‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Camping Trip

“Let’s go tell Naruto and Sakura your plan,” he replied to my confused look.

I nodded and he created his clay bird. He grabbed me and jumped up on it. I sat behind him, my arms tightly clenched around his waist. He made his bird take off into the sky, kicking up dust.
Deidara knocked on Sakura’s door, tapping his foot impatiently when she didn’t immediately come out. After a full five minutes of nothing he let out an audible sigh.

“Maybe she isn’t here?” He said.

“Maybe not, let’s go check Naruto’s house.”

He nodded and we walked over to where Naruto lived. I knocked on Naruto’s door, and not even a minute later Naruto popped his head out of the door.

“Eya?” He replied startled.

“Hello to you too,” I said with a giggle.

“Sorry, you just took me off guard.”

I smiled, “It’s cool.”

“Is Sakura here with you?”

Naruto turned a crimson color and I laughed.

“She must be, he wouldn’t look like that if she wasn’t,” Deidara replied.

Naruto looked at Deidara as if seeing him for the first time. “Yeah she is. Do you need to talk to her?” He asked running a hand through his spiky hair.

I let out a cheerful laugh, “I need to talk to both of you.”

“Huh?” He said incoherently.

“You’re so adorable when you’re confused Naruto,” I replied to his baffled look.

He just blinked and responded, “Why don’t you come in? I’ll get Sakura while you’re waiting.”

“Sounds good,” I replied.

Naruto ducked back into his house and opened the door wider. Deidara and I went inside and I closed the door behind us. While Naruto was gone, fetching Sakura I looked around his house. I had forgotten what a pack rat he was. He had Ramen piled up in the corner, and magazines scattered on his dining table.

I took a seat and Deidara pulled a chair and sat next to me. We didn’t have to wait too terribly long. Naruto appeared with Sakura in less than ten minutes. Sakura smiled when she saw us. She took a seat opposite me and Naruto sat next to her.

“So what’s up?” She asked.

“I have a proposition,” I replied.

Naruto gave me a blank look.

“A deal,” I said to him.

He nodded, getting it and Sakura nodded.

“Shoot.”

“I was thinking Deidara and I could camp out as a way to kill time and get closer to each other. While this thought occurred to me another one surfaced, what if my best friends joined us? It would equal ultimate fun for us all.” I concluded.

Sakura looked intrigued and Naruto looked interested as well.

“What do you say?” I asked.

Sakura considered my deal for a little bit then broke out into a smile, “It sounds fun, doesn’t it Naruto?”

Naruto glanced at Sakura and nodded.

“Great! When would you guys like to go?” I replied.

Naruto responded then, “How about tomorrow? Is that okay with you sweetie?”

Sakura smiled fondly at Naruto, “Yes. It isn’t a problem because I don’t have any missions until Monday.”

I smiled, thinking that this would be a great chance to bond with my friends and Deidara. I stole a glance at Deidara and he looked ecstatic, his face the picture of happiness.