It Started with a Sad Song (The Diary of Bo)

Entry Four: June 19th, 2006

Entry Four: June 19th, 2006

Mum has kept making me go and talk to the neighbors. It is truly the most annoying task she’s made me do. Especially when people are greedy, a pain in the arse, or just plain rude.

I went to go visit Nan again yesterday, and there was a man yelling at her. It had something to do with her dog, Jude, wandering into the yard, putting his cat in danger. I met Jude. He’s older than me, and blind as a bat. Deaf too. But I said nothing. I stood on the corner and let Nan take the heat.

After though, we sat in her garden and drank tea. Nan doesn’t drink coffee anymore. She used to, but she thinks tea is “better for the soul”.

After tea, we went to the shop down the road. It was a candy and stationary store. Nan wanted to get stationary to mail an old friend in Berlin, and after she finished, she offered to buy my candy. I told her she didn’t have to do so, and that I wouldn’t take her money.

When we got back to her home, Nan was tired, and I told her to get some rest and that I would leave. She almost stopped me, but agreed she needed some “shut-eye”.

Upon arriving at the new house, there was a moving truck next to ours. I looked out, for a moment, wondering where the people were from. And right before Mom dragged me inside, there he was.

The boy with the blue eyes.