Sequel: Tears on the Runway
Status: Active. Comment for quicker updates!!

Messy Ending

"This Isn't The First Time We've Done This, You Know?" -Ben

A few minutes of me holding Ben in my arms passed before the double glass doors pushed open and my name was called.

“Dai? Ben?” Caitlin called into the cold, dark night.

Both Ben and I turned to look at my sister. “Yeah, Cait?”

“Do you want me to take you guys back to the Grandparents house? It looks like they won’t be leaving anytime soon,” she informed us, starting to click her high heel clad feet in our direction.

“Yeah, that’s be great, Caiti,” I told her with a soft smile. I took Ben’s hand in mine and pulled him along behind me as Caitlin led us back to her car.

“Travis stayed behind to try and talk some sense into Grandma and Grandpa, but I have no idea what he plans to accomplish with that,” she told us, throwing her purse into the passenger seat. “I’m sorry about that by the way, Ben.” She shoved the key into the ignition and brought the car to life. “It’s just them by the way. I think you’re good for Dai.”

Ben grinned, lacing his fingers through mine. “Thanks, Caitlin.”
“It’s the truth.” She glanced at us in the rearview mirror and grinned back at my boyfriend. “And you two are just so freaking adorable together!” she gushed.

Ben’s strong arm snaked firmly around my waist, his free hand toying with my fingers absentmindedly. My head rested against the warmth of his chest and his chin rested over my head. We stayed that way throughout the entire drive home.

~~~

Caitlin dropped us off in front of the house and abruptly left to pick up her husband from the restaurant where she had left him. Ben and I didn’t leave her without another quick “Thank you.”

We both scrambled through the precariously unlocked front door. I immediately made a beeline to the bathroom as soon as the door had closed shut behind us to “unfancy” myself a bit.

I didn’t notice Ben catch up to me until I began to undo the intricate hairstyle Caitlin had given me for the night. He leaned against the door frame, folding his arms across his chest.

The hairstyle left my dark hair in unruly curls down my back. In an effort to make it look neater than it I was, I combed my fingers through the mess of hair. The attempt was of course fruitless and didn’t faze my messy hair a bit.

“You look gorgeous, Dai,” Ben told me, a small smile on his face. It was almost as if he knew how self-conscious I was with myself being with someone as amazing as he was.

A smile found its way onto my face at the comment and my eyes lit up. I turned to make my way toward my boyfriend. My arms encircled his slender waist and I stood on the tips of my toes to plant a soft kiss on his lips.

“Wanna take this to my room?” I mumbled against his lips, through the middle of the kiss.

“We’re in your grandparents’ house, Dai,” he answered in a soft voice back against my lips. His hands roamed along the curves in my sides, exploring every inch of my body that was available to him.

“They won’t be here for a while.” I brought his face closer to mine, using both hands to keep him in place as I kissed him. “C’mon, Ben.” I shifted my face to press gentle kisses against his neck.

Something in him seemed to break and before I had time to think we were in my room and he was locking the door. One had of his was pressed into my waist, keeping me against the door, and the other was rising up from where he had quickly locked the door.

I let out a tiny giggle at his sudden sense of urgency. “Ben.” I continued to giggle as his lips brushed against my neck and he pressed gentle kisses along the tender flesh there.

When he brought his face back up to look at me there was a small smirk on his lips. “I love,” he told me in a quiet voice. The hand that wasn’t pressed onto my hip reached up to tangle itself in my hair.

“I love you more,” I declared with a shy smile.

His smirk changed into a full on smile at my words. Both his hands gripped my waist and he began to pull me with him toward the Queen sized bed in the center of the room.

On the way across the short distance to the bed, he slid his hand up my back to pull my zipper down on my dress. He then helped the tight, black dress slip off my body, leaving me almost all the way naked. I ducked my head to avoid his gaze, suddenly overcome with insecurity over my own body.

“So beautiful,” Ben breathed as if he read my mind.

I nibbled at my lip and chanced a look up at my boyfriend. I slipped my sore feet out of the confinements of the tall high heels, becoming substantially shorted than Ben was. I began to work on removing his shirt.

“This isn’t the first time we’ve done this, you know?” he pointed out, sensing the bundle of nerves that I radiated.

“Yes, but this will be the first time it means something to you…” I muttered, unwilling to meet his eyes.

Overwhelming silence met my ears, but moments later two fingers lifted my chin up to look at him. Nothing was said, but Ben brought my lips into a passionate kiss. The kiss stunned me and my movements froze.

“Get my pants off, Dai,” he reminded me with a chuckle against my lips.

“Right,” I remembered, slightly embarrassed at my lapse in brain function for a moment. My fingers fumbled with undoing his pants for a while before I was finally able to slide them down his thin legs.

Our lips never disconnected as we collapsed onto the mattress together. I climbed over him, placing kisses on his neck and collar bone.

Suddenly I felt the warmth of his hands creep into my underwear, rubbing up and down my thighs for a moment. A giant shiver coursed throughout my entire body. :Ben,” I groaned as he bit at my neck. “Stop teasing me.”

A playfully sinister chuckle left his lips and vibrated against my flesh. “Soon, my dear, soon,” he told me as he continued to bite and suck at my neck.

“Ben!” I whined.

The tips of his fingers began to push the lacey black underwear I wore that nigh down my legs. He barely messed with any foreplay other than pushing and rubbing against me for a few seconds, which I was perfectly fine with. I wanted him to stop teasing me and get down to it. I slipped his boxers off of him and threw it into the growing pile of clothes on the floor.

“Ready?” he questioned, positioning himself over me.

I nodded frantically and bit into the flesh of his shoulder as he finally did enter me. “Ben,” I moaned. “Faster.” He was going way too excruciatingly slow for me. “You’re killing me here,” I continued when his speed didn’t increase at all.

“That’s the plan, love,” he teased with that evil smirk of his.

Obviously he wouldn’t do as I asked so I took the initiative to make it happen. I dug my nails into the flesh of his back and rolled both of us over so that I was on top and now in control. I increased the speed substantially to one that satisfied me.

Ben growled and flipped us back over, but still maintained the speed that had sated me. His hands gripped so tight on my hips to steady me that I was almost sure bruises would appear tomorrow.

“Ben!” I repeated his name once again, tugging on his hair and leaving a trail of claw marks down his back.

Inside me something clenched and I knew he could sense that I was coming closer to climax so he slowed down a slight bit. It went on like that for a few minutes longer before I just couldn’t take it anymore. “Ben,” I gasped. “Faster, faster,” I panted in a pleading voice. My eyes squeezed shut tight as my climax came closer and closer.

Ben, despite my desperate pleas, didn’t quicken his pace any. It didn’t much matter, because with each thrust he brought me closer to ecstasy.

My nails dug into the skin of his back so deeply I think I actually broke the skin. Finally the clenching in my stomach released and an amazing sensation fell over me. I let out one final moan before Ben fell off of me.

Both of us laid there for minutes later panting and gasping for air. “Oh my God, Ben.” I rolled toward him and buried my face into his bare chest.

He chuckled, using one arm to pull me up and closer to his body. “That good, huh?”

I giggled into his neck. “Yes, it was amazing.”

He smiled, but almost immediately it faded. “Why did you say that earlier? About it being the first time it meant something to me?” he finally asked after minutes of silence.

“It’s true isn’t?” I asked. “When you invited me to your bus I was just another fan that you didn’t care about, right?” I murmured, gazing up at him.

He seemed to mull over my words for a minute. “Not exactly, Dai… From the moment I saw you…” He paused to think his words over carefully before he spoke again. “I knew you were different. I don’t know what it was…” His eyes met mine. “There was something about you that I couldn’t let go of. For weeks you wouldn’t leave my head ad you still won’t. You have permanent residence there.” With that last sentence he flashed me a small grin.

My chin rested on his collar bone and my smile was soft with sleepiness. “I love you, Ben.”

“I love you more, Dai,” he repeated the line that I always said after he told me he loved me.

I smiled. Somewhere at the front of the house I heard the front door open and shut. Soon thereafter the noise of my grandparents’ voice followed. I didn’t care, though. They wouldn’t bother neither Ben nor I; our door was locked.

Ben’s strong arms wrapped around me tightly, almost protectively, in an embrace. We laid there in near silence. My eyes fell closed and I drifted off to peaceful sleep there in my boyfriend’s protective arms.

~~~

Early the next morning, though not as early as Ben had woken me up on my birthday, I woke up to the feel of movement in the bed beside me. My boyfriend was attempting to crawl out of the bed without waking me, unsuccessfully of course.

“Ben! Don’t leave me,” I requested, reaching my arms out for him, tiredly.

“I’m just going to the bathroom, sweetheart,” he replied, pulling some pants on in case somebody ran into him in the hall. “I’ll be back as quick as I can.”

I pouted, but agreed. Before he left the room he pressed a gentle kiss against my lips.

After he exited the room, I laid back down on my stomach. The sheets that were bunched up next to me smelled like him and made a smile appear on my face. I pulled the bundle of sheets close to me and cuddled them close to my naked body.

About ten minutes later I heard Ben’s return. I didn’t look up at him until I felt the bed dip in with his weight. His lips quirked into a half smile. “Why exactly are you cuddling with the sheets? Am I not good enough?” he teased.

“They smell like you,” I explained, innocently, somewhat embarrassed of my confession.

That smile of his widened. “You’re so insanely adorable, love,” he replied, pulling my bare body into his tattooed arms.

I giggled into his shirtless chest and then looked up at him. “What took you so long?” I asked, noting that it couldn’t have taken him ten minutes just to use the bathroom.

“Well, I kind of ran into your grandpa,” he explained, scratching the back of his head nervously.

“What?” I sat erect. “What did he say to you?” I demanded to know. If my grandpa had said something rude to my boyfriend without me there to defend him, that crossed a line. Ben sure as hell wouldn’t defend himself to somebody who he wanted to be liked by so badly.

“Relax, Dai. It wasn’t too bad.”

“What did he say to you, Ben?” I repeated, frustrated.

“Calm down, sweetheart. His exact words were, ‘Ben, I may not approve of you and my granddaughter, but you seem to make her happy for some odd reason. As long as you make her happy I’ll support you two. If you break her heart, I’ll break you.’” He finished quoting my grandfather and took a long breath before he spoke again. “Nice to know he doesn’t fully hate me. As for your grandmother… well, I can’t say as much.”

Before he finished the last sentence I was already shaking my head. “Don’t worry about it, Ben. I honestly do not care if they approve or not.” I encircled his torso in my arms.

“They’re still your family, Dai,” he countered. “I want them to approve of me. I want you to be happy.”

“I am happy with you, Ben, whether they approve or not,” I told him. “You make me happy… very happy.”

He grinned, but then seemed to notice the lack of clothing on my body. “You gonna get dressed anytime soon?” he questioned.

“Depends.” I rubbed my hand down his bare chest. “Do you want me to or do you want to…?” I trailed off, sure he knew what I meant with my unspoken words.

A soft chuckle left his lips and vibrated through his chest. “Dai, your grandparents are here,” he pointed out.

“And?” I began to press small seductive kisses on his neck and moved up to his strong jawline.

“Dai, I would, but you’re kind of loud,” he told me, stifling a laugh.

I pulled back from him, quickly. “I am not loud!” I exclaimed, aghast that he was saying such a thing to me.

“ Yes, you are!” It was then that he burst into laughter, I’m pretty sure it was at the look on my face. “You’re lucky your grandparents didn’t come home before they did last night. They would have known and my talk with your grandpa would have been very different.”

“Ben,” I whined, digging my face into his bare shoulder. “I’m not that loud.” I then looked up at him with a pout on my face.

Another soft laugh vibrated through his chest. “Get dressed, Dai,” he told me.

I knew there would be no changing his mind and detached myself from him. Changing in front of him was somewhat awkward for me. The only times he’d seen my body were in the shine provided by the moonlight through the window, not in the full light like this. As I shifted through the clothes Ben had packed for me, I was careful to keep the sheet pulled up over my bare body.

Suddenly Ben’s firm arms wrapped around my waist from behind, chin on my bare shoulder. “What I it that you’re so insecure of me seeing?” he asked, voice soft, in my ear.

A few moments went by before I answered. “Me,” I told him simply, turning my face away from his. I wasn’t exactly what you would call the thinnest girl. Back in high school I struggled with eating disorders. Those lasted for years before I saw what I was doing to myself and realized I should treat myself better, so I quit them.

“I think you’re absolutely gorgeous, Dai,” he told me. “Everything about you is so perfect.”

I snorted a laugh. “Trust me, Ben, I’m the farthest thing from perfect.”

“Not to me. You’re the definition of perfect to me. I love everything about you.” He slid the sheet away from my body and waited for me to dress in the clothes he’d brought for me. “Go on, get dressed, Dai,” he urged softly.

I quickly dressed myself in the skin tight blue jeans and warm black sweater that Ben had packed for me, taking into account that the weather for California was unusually cold.

“Would you like your present?” Ben queried when I was fully dressed and turned to where he had taken a seat on the bed.

“What?” I asked, tilting my head to the side in confusion a bit. “Wasn’t this my present?” I gestured around the room referring to the fact that he’d driven me four hours to see my family as a form of birthday surprise.

“You didn’t think that was all did you?” he replied with a subtle smirk on his lips. When I just stared at him in surprised confusion he reached into the drawer of the bedside table and when his hand returned he held what looked to be a fancy, shiny, black box. “I meant to give this to you last night, but we were a bit… occupied.” He winked in that cockily charming way he had so perfected over the years and handed me the box.

For a few moments I simply stared at it, fascinated with the beauty of the simple box. It was a simple glossy black, but a gold owl clasp held the box closed. I unclasped the owl head and my jaw hit the floor when I laid my eyes on the contents of the box. In the box there was a beautiful necklace. Hung at the end of a simple silver chain was a circle encrusted in diamonds and in the center of that was my birthstone, Tanzanite. It must have cost him a fortune.

“Well?” Ben spoke up, nervously from him spot on the bed, when I didn’t speak for a while. “What do you think?”

“Ben,” I breathed, not moving my gaze from the necklace. “It’s absolutely gorgeous.” It was then that I managed to rip my eyes away from the shimmering beauty of the necklace and look at my boyfriend. “Would you put it on for me?”

“Of course, love,” he replied, taking the delicate piece of jewelry in his hands. I helped by pushing my hair aside. He pulled the necklace around my neck and fastened the clasp in the back.

“I love it,” I breathed, touching the stone with the tips of my fingers as I turned to face him. I embrace him, throwing my arms around his neck in a tight hug. “I love you.” Before he had the chance to respond I forced my lips onto his in an ecstatic kiss.

“Well, I’m glad you love it,” he managed when I finally freed him of my lips.

My grip around his neck loosened a bit and I craned my neck to smile up at him. “Do you want to leave today?” I questioned, brushing a tiny bit of his unruly hair back from his face.

“If you’d like to stay longer we can,” he told me, encircling my waist in his arms.

I grinned at the fact that he was willing to stay to make me happy. “No, no,” I assured him. “I’m perfectly content. We can leave… after I’ve said goodbye to my sister,” I told him.

“Sounds like a plan.” He grinned at me before he leaned down to my level to press a kiss gentler than mine against my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dai's gift.

I just looked up the birthstone for December. Sorry if I'm wrong.

This was so awkward to write, especially knowing that Raera was going to read it... haha And this chapter is REALLY long so that makes up for the wait, I hope.

Anyway, thanks...

SynysterxSavannah
Sweet cheeks
secretbandauthor
strigoi.
Lulie Belle