‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Talking Under the Moonlight

“What’s up?” I asked causing him to jump a little.

He turned his face towards mine and replied, “I was just thinking about how great it is having you as a girlfriend.”

I flushed and turned my head away but I could still feel his gaze on me.

After a full minute had passed he said, “Did I do something Eya?”

I shook my head and turned towards him, “No.”

I let out a sigh and he gave me a quizzical look. “I really like having you as my boyfriend too. It’s just I’m new at this so I didn’t think you felt the same way…”

Deidara blinked and frowned, “How? I really like you Eya. I thought our date showed you that.”

I nodded, remembering. “It did, I just had my doubts.”

He let out a breath, “Why?”

“I-The first few weeks of our relationship I was so indifferent towards you, I thought you’d never forgive me for it…”

Deidara gaped at me as if I had grown two heads. He shook his head slowly, “That was so long ago Eya…I was just annoyed because you weren’t giving me enough attention. I’m sorry if I took it out on you.”

I nodded and Deidara smiled at me fondly. My heart sped up. “You drive me crazy…”

Deidara closed the space between us and kissed me. He put his hand on the small of my back and drew me closer. This kiss felt amazing, and I really was enjoying it. When our lips parted I felt a bit sad. Deidara grinned at me and I gave him a bright smile back.

He grabbed me and put me on his lap. He then wrapped his arms around my waist and I let out a content sigh. We stayed like that for a while until it was later.

Once we got back to our tent we fell asleep immediately. Deidara slept beside me, his stomach against my back. His hand was on my hip possessively and he stroked me there with his thumb. I fell asleep smiling.