Cheveyo

Chapter 3

Friday was here before I knew it. My dad had left out on business. That woman stayed with him all week. When she tried to talk to me at dinner, I completely ignored her. The only woman I want with my father is my mother. I know its selfish but I've havent let go of my one true love and I dont even know who he is.

I ran upstairs to have a moment with my friend google. When I walked in my room I froze. I smelled something. Something I don't smell until I wake up in the mornings. I smelled Cheveyo all over my room. My bed smelled like him, my pillows, my clothes, its like he walked all over my room rubbing his scent everywhere.

For some reason I got a spark of hope that he was here in my room somewhere. I checked my closet and under my bed. I even looked behind the curtains and still I found nothing. When I realized he wasnt there, I broke down. I don't know why I even thought he would be here. "He isn't real Shawn." I repeated and over. It still wont hurt to see what I can find.

I went to the computer and typed google in the search bar. First I typed Cheveyo to see what I could find. His name means 'Spirit Warrior' and Catori mean 'Spirit'.I thought about my dream and tried to find some relevance to the meanings of out the names but came up with nothing. I also decided to try to find the meaning a phrase he spoke in my dream.

"Na hi yu tsi ge se s di, Tsu de ti yv da, O ni u wa gu di di sv, Tsi ga ta ha, A se i, V ga lu tsv. (By this time, years afterwards, I shall return.) I went through hell trying to find the meaning but when I finally did, I didn't know what to think of it. "By this time, years afterwards, I shall return." I said aloud. What does that mean? People dont magically come back from the dead. I watched him die. I pushed the thoughts from my head and I decided it was time to get ready for Austin's party.

After I showered, I threw on a pair of white shorts and a black tank top and applied a touch of makeup. I'm not going to that party looking like a complete slut. I don't have time for guys to push up on me and try to get in my pants. The only reason I'm going is because of my friends. If it weren't for them, I'd be sitting her with a book in my hands or crying.

The doorbell rang and I knew it was time. I walk down the stairs and opened the door. Ben was standing there grinning, he had his hair braided today. He wore his Letterman jacket and a pair of dark jeans. Melanie looked completely different! She is wearing a short, black, strapless dress and heels! Sara is wearing a black halter top, black shorts and red heels. Emmett kept his usual preppy clothes. He wore a yellow polo shirt, tan shorts and tan Sperry's. His artificial hair is styled perfectly.

They all looked me up and down with a frown on their faces. "Youre wearing that?" Sara asked taking in my outfit.

"Yup." I said popping the p. SHe crossed her arms and stared into my eyes.

"Youre not going anywhere looking like that." SHe said seriously.

"I guess I'm not going anywhere then." I said and I started to close the door. Ben's hand shot out and stopped it.

"Who cares what you wear!" He said. "Lets go have some fun." I heard Sara groaned but she finally gave in.

The party is packed. There has to be at least one-hundred people here. The smell of alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana, and sex lingered in the air. I spotted Austin as soon as we walked in. I hid myself behind Ben, trying not to be seen by him. I'm not afraid of him by far, he's just that guy you'd rather not bump into. He's too pushy and he thinks he can have any girl he wants. He's pushed up on some girl now, he'll have in someones bed tonight.

"How about a drink?" Melanie suggested.

"Mel, you know I don't drink." I said. She crossed her arms.

"Look at me," She said. "I'm the biggest nerd at this party and I'm having fun. Loosen up Shawn." Maybe I do need to loosen up. I'll have one drink. I'm not about to end up like the rest of the girls, drunk and crying.

"One drink," I said glaring at her. "After this, I'm not letting you guys talk me into anything else." She squealed happily and ran off to the kitchen.

"Lets dance!" Emmett yelled over the blaring music. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. Let me tell you, I love to dance. I wont dance with just anyone though, only my closest friends. He spun me around and pulled me to him so my back is pressed to his chest, I grinded my hips against his playfully. Thank god he's not the type to get a boner when he dances with his female friends.

We danced for a couple of minutes then Mel came back with our drinks. "Austin's looking for you." She said when she handed me the cup of alcohol. I sniffed it, vodka and orange juice. I downed it quickly.

"Tell Austin I said go blow himself." I said finding a seat on the cramped couch. She and Emmett leaned over the back so their faces were side by side to mine.

"Do I need to take care of him for you?" Emmett asked seriously. I couldn't help but laugh. Emmett has never been in a fight in his life. He's more of a talker. Anytime some guy wants to kick his ass he talks his way out of it.

"Thanks, but no thanks, Emm." I said. "I'd hate for you to scratch your fantabulous face." I laughed. He punched me lightly in the arm.

"Hey," He said. "I'll kick some ass for one of you guys." Mel chuckled in my ear.

"More like get his kicked for one of us." I hid my laughter from Emmett. I don't want him to feel like less of a man because all of his friends know he couldn't hurt a fly.

"I'm not worried about Austin." I said. "What could he possibly do?" I asked sarcastically. The three of us laughed. "Where's Sara and Ben?" I asked after a moment.

"Oh- well their uh-" Mel stuttered. She paused for a minute.

"Theyre doing the nasty aren't they?" Emmett said wiggling his eyebrows.

"What? Sara and Ben?" I asked astonished. Mel blushed and looked away nodding. I never knew they were into each other like that. I mean I noticed a while ago that they had gotten closer, but I didn't think they were this close. Theyre complete and total opposites. The jock and the band geek. Who would have ever guessed?

"They seemed pretty interested in each other when they when up stairs." Mel grinned.

"On that note, I've got to pee." I said standing up. I walked down the hall to the bathroom thinking about Cheveyo. I wonder what that message means? How will he return? Is he going to like be reincarnated or something? I felt a hand fly over my mouth as I was pulled into a dark room. The door slammed as soon as I was in. They pushed me to the center of the room before the light came on.

"Austin, what do you want now?" I asked rolling my eyes. I can tell he's drunk. He's swaying on his feet and his eyes are unfocused.

"I want what I've tried to get for years," He growled. I flinched at his tone. "Either you give it to me, or I take it."

"Austin, you're drunk," I said. "Go home and sleep it off." He started to walk towards me. I backed up slowly.I cant believe what is going on! I ran to the left, trying to get past him. He moved as quickly as I had. I ran to the right and he did the same. He was grinning at me evily. "I see you're going to make this hard." He charged at me but some how I dodged him. I stumbled on the floor.

I ran towards the door and just as I was about to open it, he had his arms around me squeezing tightly. "Let me go!" I screamed.

"You know you want me Shawn," He said in my ear. I could smell the heavy alcohol on his breath. God this boy smells like every smelly thing you can think of put together. "Just give it to me and I'll let you go." I stomped his foot.

"I'm not giving you anything!" He turned me around and punched me in my face. It wasnt a light tap either. Everything around me is spinning and I can already feel the swelling coming on. He picked me up and threw me on the bed. I tried to back away from him but he grabbed my legs roughly and pulled me to him.

I clawed and scratched at his face, trying anything I could to get him from me. The only thing that earned me was another smack to the face. "Stop fighting!" He yelled pinning my arms above my head with one hand. Austin is twice my size, he stand a whopping 6'7 while I'm only 5'7. He's extremely strong and I don't know how much longer I can do this.

He ripped open my tank top, exposing my breast. Thank god I wore a bra tonight. He forced his lips to mine but I turned my head trying to get away from him.

'A la s di." I heard Cheveyo say in my head. For some reason I know what that word means. Fight. Since Austin is hovering over me, my feet are free. I did the only thing my mom taught about self-defense against men. I kicked him so hard in his junk he yelled and let me go to hold his very bruised member.

I used this opportunity to give him one last kick to the face. I hit him square in the nose and knocked him out. He fell backwards onto the floor with blood pooling from his obviously broken nose. A moment later, Ben, Emmett and Sara burst into the room.

"Oh my God!" She yelled as she looked over my half-naked body and swollen face. "What happened she shrieked now looking down at Austin.

"He-" I stuttered trying to hold back my tears. "He tried to rape me." I said finally letting them fall free. Sara rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

When Ben heard what happened he started to kick Austin's already unconscience body. He was screaming curse words at him. By the time Emmett pulled him off, Austin was in a lot worse shape than he was three minutes ago. I sat on the bed and I cried in Sara's shoulder.

"I wish he were here." I whispered to her. I didn't say it loud enough for the guys to because they don't know anything.

"I know Shawn." She said sadly. I know she's just trying to make me feel better. She probably thinks I'm crazy too. "Come on," She said pulling away. "We're going to get you to a doctor."

"I don't need a doctor," I said. "Ben and I did more damage to him then he did to me." I chuckled.

"Are you going to call the police?" Emm asked. I shook my head no.

"He'd be an idiot to mess with me again." I said. " He'll have a crooked nose to remind him of me eveyday." They all nodded and laughed lightly in agreement.

"Here," Ben said taking off his jacket. "You don't want to walk out of here looking like that." He pointed at my ripped shirt. I had completely forgotten about it and now I feel self-conscious. I covered my chest with my hand and grabbed the jacket and put it on quickly.

"I'm ready to go home." I mumbled. I just want to go home and sleep. I need to see Cheveyo, I heard him. I don't know if I was just thinking it but I heard him speak to me. We found Mel dancing on the floor with Asher, the emo kid who sits with is on occasion. He has multi-colored hair and six piercings in his face. He's actually pretty cool, people just don't give him a chance. Who cares if he wears eyeliner and paints his nails black? He has a big heart.

"Mel!" Sara yelled over the music. "Its time to go!" She slumped her shoulders and pouted.

"I was just starting to have fun!" She yelled back, winking at Asher. Sara motioned in my direction and Mel finally looked at me. She gasped and covered her mouth. She turned back to Asher. "I have to go," She said giving him a quick peck. "Call me!" She left him standing there looking mesmerized. I take it, that was his first kiss. Well his was better than mine, I was just forced into it about ten minutes ago.

"What happened, Shawn?" She asked when we got in the car. I told them the story. There really wasnt much to it. I went to pee, Austin pulled into the bedroom, punched me and tried to rape me. Then came the part where I hopefully broke his most prized possession, and kicked him in the face. We didn't really talk much on the way back to my house. I just wanted to take a bath and go to sleep.