There Goes My Hero

We're On Our Own

We arrived at Stark Towers in New York City and I followed Loki off the ship. The others were left to spread out among the city. In the back of my mind, I knew that I couldn't control anything. I was completely under Loki's power. My normal self was screaming, trying to fight for control but I never came close. He looked around the tower, having Dr. Slevig set up the machine to summon his army. I hopped up on the counter and poured a drink, something I managed myself, but only that. When Loki wasn't in the room, I felt I had a little control on myself. Only a little. Loki came back, staring at me as he paced the room. I sipped the drink I had slowly, crossing my legs at the ankle.

“I thought I would enjoy this. Controlling you. I don't.” He said, giving me a strange look. I couldn't respond unless he asked. I was frozen. “I actually miss your aggression. It was...refreshing.” he said, arms crossed behind his back.

I wanted to scream at him, for doing this to me, for forcing me to shoot my friends. But then that look appeared on his face again, that vulnerability and I wished I was in control on myself. Maybe I could convince him to stop, that he didn't need to do this. He noticed strain on my face and then stared down at his scepter. He shook his head a little before the hard look appeared again. He told me to go out onto the balcony and watch the skies. I hopped off the counter and went out, standing and staring at the bright blue sky. I don't know how long it was before I spotted something in the distance. As it got closer, the red and gold jogged my memory.

“Stark is coming.” I said. Loki scowled and mumbled to himself, grabbing his scepter and waiting. “Want me to shoot him?” I asked.

“Be prepared.” he said. I nodded and held my gun tight, my vision locked on him and my gun pointed at him. He landed on his pad and stood to me, weapons ready to attack me.

“I don't want to hurt you, Agent.” he said. My hands were shaking as I kept the gun pointed at his head. I doubted a bullet would do much to the suit but I didn't want to hurt him either. “Kate...I know you're in there, come on.” he said.

“She won't respond unless I tell her to. And it won't be what you want to hear.” Loki said. Tony changed out of the suit and went inside. Loki signaled for me to follow, and I went inside as well. Tony stared at me as he walked over to his bar. I stared back at him and nodded my head slightly. Loki didn't seem to notice and if he did, he didn't say anything. Just then, he took one of his metal shakers off the wall and threw it, nailing me right in the head. My vision blurred for a second and I saw Loki gripping Tony by the neck.

“Loki, stop!” I shouted, running over and tugging on his other hand. He threw me to the side and threw Tony out of the window. Something flew past me and out the window after him. Loki turned to me, a very angry look on his face. I pulled my gun out and shot, just getting his shoulder. He started his way over to me but then, Tony appeared, full Iron Man suit.

I took off, getting in the elevator to get to the street. Just as I did, I saw Loki's army, leaking out of a hole in the sky. I cursed to myself as I ran down the street, hoping to find Kirstie or someone from the team. With the welt on my head slowly throbbing and the screaming people, I collapsed onto the sidewalk. My vision was blurring as I drifted in and out of consciousness. My head was throbbing intensely. I hear people screaming and those...things hissing and screeching back. I jumped up and saw a few going after a family. With my last few ounces of strength, I pushed my legs to run and jumped, wrapping my legs around its neck and flinging it to the ground, breaking its neck. I shot two more in the head before pulling out my knife and jumping on more, slashing out their throats and then throwing their weapons into the next one. The family ran away but I continued, because of that family. I couldn't forget the looks on their faces and realizing there were hundreds more who were trapped like that.

I started running more, trying to find a quicker way around. I saw a nice Kawasaki Ninja, laying on the sidewalk. The keys were inside and there was a full tank of gas. I smiled to myself and started it up and took off. The tires squealed as I rounded a corner, shooting as I flew by dozens of those creatures. I saw a huge one in the sky, something like a worm but...with teeth. Then I saw Tony, fly by with it. It gave me a form of comfort to know that at least he was out here. The others, I wasn't so sure about. I was about to round another corner when I flew off the bike, my neck throbbing as I gasped for air, laying in the middle of the street. One of those things had shot the bike, it blowing up in my face. I coughed and gagged, trying to suck in air as those things started attacking me. I crawled over to an overturned car, leaning against it. I loaded my gun again and gasped for air again, standing up and shooting a few before dropping back down. I rolled out from the side, stood up and took a few shots, only to feel a searing pain in my side. It had shot me, catching me right where my jacket was open. A gaping hole was burned through my shirt and my side was bright red with blood. I cursed and quickly zipped up the leather jacket before turning and jumping on the one who shot me, ripping it's mechanics out with my bare hands.

I heard something, a voice that was calling my name. I turned my head quickly, just in time to see Loki blasting a few creatures away from me. We stared at each other for a long time, my hands full of wires and tubes. He turned and jumped back on one of the creatures hover crafts and left. I shook my head quickly before getting up, holding my side and starting to run again. My side and head were throbbing now that the adrenaline was pumping through my veins. I shot a few more as I tried to find a sign that the team was here. I squinted my eyes, just in time to spot a flash of stars and stripes and the famous shield. I saw a flash of red hair and then brown. They were just yards away. I started jogging towards them, only to scream in pain as one jumped on me and then another. I wrestled, trying to reach my knife on my leg. I just started screaming, out of anger and out of the intense pain in my side. I'm sure that almost everything stopped at the sound of my rabid, wild screaming. I reached my knife and stabbed it into the creature multiple times. I grabbed my gun and shot the other in what I suppose was its face.

“Agent!” I heard Natasha yell. I whirled around to see her sprinting towards me. Kirstie and Steve were a little busy. She looked shocked and hugged me briefly, her hand covered in my blood. “Oh my...we need to get you help.” she said.

“From who? We're on our own.” I said. I happened to glance in a car window and was frightened by my appearance. I looked wild, my eyes wide and violently dilated, dirt caked on my cheek and dried blood around my hair line. My hair was singed on the ends, giving them a dark brown look at the tips. I pushed Natasha and shot a creature coming up behind.

“You...never mind.” she said. She took off and then Steve lifted her in the air, allowing her to catch one of the hover crafts. Kirstie and I stared at each other from yards away. I laughed a little and waved to her as I pulled my knife out and started ripping away like I was crazy. I've never fought like this. And its scaring me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa buddy,
this got a bit intense ha.
Oh! I love those motorcycles btw.
they're so sleek!
Ninja bike :D

KIRSTIE!!!!! LOVE YOU!