Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

Forever Indebted

"I... This... Grandmummy..." I stuttered out as my palms started sweating bullets. My heart started beating wildly in my chest and I felt like as if I would faint any second.

Maybe this was it. This would be the last time that I'm ever going to see Liam. We would be kept quite a distance apart. He and I would always be so close yet so far.

"Your majesty, this is solely my fault. Don't blame Arie." Liam piped up.

I looked up at him and subtly laced our fingers together. He gave my hand a squeeze before looking down at me. My free hand acted on its own accord and wiped the flour off of Liam's face. He whispered a quiet 'thank you' before turning to my grandmother who stood at the entryway to the kitchen.

"Josef told me that you were here. But he didn't tell me that you and Mr. Payne were... together? Does he know of this?" My grandmother's voice was eerily calm; so calm that I could feel goosebumps rise on my skin.

"He knows." I answered as I gazed into her blue eyes; the trademark Mountbatten-Windsor eyes.

"How long has this been going on?" My grandmother asked softly.

"A few days." I whispered quietly.

"And how is Josef taking all of this?" She asked pointedly.

"He knows that it will only ever be Liam and he's accepted that fact."

"Very well, then. If I may speak to both of you somewhere more private..." Grandmummy trailed off before walking towards the living room. I squeezed Liam's hand and leaned up to kiss his lips before hastening after my grandmother with him in tow.

"Sit down, sit down... I just want to have this done and over with." She said impatiently. I sat down on the love seat and Liam followed my motion; sitting down beside me, placing our entwined hands on his thigh.

"As the queen, Arabella, I would like to say that what you two are doing is a disgrace not only to me and your families, but to all of the United Kingdom. I would advise both of you to stop this shenanigan now. You are a young woman who is betrothed to the prince of another country and it is your duty, as a princess of this country, to do what is good and right for the people." She chastised, wagging her finger at both Liam and I as she sat upright on the middle of the wingback sofa.

"I'm prepared to renounce my title right this moment if it means that I could be with Liam." I stated boldly. Liam looked up in surprise but I kept my focus on my grandmother who had a small smile starting to form on her lips.

"You didn't let me finish, dearest Arabella. As the queen, I would want you to stop right now and go back to your fiancé. But as your grandmother, I would like to say that you did the right thing for yourself. You deserve your own happiness, Arabella. I do not wish for you to marry any other man that you do not love... but what must be done should be done." 

"So, let me get this straight, you want Liam and I to be together." I said softly and pursed my lips as I gazed at my grandmother.

"But," She continued.

"We can't be together. At least, not in public. It's one of the few things that I've learned from almost everyone in our family. You get caught and you'll be thrown to the wolves." I answered bitterly.

Liam frowned and squeezed my hand, "Arie,"

"Now, who else knows of this?" My grandmum asked as she motioned to Liam and I.

"Duchess Camilla, Landon and Brady, Josef, Harry, Niall, Louis, and Zayn. And now you, your majesty." Liam answered softly.

Grandmummy nodded, "I will keep this between the three of us. No one must know of this. Ever."

"But... why? I mean, why aren't you against this? Not that I want you to be against it..." I asked in a flurry; genuinely curious.

"I love you, my darling granddaughter. I think that is enough reason not to stop you from being with someone whom you truly love." She answered with an affectionate smile, "Another reason is that I've seen such a big change in you ever since you met Liam. You've become wiser and more mature."

"Oh," I whispered as a blush crawled up my cheeks.

"Thank you, Liam, for taking care of Arabella. I am forever in your debt." I think my eyes just popped out of their sockets. My grandmother was acting very humble... and, let me tell you, she does NOT do humble.

"I just want one thing, your majesty." Liam answered coolly. How he could keep calm after being thanked like that by the Queen of the United Kingdom, I will never know. If I was in his place, I'd have fainted by now.

"What is it, Mr. Payne?" Grandmummy asked curiously.

"I want the engagement to be called off." Liam answered firmly.

My grandmother smiled, "So do I, Liam. So do I. But, I shall see what I can do. Though, I am not promising anything. The people have always and will always come first."

"I understand, your majesty. Thank you." Liam whispered.

"I should get a move on. I have a meeting with parliament in an hour." She bid and got up off her seat, making Liam and I follow suit as is custom.

"Wait, grandmummy. But... why did you come here in the first place?" I asked as we walked to the front door.

"It was nice talking to both of you. I hope to see you at the palace soon, Mr. Payne." Grandmummy bid once more before turning to the door and stepping out as one of her guards opened it for her. Liam quickly stepped to the side to hide behind the door; probably to avoid beinfg photographed by a paparazzo; better safe than sorry.

Once the door was closed, I turned to  Liam, "What just happened?"

"I don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
What just happened?! D: why was Arie's grandmum there? Why was she so dodgy? What of Josef? Will Arie and Liam ever become a public couple again?

I know that Josef said that he loved another girl... but, that was just a plot twist waiting to happen. Can anyone guess what I'm going to do? ;D

Anyways, thank you soooo much for the reviews/comments. I'll try to finish the next chapter by Tuesday. :)