Status: It's on like Donkey Kong. :)

Born to Love You

It's Not a Date

"Arabella, I'm going to leave now," My mother said as she stepped into my room. I nodded and stretched my hand to my back so I could zip the zipper up; but, I failed since I couldn't even reach the bloody zipper. "Let me do that for you.

She gently took my hand and placed it down by my side before zipping the dress up.

"Your hand feels clammy," My mum stated with a light laugh which made me rub it against the hem of my dress. "Nervous?"

"Well, yeah. I mean... he's Liam Payne! The most amazing boy in the universe," I said breathlessly; just thinking about Liam made my breath hitch and my knees go weak. "And , I don't know if he wants us to be just friends or maybe something more. He broke up with his girlfriend last November... and I don't know, mum."

"Do you want to be something more with him?" My mum asked me.

"I do. I want it so bad. But, I don't want him to run away from me like the others. He makes me feel so special... and when he smiles at me... he makes my stomach do flips."

"Well, that's unlike the other emotions that you've felt for your past boyfriends. He must be really special."

"He is, mum. He really is." I answered with a sigh before turning to my mum and hugging her tightly.

"Please go easy on him. And please tell Haz to not start anything. Liam means a lot to me." I whispered before smiling and letting go of her.

"I promise, Arabella. Now, I really need to get going. I'll see you two at the track." She patted my cheek before strutting out of my bedroom.

I sighed and let out a light laugh before sitting down on the edge of my bed; patiently waiting for Liam to arrive.

Not ten minutes later, the doorbell rang again. A smile made its way to my face and I raced down the hall and down the stairs to open the door for Liam. But, sadly, Landon beat me to it. Liam was already standing in the foyer when I got off of the last step.

"Hi, Arie... you look... umm... wow. You look gorgeous." Liam stuttered as a smile graced his face. I blushed and walked towards him before wrapping my arms tightly around his torso; discreetly inhaling his wonderful scent.

"You look handsome." I admired his outfit; plain gray, quarter-sleeve button down, dark blue denim skinnies, and a pair of white converse. He looked like he'd just stepped out of a fashion magazine.

"I hope I'm not underdressed." He asked with a small pout which made him look all-the-more adorable. I smiled and shook my head before kissing his cheek.

"No. You're perfect." He blushed and smiled before leaning down to kiss the tip of my nose.

***

The cab ride to the track was filled with audible chatter which, no doubt, irritated the driver to no end. But, I didn't care about him. All my attention was solely on Liam an his perfection.

Brady and Landon flanked Liam and I as we got out of the cab; they followed the cab to ensure my safety; pretty useless if you ask me. I mean, just look at Liam! He's protection enough with that dazzling smile of his. He'll dazzle any kidnapper with that same smile that made my knees go weak.

"Alright, so, tell me more about yourself." I told Liam as I looped my arm through his. Partly because pumps and a grassy ground don't mix, and partly because I just wanted to have some kind of contact with him. He grinned and subtly laced his fingers with mine which made my heart race wildly in my chest.

"My sport is boxing. And, I was on the reserve list for the Olympics." He stated. My eyebrows shot up in surprise and then I smiled.

"That's so awesome! I wish I could be in the Olympics, too. I want to be a gymnast, but, sadly, I'm as flexible as  a lamp post." I admitted the last part bitterly.

He chuckled, "If the Olympics had horseback riding, then you'd be the star athlete."

"Awww! Thank you. But, you haven't seen me ride yet." I pointed out; ignoring the pun that I didn't intend to put in the sentence.

"Arie!" Someone yelled. I removed my gaze from Liam and they landed on a certain ginger-haired prince.

"Haz!" I greeted enthusiastically but didn't leave Liam's side. Harry, my cousin, strode towards Liam and I and grabbed me in a one-armed hug. I grinned and returned his hug before unlatching myself from him and turning to Liam.

"Haz, I'd like you to meet the very incredible Liam Payne. Liam, this is my ginger cousin, Harry." I introduced the two of them. Liam shook Harry's hand and they smiled at each other.

"You look familiar. Are you from that boy band? One Direction?" Harry asked curiously.

"That I am, your highness." Liam answered with a grin; yet, politely. I secretly relished in the fact that Haz and Liam were gonna get along greatly.

"No formalities, mate. We're all friends here." Harry answered good-naturedly. "By the way, Arie, your mum's been waiting for you."

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Down by the stalls. I need to stretch for the game. See you two later." Harry bid with a grin before kissing my cheek and patting Liam's shoulder before running off.

"Well, he's in a good mood." I stated once Harry was out of ear shot.

"Isn't he always in a good mood? Being the 'party prince' and all that? No offense," Liam asked. I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"None taken. He has a hangover, Li-li." I said quietly while grinning mischievously.

"Hats off to him, then. I didn't even notice any indication that he was out partying last night." Liam answered with a laugh which made my heart race wildly in my chest.

"The miracles of the 21st century." I said with a fake dreamy sigh which made both of us burst out laughing as we walked towards the stables. "So... about that letter..."

"Right. I almost forgot. I keep forgetting things when I'm with you; not that it's a bad thing," I blushed at that and bit my bottom lip. "I didn't send it through the post, I just left it in your mailbox since Louis drove by your house when he picked me up."

"That was sweet of you. You could have just called me, you know." I teased and bumped his hips with mine.

"Arabella!" My mother greeted and smiled at me and Liam. "You must be the infamous Liam Payne? Arabella couldn't stop talking about you."

I blushed at that and looked away from the two of them as my mother welcomed Liam to today's private Polo match.

"Arie?" Liam said softly and I blinked twice so that I could snap out of my trance. I must have been zoned out for longer than I thought.

I grinned sheepishly, "Sorry. I tend to get... distracted." Yeah. Distracted; thinking about you and your gorgeousness and the way you make my stomach do flips with just a smile. I wonder what it would be like to kiss those oh-so-kissable lips of yours?

"That's alright. Your mum already left, though. Something about the match being postponed until 9:40."

"Must be having an issue with the horses. I know a place we can hang out, though. It's only a short walk from here."

"Well, let's go, then." He answered enthusiastically before leading me out of the horse stable. I grinned and dragged him over to the tree line before parting some leaves and stepping into the small forest border that I knew so well.

Three minutes into out walk, I started whining, "I should have worn flats. This is just... Ugh! Heels and soil don't mix."

"Thanks for the advice, Einstein. I'm sure I'll use it at some point in the future," Liam answered with a laugh which made me roll my eyes. He walked towards me (he was at the lead) before turning his back to me and crouching down. "The Liam express is now fully functional."

"Are you sure, Li-li? I mean... I weigh more than a cow." I said with a light laugh.

He looked at me over his shoulder and turned to face me.

"Whoever said that to you is an absolute moron. You are beautiful, sexy, gorgeous... perfect." He whispered and placed a hand on my cheek. I blushed madly and bit my bottom lip as I waited in anticipation for his lips to come crashing down on mine.

"You really think so?" I asked shyly.

"I know so, Arie." Liam answered before gently pecking my lips. Tingles shot down my spine and I wanted to melt into a puddle of goo then and there. And then, when I thought it couldn't get any better, Liam leaned down again and pressed his lips to mine in a very passionate lip lock which made my knees buckle. Luckily, he wrapped an arm around my waist at the perfect time, so I didn't fall. My hands made their way up to his chest and one strayed from that place and up to the back of Liam's neck where it caressed the smooth, exposed skin with its fingertips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Arie's Outfit

Hi guys!

My special people:
xomrsmalikxo
dj tommo
hi.my.name.is.steph.
wowlikewoah
Dance.Dance.Dance


My songspiration for this chapter: Just a Step Away by Carly Rae Jepsen :)

Comments = ❤