Status: While The maine are real people, everything(pretty much) is completely made up in this story!

Time and Consequence

The Bar

Sadie’s room had not changed since high school. The walls were still a light purple. The furniture was a deep brown in need of dusting. It was a mystery how cluttered her room became when it was only the 2nd week she had been home for good after college. Her mattress was still lumpy and her clothes still littered the floor. The only thing that had changed was her alarm clock. It no longer was set to an ungodly hour. She was done with high school, well, school in general. At 21, just graduated college, Sadie was lost. She knew her passion was photography, duh. She even went to school for it. But now what? What was she supposed to do? She groaned and rolled over, hanging off her bed as she stretched. Too many thoughts first thing in the morning. The blue alarm clock read 12:00 pm. After getting in atalmost 2oclock last night, sleeping in was justified. The Nikon on sadie’s desk reminded her of last night. She got out of bed and smiled as she remembered the concert and the nice conversations she had with the members. That guy with Jared was weird though. Sadie knew if he talked to any other fan, even followed them like he did with her, they would be over the moon. Garrett, that was his name. But it was whatever. Sadie rolled her eyes and started to walk down the stairs. Her mother, Erin, greeted her at the kitchen table. “How was last night?” Erin began clearing the syrupy plates off the table. Sadie deflated as she realized she missed breakfast. “ It was good…I went to see The Maine.” Erin tried to remember if The Maine was one of the bands her daughter listened to. “Never heard of them.” “I didn’t know until last night, really. It was a good photo op, though.” Erin sighed as she went over to the sink to wash the dishes. Her daughter was always going out of her way with her camera, and she didn’t want to see Sadie get hurt if it led nowhere. “Any guys hit on you?” joked Ben, Sadie’s dad, as he appeared in the doorway. He looked like he had been up for hours, making Sadie feel slightly unproductive and a bit bad about sleeping in. “Nah..well…one of the band guys..uh..I dunno.” It was true. He was probably just being nice. Her parents shared confused looks and Sadie shrugged, excusing herself. As soon as she re-entered her room, her cell phone started to ring. It was Zoe, her best friend from home. “Hello?” Sadie paced around the room , attempting to tidy up a bit. “Hey, Sadie! What’re you doing tonight?” Zoe sounded like she had something up her sleeve. “Nothi-“ “Let’s go to that little bar we always pass by,” Zoe interrupted as usual. It was just like Zoe to suggest drinking, but Sadie hadn’t properly hung out with her since February, so she was up for it. “Why not? I’m in.”
The guys walked into a tiny bar, enjoying their day off in Boston. They would have to hit the road again tomorrow. Why not have some fun while they stretched their legs? The place was considerably packed, and looked like low key fun. It would be rare if someone noticed who they were. “Let’s go find somewhere to sit,” suggested pat to the rest of the group as John and Kennedy made their way over to the bar tender. John wasn’t one to hold back when drinks were involved like most people his age. Jared sat down with Garrett and Pat, drumming his fingers on the water-ringed table infront of them. Peter Sellers and Dirk Mai entered the bar and nodded at Jared as they too walked over to the bar tender. Tonight would be fun. “I’m gonna get a drink now,” decided Garrett. He stood up and adjusted his baggy jeans. He made a mental note to put some clean ones on next time. Jared told him his order and Pat, who rarely drank, did too. “The show last night was awesome, right?” Pat asked tucking his hair behind his ear. It was always in the way. Jared nodded. “Lots of interesting people to talk to afterwards, too.” “Sadie,” Pat remembered. “Seems as though Garrett had a little crush on sa-“ Jared stopped short as Garrett returned, trying to balance the drinks in his hands. “Garrett what?” He flopped down and took a sip of his beer. Pat just grinned and went to talk to John and Kennedy, who were talking animatedly with their hands across the way. “Sadie,” Jared teased. Garrett looked lost for a minute. Who? Then he remembered. The girl from last night. “Totally.” Garrett humored him. “Who’re you talking about?”John asked as he walked back over to the band and crew. “You didn’t meet her, but she was some photographer from last night,” Jared explained John nodded and looked towards the back of room just as some college aged girls were walking in. Pat squinted his eyes and leaned towards Garrett. “Hey, isn’t that her?”
“You look wicked good, Sade!” Zoe exclaimed, seeming quite astonished. Good but uncomfortable. It was rare that she saw her friend in anything other than jeans and a tshirt. Sadie pulled at her tight skirt. Talk about a wedgie. She grimaced a “thanks” to Zoe and followed her to a row of stools. Zoe had no trouble walking in heels but with all the trouble Sadie had in them, it was if she was already drunk. Zoe ran a hand through her blonde curly hair, using the other to catch the bar tender’s attention. He looked more than happy to oblige. Zoe was a total bombshell. “Vodka & cranberry, please. Double.” Sadie sat down on the cool metal stool, shivering as it touched her bare legs, and caught her drink as it slid down the bar. “Photograph anything good lately?”Zoe wondered as she sipped her drink, making a face at the bitterness. “Bands recently. I just photographed The Maine? Last night.” Sadie choked down a mouthful of her drink. Too big of a sip. “I think my sister likes them, dunno.” Zoe winced as the liquid burned down her throat. “Why did we even order this?” “It gets better farther into the drink, you’ll see,” Zoe promised, meaning that they would be drunk and used to it by that time. The other people in the bar started getting comfortable and drunkenly sang and danced to the songs blaring from the speakers. “Let’s join them!” Zoe downed her drink, watching Sadie do the same, and dragged her to the crowd. They were both a little tipsy as they danced with the others around them. A lot of people Sadie didn’t recognize started talking to Zoe, who seemed to know exactly who they were. Guess that’s what Sadie got for going to college out of state. She smiled politely and bobbed her head to conversations, but the fun was waring off as she watched her friend socialize without her. She needed another drink. A little while later, still drinkless, Sadie turned to Zoe. “I’m getting another drink. You good here?” Zoe nodded and slurred “I’m getting a ride home with my friend Bryan. The designer driver,” Zoe giggled and a tall, sober guy waved at Sadie. Sadie remembered meeting him before andso she didn’t feel weird leaving zoe. She said goodnight to Zoe and made her way back to the bar. A familiar looking guy with a beard and plaid shirt sat at one of the stools. “A rum and coke please” she tapped her hands against bar counter. The guy sitting by side glanced at her, then fully made eye contact once he was sure of who she was. “Sadie, hey!” Jared greeted, his own voice sounded looser and slightly drunk. “Hey, what’re you still doing here?” Sadie took bigger sips of her drink, “Don’t bands like, leave ASAP?” “Kinda, but we have a day off so we don’t have to leave until tomorrow.” Sadie nodded, “Makes sense.” “Are you here alone?” Jared didn’t want to think Sadie was there alone, getting drunk. He hoped it wasn’t a regular thing. “Nah, my friend zoe she was with me but then she left with some other friends and yah”, she rambled as she sipped more of her drink. “You should hang with us then, come on,” and with that, Jared gently led Sadie back towards the rest of the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
* things will pick up soon :D do not worry