Status: enjoy;]

Falling in Love for the Night

josh hutcherson

Cottonwood fallin’ like snow in July
Sunset, riverside, 4 wheel drives
In a tail light circle
Roll down the windows, turn it on up
Pour a little crown in a dixie cup
Get the party started

Girl, you make my speakers go boom boom
Dancin’ on the tailgate in a full moon
That kinda thing makes a man go mmm hmmm
You’re lookin’ so good in what’s left of those blue jeans
Drip of honey on the money make her gotta be
The best buzz I’m ever gonna find
Hey, I’m a little drunk on you
And high on summertime;


Finally. A vacation back home in Kentucky. It was nice to get away from the fame and the never ending pester of paparazzi and fan girls. Don’t get me wrong, I love my fans, every one of them. Sometimes I just want to walk down the street without thousands of fucking people freaking the fuck out. Back in Kentucky, my life long friend Jermiah was having a get together down by the river where we grew up. A fire was in the middle of a ring of pick up trucks, tail lights making a glare. Music was blaring out of the truck where I was sitting, drinking Crown Royal and Coke.
“So superstar, how have you been?” Mandy asked, refilling my cup. My buzz was coming faster and stronger than I thought.
“Stressed as shit,” I replied honestly, bringing the cup to my lips again. The liquid burned my throat, but in the best way. Mandy laughed and gave me a pat on the back.
“Drink your worries away, little buddy.” Before I could ask my question, the sound of a truck engine ripped through the woods. Headlights made their way across the field and the truck filled the remaining spot.
“Abs-ba-gabs!” Mandy got up and walked across the fire to see her sister. The last time I saw Abigail, she had dark red hair with amazing blue eyes. She had just gotten her braces off, revealing a row of gorgeous pearly whites. How could I ever forget her? She was my very first kiss.
“Fill er up!” Abigail was grinning ear to ear from across the fire.
“Are you already drunk?” Mandy asked her. I couldn’t handle it anymore once she giggled and put her hands on her face. I was on my way over there. Her blue eyes shot up at mine, making sure to get that contact.
“Is that Joshua?” She asked, squinting at me while still holding on to her older sister.
“The one, the only.” I held my arms out to the sides.
“Well,well, well.”
“How goes it, Abs?” I asked, not knowing if I should hug her or take her to my Jeep for the night. Or both.
“Good, Hutch. You?” A smirk pulled over my lips and I couldn’t help myself. I reached out for he, pulling her small frame into my arms. Her tan skin was warm against mine, hair smelling like strawberries, arms wrapping tight around my waist.
“I’m great.” I didn’t whisper, but I was quiet. A song came on the radio and Abby gasped, jumping out of my grasp. Her friends got up on the tailgate of the truck with her and started to sing along. I couldn’t concentrate on anything but her long legs in those cut off jeans. In the middle of the song, Abby’s beautiful smile lit up the night, brighter than the fire did, as her hand reached out to pull me up onto the back of the truck. I found myself singing and dancing along with her. Caught in the moment, caught in the touch of Abigail Jones.

If you ain’t a 10 you’re a 9.9
Tippin’ n’ spillin’ that home-made wine
On your tied up T-shirt
Every little kiss is drivin’ me wild
Throwin’ little cherry bombs into my fire
Good god almighty

Girl, you make my speakers go boom boom
Dancin’ on the tailgate in a full moon
That kinda thing makes a man go mmm hmmm
You’re lookin’ so good in what’s left of those blue jeans
Drip of honey on the money make her gotta be
The best buzz I’m ever gonna find
Hey, I’m a little drunk on you
And high on summertime;


We’ve been in the field for almost 2 hours. All joking, dancing, drinking, singing. Abby and I sat on the back of my black rental pickup. She was more beautiful than I remember, even when she didn’t wear any makeup - like right now.
“We’re so old, Josh.” Abby sighed, peering down at her almost empty drink. I just placed my arm around her slim waist.
“It’s scary, right?” I asked her. She nodded in reply. I furrowed my eyebrows together, noticing an old song coming on the radio from 2005.
“Holy shit. I love this song!” She got up and started dancing to Hate It or Love It, her drink sloshing onto her tied up flannel shirt.
“This reminds me of that summer when we were 13,” I told her, smirking against the rim of my cup. She smiled up at me and took a step closer.
“What a good summer, huh?: She asked, moving her hips lightly to the beat.
I shook my head and swallowed the remains in my cup. “My first kiss was horrible.” Abby’s jaw dropped and she stopped dancing, so I kept going. “Disgusting. Slobbery, wet. Mouth was all over.” I used my hand to gesture around my face.
“I am not a bad kisser!” She crossed her arms and popped her hip to the side.
“Not from what I remember.” I laughed and shook my head, leaning over to refill my cup.
“Then let me refresh your memory.” I watched her intently as she took a few steps closer to me. she stood in between my legs and placed her hands on my thighs. Her green eyes peered down at my lips as hers encased between her teeth. I licked mine as she inched closer, but never actually touched our lips together. She turned her head ever so slightly and lowered he heard. My hands found their way to her hips, pulling her close. Finally after a little bit of hesitation, her lips pressed to mine. I tasted the wine on her soft pink lips. They gave me a sense of warmth and comfort, something I hadn’t felt in almost 8 years. She parted my lips with hers and they began to move in syn-cranny. I didn’t realize that her cups cupped my face or that my hands had moved as well - one on her ass and the other wound in her hair. I also didn’t realize that everyone was cheering us on in the background. Even though I didn’t want her to, she pulled away just an inch or two.
“Bad kisser, huh?” She asked, smiling down at me. I simply shook my head because I couldn’t find the words, and pulled her into another kiss. It felt like electricity pulsed through my veins, fire burning in my stomach. It wasn’t the booze, it was 100% Abigail.

Let’s slip on out where it’s a little bit darker
And when it gets a little bit hotter
We’ll take it off on out in the water

Girl, you make my speakers go boom boom
Dancin’ on the tailgate in a full moon
That kinda thing makes a man go mmm hmmm
You’re lookin’ so good in what’s left of those blue jeans
Drip of honey on the money make her gotta be
The best buzz I’m ever gonna find
Hey, I’m a little drunk on you
And high on summertime;


“Want to go swimming?” Abby asked, jumping off of the tailgate to stand in front of me.
“Of course,” I answered, placing my hand in hers. She pulled me in between the vehicles, out into the darkness of the July night. The moon glistened off of the water.
“I cant get my clothes wet.” She was smirking, I could hear it in her voice. She stopped so quickly that I ran into the back off her, trying to make contact with her eyes and not her ass.
“We can work around that,” I whispered, sliding my hands along her bare hips. My lips drew closer to hers as she let her hands work their way up to my jaw.
“I knew you could.” She whispered back, before smacking my cheek lightly twice, and taking off down into the water. I laughed and undressed quickly, running to catch up. She was just coming up from the water as I made it up to my waste.
“This is relaxing!” She laughed, spinning around in the water. I laughed and picked her up when she turned towards me. She wrapped her legs around me and laid above the water as I spun her. She came back up and smiled at me, looking into my eyes.
“Did you really think I was a bad kisser?” She asked me, suddenly looking concerned. I furrowed my eyebrows together and shook my head.
“Of course not.”
“What about now?” She was biting her lip again. I’d love to take it in between my teeth, taste her sweet lips again.
“I love your kisses,” I whispered against her throat. I heard her sigh and she pulled away to place her lips back on mine once again.
Abigail’s kisses were intoxicated. The only way I could stop is if she pulled away first, which she did after a few minutes. “Please don’t leave again.” Her voice was hushed into a whispered.
“You know you can come visit me anytime you want.” I peered up at her and kissed the tip of her freckled nose. She nodded her head, brushing her nose against mine. I placed one more kiss on her lips before setting her down. “Let’s get out of here before my dick gets lost inside my body.”
Abigail laughed and linked my hand with hers once again. This felt right, like it was suppose to be this way. We got dressed again and she went off into the high parts of the grass to go to the bathroom. When she came back, she ran and jumped onto me, legs wrapping tight around my waist.
“I really want to visit you,” She told me, thumb brushing my lower lip. I kissed it and looked up at her.
“Come back with me for a week then.” Her eyes lit up and she smiled while wrinkling her nose.
“That’s crazy.”
“You’re crazy,” I wrinkled my nose back at her and kissed those pink lips again.
“So are you.”
I nodded and smacked her ass while wiggling my eyebrows. “That’s why we get along.” She tipped her head back and laughed. I couldn’t help but laugh too. Why? Because I missed the way I could be at home. I didn’t have to worry about people watching me constantly, I had my friends that don’t want me for my money and have been there from the beginning.
“Let’s go dance some more,” Abigail interrupted my thoughts, kissing just below my ear. It made me take a sharp inhale.
“Or to my truck.” I winked over at her, hoping she didn’t think I was being perverted.
She smiled down at me once more, before kissing my lips, and jumped down from my grasp. “I’ll race you.” Then she was gone and I needed to find her.

Yeah, I’m a little drunk on you;
♠ ♠ ♠
drunk on you by luke bryan.