Status: Completed

Coffee Grounds

Chapter Two

Lucas chuckled to himself at the sheer coincidence that is life. He couldn’t really believe that they had really actually bumped into each other at all, let alone in the middle of New York City. Her parting words to him when she had simultaneously broken her own heart and his had been “see you soon.”

In all the time he had known Amy she had never used the word ‘goodbye.’ She had ranted on that point just as she would go on tangents about why the world should hate mayonnaise and only have miracle whip. She always said that it was too final a word for two people who would see each other again – goodbye was meant for people on their deathbeds or people who would actually never see each other again.

Lucas was perplexed as to why and how she knew that they would see each other again, but she had always been confused by her. From the moment they met he felt like she had grabbed him to bring him along on a grand adventure like Peter had taken Wendy. He realized with a slight ping of regret that he was Wendy in their relationship.

She was wild and he had always played it safe. She had made the first move, walking up to him looking determined and gave him a loud “HI, I’M AMY,” and held out her hand to give his a shake. Lucas was more than a little bit intimidated by her; until he found out she was nothing to be intimidated by.