

" Jon? You coming?" Pat called. 

I looked over to him where he stood leaning against the wall. 

He nodded, " Yeah. In a bit. I'm gonna help Josie clean up. " 

Pat eyed him accusingly, then snapped over to me. 

He wrapped his arms around me in a right hug. 
" If he touches you funny, use your rape whistle" he whispered. 

I bust out laughing, missing his cheek. 

" We're just friends, Pat. Relax. I'll see you in a couple days. " 

He nodded, giving Jon one last look and leaving, shutting the door behind him. 

I let out a deep breath, turning around to see Jon standing closer to me, and smiled. 

" Hey" I grinned. 

He nodded, a light smile on his face. 
" Hey. Thought he'd never leave" 

I nodded, wrapping my arms up around his neck, pulling him down to me and pressing my lips to his. 

Jon grinned, lifting me up and setting me on the counter, standing between my knees as he deepened the kiss, slipping his tongue into my mouth. 

I moaned, grabbing his shoulders and leaning into him. 

His hands rested on my ribs, and I felt them slowly slide down to the hem of my shirt, cool fingers slipping underneath. 

I gasped, pulling away and biting his lip. 
"Jon. " I moaned, as his lips lowered to underneath my jaw, nibbling lightly on the warm skin. 

I rested my palms on his chest as his slipped higher up my sides fingers just brushing the sides of my bra. 

" Can I?" he whispered, looking into my eyes. 

I nodded slowly, catching my breath. 

He pulled off my shirt, lips attacking my collar bone, mouth daring to leave a wet kiss on the swell of each breast. 

" I've been wanting to do that" he mumbled, " Ever since you first took it off" he looked up at me. 

" Do you know how mad it got me that the other guys were staring at your chest? Hm? I wanted to throw your shirt back at you. "

I rose an eyebrow, " Protecting what's yours?" 

He nodded, " Damn straight" 

And then our lips met again, this time more passionate than playful, almost bruising at the force. 

I could feel Jon's erection against my thigh and whimpered. 

His fingers ghosted over the tips of my shoulders, dragging my bra straps down with them. 

I pulled away, " Jon. I- don't you think this is a bit too fast?" 

He sighed, nodding. I watched him take a step back a run his hand over his face, pinching his eyebrows. 

" Yeah" he rasped, " Sorry. Got a little too carried away there" he grinned through tight lips. 

I frowned, " It's just- its hard. To get over what I...went through. But you make me feel good again, Jon. You do" 

He stepped forward again, grabbing my hands and helping me off the counter top. 

" I want to help you, Jo. In any way I can. I really care about you. What he did, what that guy did-" I could see him getting angry and shushed him, rubbing his arm. " - it was wrong. That bastard...I should...yeah. " 

I nodded, tugging on his sleeve, " Well, since you're here. How about you actually help me clean up?" I asked. 

Jon laughed, nodding. He started picking up cans an tossing them into the garbage. 

I watched him for a minute before joining in. 

This guy...he makes me feel special.