Met you in Silver oak

Chapter 1

6 in the morning. I wake up. Go to the bathroom. Brush my teeth. Take a shower. Get dressed up for school. My mum calls me down for breakfast. I hurry downstairs still combing my hair. I pull it up to make a nice high pony. I knew it wouldn't last till the end of the school. My hair was too stubborn to stay neat and tidy. Sigh.

"Morning mum" I said as I sat beside my younger brother who was already finished with his cereal.
"Morning, I've made omelet for you" she said "Oh, and I have news for you."
"Yeah, what is it?" I said not in the least interested, what could it be? Your Grandma called! Your uncle called! Remember the funny woman you met that day? Mrs. Griggori, She called!

But the news wasn't any of that. It was something that would change my life. My ordinary boring sucky life.

"I and your dad have decided to send you the Silver Oak Boarding School in George Island. I know the decision is very sudden and you have all the right to be mad but you got to understand ....." Mom continued, but it didn’t matter, I was going to THE Silver Oak Boarding School. The coolest place on the Earth! oh my. Along with academically very well known, it is also known for ---the extremely hot guys. And girls also, maybe. How would I know? I’m not---Gosh my inner babbling doesn’t stop. It’s like two mini -me are actually having a weird conversation.

“Mom! I’m ready”
“Wow, really? I mean I thought –“
“I’m 15 I can take good care of myself mum!”
She nodded like she’s heard that a million times. I continued “But am I not getting into that school a little too easily?”
My brother, now finished with his milk too, “Yeah all that hard work talk aint going to work”
I gave him the oh please look.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I came back from the only decent school in the area, Johnville School. I found my dad reading a newspaper; I asked him about Silver oak school and other basic things-to-know. He told me that I’d be going there next month and also that he’ll miss me. He also told me why he was sending me there. Because the school had the best combination of academics and activities. Obviously what every parent wanted. Me? I just wanted to get out of the school and the place I’d spent my 15 years in. Yes, I wanted a fresh, a new start. Of course I knew the first few days or weeks or even months would be tough. But anything, ANYTHING was better than rotting in Johnville.

The ‘month’ was already over. I was going to Silver Oak Boarding School tomorrow. Gosh I’ll miss my mum and dad and Brother. Mind you only and only them.

The next morning I was so nervous that I couldn’t feel my body. The butterflies in my stomach were now spreading across my whole body. This was it. I was going to leave my family for, maybe more than three years. That is, if, I decide to attend the Silver Oak college too.

I hugged my brother real tight. I whispered “I’ll miss you”. He mumbled back “I’ll miss you too, sis”Pffft. What’s up with kids these days? ‘Sis’? So if ‘mum’ becomes ‘mummy’ then ‘sis’ becomes ‘sissy’? I laughed inside my head. Megan, shut up.

Then I hugged and kissed my mum whose eyes were now filling up with tears. I was pretty sure she’ll make me cry too. So I hugged her for minutes breathing n her homely scent.

I sat in the front seat of my dad’s car. I waved my loving mother and understanding brother byes and left for the airport.

I turned around and looked behind my seat to find my only luggage resting.
“Don’t worry that place is so modern and rich, they’ll probably have a mall inside the school too” Dad said. Kidding or not kidding? I’ll know later.

“Um-m, oka-y, so here we go” I was shivering partly because I was nervous that I was travelling alone and partly because of the fake chill air you found in any airport.
“My darling daughter, you’re going to travel alone!” Dad said proudly and then he added “Do you remember everything I told you and taught you in your 14 years?”
“First of all I’M 15” I said. Why don’t dads remember these things? “Second, yep I do” I grimaced. He wasn’t helping.

I hugged him and told him I’ll call after I reach. Then he let go of me. That moment was so unique. Like. DAMN, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH; I’LL MISS YOU SO MUCH. My eyes went blur with the sudden rise of salt water.
“Bye dad, love you”
“Love you, Megan”

The flight was actually really comfy. The air-hostess was not surprisingly very Barbie-ish. Gosh, I would never want to be an air-hostess. Too much fakeness. Who can spend half of their day smiling?
Also I didn’t puke yet, wow. So, NO air-sickness. Check.
♠ ♠ ♠
How does Silver Oak School look like? Does Megan like it? Or does she regret coming here? Who's her roommate?Any hot guys available? Find out in the next chapters!

YES THIS IS MY VERY FIRST BOOK! All comments are welcome. Hope you guys like it!