Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

It's Not Your Fault

And then... Everything felt like it happened in slow motion.

A gun shot echoed in the crowded street. At that moment, my captor dropped dead to the ground. Blood spattered on the right side of my face and I full-out sobbed at the disgust and relief that resonated in my body. I felt like I was going to throw up.

My knees buckled underneath me and I fell with my captor's dead body. More sobs wracked my body and I felt strong arms lift me up and wrap around me as Liam's familiar scent engulfed my nose.

"It's going to be okay now. I'm here. I'm here. Sssh." Liam soothed and pressed kisses to my forehead every so often. "You're safe now."

And those were the last words I heard before everything went black.

***

"How is she?" An Irish-accented voice asked with a worried tone.

I opened my eyes a bit and squinted when extreme brightness welcomed them. From what I could see, I was in a hospital. The walls were plain white,  it smelled strongly of alcohol and death. Well, maybe not death...

"She's awake!" Harry exclaimed happily and went over to hug me. I carefully hugged him back since there was an IV attached to my hand.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Liam asked softly before he leaned down and planted a light kiss on my lips.

"I'll go get a doctor." Zayn piped up and exited the room.

"A little sore. Mentally and physically." I whispered.

"I'm sorry." Liam answered sadly.

"It's not your fault, Li-li." I stated and lifted my free hand up to touch his face.

"I should have gone with you."

"How did you get to the scene so quickly?" I asked curiously.

"I was following you."

"I should be angry that you were following me, but I can't be... thank you. For following me, for protecting me, for loving me..."

"These were outside the room." Louis stated as he entered the room with a huge teddy bear tucked under one arm and a boquet of, at least, 2 dozen roses in his hands.

"Who's it from?" Liam asked; his eyes narrowed down to slits. Someone's a little jealous.

"I don't know. We bought this bear for you, though." Lou answered and dropped the bear beside me then leaned down to kiss my forehead before placing the bouquet of roses in my lap.

I fumbled with it and eventually managed to pull a card out from obe side.

Dearest Princess Arabella,
I send my well-wishes to you. I hope for your speedy recovery.
Get well soon,
J. o. L.


"Who's J. o. L.?" Liam asked no one in particular. I could tell that this J. o. L. person bruised his manly ego.

"I honestly don't know. Must be an anglophile or something. Have you called my parents?" I brushed the bouquet of roses issue off; trying to change the subject.

"Yeah. I called them earlier." Liam answered softly and stroked my cheek with his fingertips. "I thought I was going to lose you."

I smiled a small smile and placed my hand on top of his, "You'll never lose me. I'm yours; mind, body, heart, and soul. I'll always be yours."

"I feel like we're intruding on a private moment." Harry whispered and nudged Louis with his elbow.

"If I may have a moment with the princess..." the doctor cut in as he an Zayn entered the room.

"I'll see you in a few minutes." Liam whispered and pressed a light kiss to my lips.

The boys all waved at me and I waved back as they went out of the room and closed the door behind them.

"Your highness, I'm doctor Luther and I'm going to ask you... have you known?" The doctor asked cryptically.

"Known what?" I asked confusedly. Dr. Luther looked at me with a solemn expression on his face.

"I'm guessing that you didn't have a clue." He trailed off cryptically.

"A clue? Clue about what!? Answer me, please?" I pleaded silently; my heart beating faster by the second.

"You were pregnant."

The words echoed in the room and bounced off the walls before hitting me square in the chest. All the blood drained from my face and my fingers started to twitch as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Was it Liam's?" I asked softly.

He nodded, "You were 3 weeks along."

Now, everything made sense. The period that I passed off as a 'late one'... wasn't really late. I was pregnant with Liam's child.

I was... pregnant.

"H-have you told him?" I asked Dr. Luther as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"No." He answered softly. I nodded and touched the non-existent bump on my stomach before sobbing quietly.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Too much stress."

"Please get Liam for me." I managed to stammer out through my sobs. Dr. Luther put a hand on my shoulder before exiting the room.

*Liam's P.O.V.*

When the doctor exited the room, he had a stony expression on his face. My initial reaction was to panic and worry about Arie. What did he say? Is she alright? My Arie... will she be fine? My poor, sweet, beautiful Arie...

"The princess would like to speak with you in private, Mr. Payne." He said seriously and I nodded.

"Is she alright?" I asked worriedly.

"She needs you now more than ever." He answered and I didn't ask more as I pushed past him to get to Arie.

When I entered the room, her heartbreaking sobs reverberated against the walls. She sat on the bed, clutching her stomach with both hands as if it was throbbing with pain.

I walked towards her and she shook her head, "I'm sorry, Liam. I didn't know... I'm so sorry."

"Sorry? For what? Arie? Answer me, please. Please..." I pleaded desperately and reached out to touch her but she moved away from my hands. I felt like I'd been slapped in the face.

"I... I had a miscarriage." She answered; her voice just above a whisper. I processed the words in my mind for a moment before I sat on the edge of the bed so that I wouldn't fall to the floor.

She continued crying and my heart stopped beating when I saw all the tear stains on the thin hospital sheets. I reached out to touch her hand and she made no motion to shake my hand off of hers.

"Did you know before today?" I asked softly.
 
She shook her head as more tears dropped down and stained the sheets.

I trailed my hand up to her chin and tilted her head up so that I could see her face. She averted her eyes from me and I felt the tears slowly roll down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry." She whispered; her voice cracking a little.

"It's not your fault, love." I reassured her before wrapping my arms around her and burying my face in the crook of her neck and shoulder before letting out loud sobs. "It's not your fault."
♠ ♠ ♠
DON'T KILL ME!

Hai, guise! Anyway... thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the comments/reviews! I was supposed to update yesterday, but my mum dragged me to a faraway mall (Paseo at Laguna) for a shopping spree. I luff all the shirts that I got! :D They didn't have 1D merch, though. :<

Now... TIME FOR MENTIONS! :D
ashleygreenethebest
Sweet.Perfection.
Caitlynnnn
LeDeuxxx


And... ooooooh... who's S. o. L.? Any guesses?