There Goes My Hero

What Is Going To Happen?

“Did you see that?” I asked Steve, my eyes growing wide after I knocked the punching bag off of the hooks like I had seen Steve done so many times.

“Yeah, you’re getting really strong,” He smiled at me, looking so sexy in his white v neck and tan sweatpants, his hair all messy and sweaty.

Steve and I are really close now. We aren’t hardly ever apart and we really love each other. I love everything about him and now I can’t imagine life without him.

After we left the island, things were really hard for me. We knew where Katie was, but Nick wouldn’t let us go. Tony tried to hack into SHIELD records but he couldn’t get in, for once. He kept saying he thinks she went to Eric’s side and betrayed us all because she was there so long and she wouldn’t be there that long if she didn’t want to be. He convinced everyone but Steve and I of this.

Steve believed Katie because she told him she didn’t betray them and for me, even if she had gone to his side, I don’t think I could accept it. I love her so much and I’ve already gone through so much hurt, I can’t believe it and I don’t. The Avengers had dispersed for now, Loki and Thor went back home to Asgard, Tony was off doing his thing as well as Dr. Banner and Steve and I still work with SHIELD. I feel like life went on for everyone else…except for me and Loki and because I was hurting so much, for Steve as well.

“But not that strong,” I replied, going back to our conversation . “I’m getting kind of freaked out.”

“Why’s that?” Steve questioned, unwrapping the tape from his hands.

“I mean, I’m not weak, but I usually use my defense tactics with martial arts and using my knowledge of weak points and agility, but I’m not just flat out freakishly strong. And I’ve slowly been getting stronger, like today, I haven’t ever been able to knock that punching bag off before,” I said.

Steve walked over and sat down, pulling me into his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist, rocking me back and forth as I let out a few tears. I think he knows now that sometimes I just need to cry and get my emotions out, it makes me feel better and I have to be so tough in my job, I need a release and Steve is always there for me.

“It’ll be okay sweetheart,” He whispered in my ear. “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure it’s nothing.”

“I’m just freaked out,” I cried.

“Well let’s go get it checked out,” Steve encouraged me.

I was too worked up to go that day but the next day, we got a doctor from SHIELD. I wanted to talk to Nick but he was gone somewhere, they wouldn’t tell me where. I got tested out and Steve held me as we were waiting for the results.

“So Kirstie,” The doctor started as he walked back in. “Looking at your blood tests, they’re different than last time.”

“How does that affect her?” Steve questioned.

“Well according to our records, you gave her some blood Captain Rodgers,” He went on. “And through that, because of the serum you have in your blood, it got transferred to her, but it’s not a significant amount which is why you didn’t notice a big difference.”

“What is going to happen from here?” I asked her.

“Considering there isn’t a lot in your blood stream, it will probably even out. It may go down a little as your blood count goes back up,” He informed me.

He went on to tell me a couple more things before I could leave. When we got outside, Steve hugged me tightly and I immediately relaxed into his embrace.

“I was so worried,” I let out a sigh of relief.

“Me too,” Steve whispered in my ear. “I don’t know what I would do without you, I honestly don’t.”

As I held onto Steve, letting my fears wash away, I couldn’t help but think about what he just said. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without him either, especially that now the person I trust more than anything isn’t here…
♠ ♠ ♠
it's hot here too, but not like crazy hot. just like mid 80's, it's so nice!
I'm really tired though, uuuggghhhh

comments?