There Goes My Hero

You Buy A Dress?

I could hardly sleep that night, only actually getting deep sleep for maybe four hours before I gave up. I went over to my suitcase and continued to pack my things. Kirstie was giving my gun and knife to Nick so he could have them sent to us in Norway. We didn't need a national crisis because Barton and I have weapons in our suitcases. I finished and zipped it up, then going to shower and get ready. I was anxious, thinking about the possibility of finding Eric and not in a state I want to find him in. But finding him dead would be better than never finding him. I stood in the shower, my head resting on the wall while the hot water relaxed my stiff muscles, a result of tossing and turning all night. It was so peaceful and quiet in the apartment. Everyone was sleeping, except for me. We had a guest room in the far end of the apartment and a futon. I wasn't sure who was sleeping where, except that Kirstie was in her room and I was in mine. More specifically, my bathroom. Eventually, the water started to cool, prompting me to get out. I dried off, did my hair and make up, then got dressed. I threw my suitcase up on my bed and took my gun and knife, along with a few other things and stuffing it into my standard issue duffel. I threw that on top of the suitcase and then sat on my bed, staring at the pictures on my dresser. I quickly got up and slammed them face down, my heart hurting the more I looked.

“I am sorry for what I said, about your ring.” I heard a voice say, making me jump. I looked over and saw Loki, standing in front of the closed door.

“I know you don't need the door, but knocking is polite.” I said.

“Of course. I apologize.” he said. I nodded and sighed a little as a silence fell over us. “You were to marry him?” he asked.

“Yeah...do you have marriage up there?” I asked.

“Of course. An eternal bond between two people.” he said.

“I guess its a good thing I hadn't bought the dress yet.” I said, forcing a little laugh out.

“You buy a dress?” he asked. I nodded and looked over at him.

“Women wear a white dress on their wedding day. It's supposed to symbolize purity but...not everyone follows the old tradition of waiting until they're married to be intimate so it's kind of just a tradition to wear white now.” I said.

“I am sorry. You must love him.” he said. I couldn't stop myself from glaring at him.

“I thought love was nothing to you? You're the biggest hypocrite, I can't even believe it.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“You must understand, I...I was not completely in control of myself.” he said. I stared at him, like my brain had stopped working at the words he just spoke. I was about to respond when there was a banging on the front door. I stepped around him and out of my room. I saw that he had slept on our futon, seeing as he was up and there was no one there. Also because I could hear Thor snoring down the hall. I opened the door to see Agent Barton standing there. Him and Eric had joined around the same time, so he's known him for some time. Maybe that's why he was coming with me.

“Hey. You ready?” he asked. I nodded, turning to get my stuff when I nearly tripped over it. The duffel was sitting in the coffee table for Kirstie but my suitcase was by my feet. Loki was no where to be seen either.

“Okay. Hold on.” I said, going over and writing Kirstie a note and leaving it for her to see. I walked back over and Barton grabbed my bag. I gave the apartment one last look before I sighed and shut the door.

We threw the bag into the car and took off, heading for the airport. Barton had given me the file that Nick was talking about. Strange things were happening in the woods outside of my hometown. Loud noises, like explosions, bright lights, things like that. It sounded like a bunch of military related stuff but when you have to call us, there's obviously something else going on there. Nick had given us a cover as well, since we were trying to be discrete. We were newly weds, heading to Norway to visit my family and take a honeymoon. I cringed at the idea. I didn't know why Nick had picked that for us, maybe because I never take my damn ring off but either way, we had passports with our fake names. We were Clint and Kate Smith, originally from Chicago, IL. I taught elementary school and Barton was a police officer. I'm sure Nick got a kick out of that. He just loves his damn movies.

“I don't know why he picked it either.” Barton said, breaking me out of my daze.

“It's fine.” I said, staring at the fake band he had on his left ring finger.

“I know how much it hurts you...I hope we find him.” he said.

“Thanks.” I said, sending him a small smile. He smiled back as we pulled up to the airport. Another Agent would be by to pick up the car once we were gone. Barton got out and grabbed our bags, prompting me to whine about him doing all the heavy lifting.

“I'm the man, honey.” he teased. I just laughed and rolled my eyes as we started into the New York airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah!
Thank you guys for all the well wishes!
I'm so excited to start my life!!
Oh and seriously, Hawkeye needs a little loving so he's thrown in now hahaha.

Katie

KIRSTIE MCFLY!!!! ehehehehehe (HIDDLES LAUGH!!!)