‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Distant

I looked out of my window into the midnight sky and counted the stars. It looked gorgeous outside, like someone spilled glitter all over the heavens. I glanced at my digital clock in the dark and jumped a little. It read 2 ‘o clock in the morning. I jumped into bed, closed my eyes and began to fall asleep.

I woke up in a daze. I saw light filtering in from the window. I groaned, what time what it? I still felt sleepy. I glanced at my clock and noticed that it read 10 am. Sighing, I got up and started to put my Akatsuki cloak on. Once it was on I left my room and started for the kitchen. I stopped in mid step though.

“Where was the kitchen again?” I said to no one aloud.

I stood outside my room, trying to remember where the stupid kitchen was located. I racked my brains for a good five minutes but I couldn’t remember.

“Where was it?” I muttered under my breath.

“Where’s what?” I jumped when I heard a deep voice.

Turning around I saw Sasori looking at me quizzically.

“Oh ahaha Sasori,” I said inarticulately.

He gave me a puzzled look.

“I was looking for the kitchen.”

Sasori smiled, “Getting used to navigating this place can be hard.”

He started walking ahead and I followed beside him. His red hair bobbed up and down out of the corner of my eye. I kept my eyes ahead but I’m not sure if that’s so smart, I could get lost again. So I glanced at Sasori and watched his movements. He was busy looking ahead but he
looked at me a second later as if he could sense I was watching him.

Um..Why’s Eya staring at me? She and Deidara are kind of an item now..

I laughed nervously as he caught me looking at him intently.

“I can explain,” I said.

“Do tell,” he replied arching a red eyebrow.

“See I don’t want to get lost by looking ahead of me. I could lose sight of you and then I’d be completely lost.”

“That makes sense,” Sasori responded.

“Yeah it totally does. So don’t get the wrong idea or anything.”

Sasori looked at me strangely. Why was she acting so flustered all of a sudden? It’s not like I declared my love for her or anything big like that.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked nervously pulling on a strand of my hair.

Sasori shrugged, “No reason. You just looked embarrassed for a second.”

I opened my mouth and was about to say something when he brought a hand up.

“Which is odd, since I know you don’t have feelings for me,” he concluded.

I shrugged, “Sorry.”

Sasori smiled at me, “That’s okay.”

“Here we are,” he replied.

I entered the kitchen and when he wasn’t following looked back at him.

“I already ate.”

“Oh okay,” I said.

I left Sasori and went inside. The kitchen was plain looking but it was big. I noticed Itachi and Kisame sitting at a table. There was no one else here. Weird. I went over to Itachi and Kisame’s table.

“Do you guys mind if I sit here?”

They both shook their heads.

“I’m going to get something to eat,” I said and they both nodded.

I grabbed a plate and went over to the buffet. I saw eggs, bacon and toast. I got all three and added butter to my meal. I sat down with Itachi and Kisame then and greeted them. They said hi back.

“How have your missions been going?” I asked bringing a fork into my eggs.

“Real easy,” Kisame said.

“Yeah I mean the boss doesn’t utilize us enough. We’re one of the strongest team’s here and he makes us go deliver messages. It’s insulting,” Itachi huffed.

I nodded, “That sucks.”

I took a bite out of my eggs and then Kisame looked at me.

“Can I help you Kisame?”

“Sure. Turn around.”

I did as he said and saw Deidara approaching us.

I turned back and Kisame smiled, “Looks your boyfriend’s here.”

Why did he have such a smug look on his face for? Was he just kidding with me or what? Whatever, I didn’t have time to decipher Kisame’s strange behavior. Suddenly I felt warm hands wrap around me and pull me in for a hug.

“Hey Eya hmm,” he breathed into my ear.

I jumped a little when he did this and this caused him to chuckle. He took his hands off me and sat next to me.

“Still not used to me are you, yeah?”

I glanced at him and shook my head. It’s true we were dating, but I hadn’t gotten to know everything about him so when he did stuff like this it caught me off guard and set my heart racing. I ate the rest of my breakfast and Deidara got a bowl of cereal to eat. When I was finished I got up to leave and so did Deidara. Itachi and Kisame laughed. I shrugged and turned on my heel to leave. I started walking out of the kitchen when I saw Deidara following me out of the corner of my eye. Why did he have to follow me? I groaned silently. I was hoping for some peace to sketch out a drawing that had been on my mind for some time.

I went back to my room and left the door open knowing Deidara was right behind me. I heard the door shut behind me. I turned around slowly but didn’t see Deidara anywhere. I frowned and was about to turn back around when I felt a kiss brush against my cheek. I was suddenly picked up and I shrieked. I felt strong hands put me down on my bed. I looked up and saw none other than Deidara. He was staring at me with the blue eye that wasn’t covered by a blonde bang. I fidgeted under his gaze.

“Can I ask you something Eya?”

“Sure,” I said my body relaxing a little.

Deidara got up close to my face and said, “Can you tell me why we haven’t had a proper kiss since that silly truth or dare game?”

I frowned and opened my mouth to talk.

“I mean why did you even agree to be my girlfriend, hmm?”

I almost got a word in but Deidara continued, “You don’t act like we’re boyfriend and girlfriend more like we’re just friends.”

“It’s making me sad, I mean come on girl! You could at least hug me or run your hands through my hair! But you’ve done neither.”

Man I forgot when Deidara got into something he didn’t stop until he had said everything he had wanted to.

“I’m sorry..I’ve been busy,” I said and that was true.

Deidara rolled his eye, “That’s a lame excuse. Look I came here to tell you if you don’t start acting how a girlfriend should that it’s over between us.”

I gaped at him.

“I’m serious Eya. I thought being with you was going to be fun but so far it’s been really boring. I don’t even feel like I’m in a relationship. Granted I’ve never been in one but I’ve heard from Itachi how it’s supposed to be.”

I frowned and dropped my eyes.

“Okay what would you like me to do differently?”

Deidara sighed, “Where do I even begin..”

I blinked rapidly.

“First of all you could kiss me and kiss me passionately not like an unmoving, inanimate object. Seriously do you even know how much of a turn off it is to kiss someone who doesn’t even react at all to me?”

“Today’s the liveliest I’ve seen you. You actually were shocked by my hug. You didn’t just sit there like a log. Which is what you usually do.”

I didn’t say anything at first but when I saw Deidara growing bored of my no reactions to anything at all, I pulled him into me.