There Goes My Hero

Asgard

It's been roughly two weeks since I came back. Thor is still here, he's been hanging around with me a lot since Kirstie hasn't been well. She's been sick for the last two weeks and she's throwing up. We tried to bring her to the doctor but she just keeps saying its probably a little bug and she'll be fine by the end of the week. But she's not. Steve is taking care of her though, so I'm not too worried. Steve's been staying in our apartment, taking care of Kirstie while I go work on some paperwork and such for Nick. I came home today to see Kirstie had moved from her room into the living room. She was watching Say Yes To The Dress while Steve tried to make her some soup.

“She wants something called, make me better?” Steve said, looking though my many notebooks of recipes. I laughed and gently moved him out of the way.

“It's just an old recipe my grandmother made. It's the one in Norwegian.” I said, pointing to the recipe.

“Oh...” he said slowly.

“Come here. I'll show you how.” I said, going into the fridge for carrots. He smiled as I showed him how to cut everything and then throw it in a pot with the broth. It was my grandmother's version of chicken soup but Kirstie just loved it and wanted it whenever she felt ill.

We finished and all sat down in the living room, watching Kirstie eat slowly. We were hoping she would be able to hold the food down. She's been eating nothing but toast and cracks, on a rare occasion, eggs. She was weak but at least she was eating something. We heard banging on the door, like the door was about to break down. We all exchanged looks while I slid my gun into my belt and walked to the door. I peaked through the eye hole and laughed, opening the door for Thor to come in.

“How are you feeling?” Thor asked Kirstie.

“A little better.” she said quietly. I sent her a little smile before turning back to Thor.

“What brings you here?” I asked.

“Loki refuses to come. I haven't heard from him in a few days. I think I will go home and check on him.” Thor said. I nodded and I heard Kirstie coughing and then getting up. I sighed and looked at Steve, who shared the same look as he followed her.

“Poor thing.” I said.

“I'm sure Steve can take care of her.” Thor said.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Come to Asgard with me, Loki would love to see you.” he said.

“What?! I can't just leave Kirstie! And I thought we weren't allowed up there?” I said.

“Where did you hear such nonsense?” He said through loud laughter. “Kirstie will be alright. Steve can handle her.” he said as I glanced at the door.

“Hold on.” I said.

I walked into Kirstie's room and into the bathroom. Steve was holding her hair back as she heaved into the toilet. I frowned and sat on the floor next to them, gently rubbing her back. Steve looked over at me with worried expression. I sighed and just kept rubbing her back as she hurled again. After a few more minutes, she was okay. She groaned and rubbed her face, resting her head on the wall. She looked so sick and so tired, I just couldn't leave her. But she seemed to notice my look, my deep in thought look.

“What?” she asked. Steve looked over at me as well.

“Thor wants me to come to Asgard with him.” I said softly.

“Go then.” she said.

“No way. Not while you're this ill.” I replied.

“I can take care of her. Don't worry.” Steve said. I looked at them both and sighed, running a hand through my hair.

“Will you go to the doctor?” I asked. She rolled her eyes at me but let out a little sigh.

“Fine. Okay.” she said. I let out a soft smile and squeezed her hand as I stood up.

“I'll be back soon.” I said. They both sent me warm smiles as I walked out to meet Thor. “What do I need?” I asked.

“Nothing. Do not worry.” he said. I nodded and slowly took out my earpiece and put my gun on the table. He put his arm around my waist and smiled as we walked out of the apartment. “Might want to hold on.” he said. I nodded and wrapped my arms tightly around his middle. I just closed my eyes as I waited for whatever would happen. I felt a gust of wind and then nothing. I heard Thor chuckle and kiss the top of me head.

I opened my eyes and felt a little dizzy, but luckily Thor still had his arm attached to me. It was beautiful. We were standing on a bridge of bright rainbow colors, looking out to a city of tall, gleaming towers. I could see lush green trees and grass, along with crystal clear water. Thor was back to his usual clothes, obviously blending in, while I stuck out like a freak. Thor tugged on me, pulling me along with him. He spoke about it, pointing things out before we reached his home, the palace. I froze at the door, shaking my head at him.

“Whose in there?” I asked.

“My parents and friends.” He said.

“I don't....I don't think I'm dressed for them.” I said, looking down at my jeans.

“Do not worry! Come!” he said, pulling me along again.

We walked up into a large room, where there were three men and a woman, all talking and eating. They saw Thor and ran over, hugging and asking him how Midgard was. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing how to speak to them or how to act around them. These people were like gods and I was just a regular old person. Thor turned and smiled, coming over and bringing me to meet them.

“This is Katheryn.” He said. “This is Sif, Hogun, Volstagg, and Fandral.”

“Midgardian? My my, Thor.” Fandral said, winking at me. Sif rolled her eyes and stepped forward.

“Lovely to meet you.” She said with a smile.

“Nice to meet you all.” I said. Thor smiled and excused us as we walked out and back into the hall. He said we were heading to the throne room to meet his father and mother. The doors opened and Thor walked in first, his mother smiling and walking right over, embracing him.

“Welcome home.” she said, smiling wide. Thor had her smile, I could see it easily. She peaked around him and her eyes widened briefly. “Who is this?” she asked.

“Katheryn, this is my mother, Frigga.” he said.

“Oh! She is beautiful!” She gushed, coming over with that wide smile. “Oh, we must find her some proper clothes.”

“You don't have to.” I said.

“I insist! Come!” she said, taking my arm. Thor sent me a smile as his mother brought me to her room. Her maidens came running over to me, gushing over me and then throwing me into a bath while they folded my clothes and decided what I should wear, how my hair will be done, among other things.

I was a little shocked at how they were treating me. I didn't expect such a friendly greeting or for them to be pampering me. I allowed myself to relax before they appeared again with a fine robe for me to sit in while they played with my hair, allowing my natural waves to flow down my shoulders. They touched up my make up and then put on jewelry and then the dress. It was a beautiful gold, to the floor and flowed. It fit perfectly. Frigga came back, smiling yet again, arms open. She pulled me into a hug before bringing me back to see Thor and his father, Odin.
♠ ♠ ♠
my car sucks
its still all messed up.
uggggggh!!!

Katie

KIRSTIE ROGERS!!!!!