‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Mission in Konoha

“We’ve got a mission in Konoha, hmm.” Deidara said coming into my room.

“Okay what are we doing?” I asked.

“We’re going to find and kill a jinjuriki, yeah.”

“All right, are we leaving now?”

Deidara nodded, “We’ll take my bird.”

Deidara started leaving and I followed him.
“Dammit! That jinjuriki is fast!” I said racing after the long blue haired girl that held the tailed beast.

We were on the outskirts of Konoha and we had found her walking by herself. Lucky I know.

“I know, hmm.” Deidara replied flying above me on his gorgeous white clay bird.

He was faster than me in the air but I was still pretty quick on the ground. Finally we got a break. There was a dead end up ahead. The jinjuriki came up to it and looked back at us, panicked. I smiled and ran up to her. I focused my chakra and extended my hand out in her direction. My body warmed up and a blast of fire smacked her in the stomach. She groaned but it hadn’t knocked her down like I thought it would.

Deidara jumped off his bird and it exploded into pieces. He summoned a large centipede and it wrapped around the girl. She moaned but it wasn’t her. He was crushing a log. Damn, a substitution. I looked behind me but she wasn’t there. Suddenly I felt a pain in the back of my head and ended falling on the ground. I scowled she had done an attack from the air. I got up shakily and tossed a shuriken at her. It collided with her and she screamed.

Deidara jumped in the air as she fell and round house kicked her. Nice I thought. She went tumbling and I thought the fight was ours but her tailed beast suddenly came out then. It was a large snake and it looked angry. I gulped but held my ground. Deidara’s feet hit the ground then and he threw explosive spiders at it. The spiders exploded on the snake but when the smoke cleared it didn’t appear injured. I growled and threw a magma wave its way. The beast was engulfed and when it dissipated it looked burned. I smiled a win for me. Deidara jumped up into the air again but this time created a dozen snakes out of clay. They hit the beast and exploded with a loud bang.

The beast groaned and started to sway. I could tell this fight was drawing to an end. I gathered all of my charka together and threw my hand up in the air. I made fire rain down on the beast. It cried out and Deidara looked at me, shocked. He shook his head then went in for the kill. Creating a clay javelin he threw it at the beast and it exploded loudly. The beast moaned one last time before slumping.

“I think we killed it, hmm.” Deidara said as the beast returned to its human form.

“Me too,” I replied.

Deidara put his hand in his clay bag and created his clay bird. He grabbed the jinjuriki and jumped up on it.

I jumped on as well and as we were flying he said to me, “I’ve never seen that fire rain move of yours before, hmm.”

I laughed, “I just made it up a couple of weeks ago.”

Deidara looked at me surprised, “It was impressive.”

I blushed and he smiled at me. We flew for a couple more hours and then we were at the base.
Deidara threw the jinjuriki on the ground at Pein’s feet.

“Here’s the eight tailed beast you wanted, hmm.”

Pein nodded and said, “Help us extract the beast then.”

“All right,” we both said.

We got up on our pedestals and each of us made hand signs. The beast was slowly being pulled out from the girl’s body. It thrashed and kicked but we finally got it out. After we were done I hopped off and started heading towards my room.

“Where are you going, hmm?”

I looked behind me and saw Deidara standing with Sasori.

“My room,” I said simply.

“Why don’t we go to my room and play truth or dare?” Sasori asked.

“I.Hate.That.Damn.Game,” Deidara said.

Sasori laughed and his eyes narrowed, “Oh really? If it weren’t for that ‘damn’ game you wouldn’t be with Eya right now would you?”

Deidara blushed. Oh he got him there.

“That’s what I thought, now let’s go.”

I followed behind Sasori, Deidara walking beside me.