Status: Active- Please comment!

Stay With Me

The Tables Turn

Months passed and before Ellie and Jordan knew it, it was Christmas time. Otherwise known as the anniversary of Jordan admitting he had cheated. Though that detail hadn't even crossed their minds. Jordan and Ellie were focusing more on communicating and working on their relationship. They were also working on making plans for Christmas. The 22nd to early the 24th of December would be spent in Pittsburgh and then they were on a flight to Thunder Bay for the 24th until the 27th.

Ellie laid in their bed, covered up nice and tight. She watched as Jordan straightened his tie and fixed his belt.

"You look really good, doll." Ellie smiled, nestling down into the bed a little more.

"Thanks, baby." Jordan smiled, turning around. He knelt down at the edge of the bed and stroked her hair. "I'm sorry you can't come tonight. I know you were looking forward to this."

"Stupid flu season," Ellie mumbled.

Jordan laughed softly and gave her still warm forehead a small kiss.

Tonight was a Christmas party for the Penguins organization. It was a big deal and Ellie had really wanted to go, but came down with a sickness a few days before and hadn't recovered enough to go.

"I just hope I can lay low enough tonight so nobody asks me about where my fiancé is and when we plan on getting married," Jordan sighed.

"Well, Sid and Tess will probably be there. So maybe they'll steal the show and take the limelight off of us," Ellie smiled. "Everyone can drive Tess crazy with their questions and suggestions about her wedding."

Since their talk Jordan and Ellie had made absolutely no plans to get married. They scraped everything they had initially thought up and decided not to think of anything else until they were positive they were ready to be husband and wife. That didn't mean people weren't asking. Every time someone ran into Jordan or Ellie they would ask them about the wedding. Their response was almost routine now.

"We've actually just decided to stay engaged for a while. Take things slow, communicate more. We're in no rush!"

Tonight Jordan had to work twice as hard answering where Ellie was and why they weren't getting hitched within the next year. Jordan was hoping to give his usual answer along with saying that Ellie was home sick and to go ask Sidney about his wedding plans.

"What are you going to do tonight?" Jordan asked.

"Watch Desperate Housewives and drink tea, of course." Ellie smiled.

"Of course you are," Jordan laughed.

Jordan stood up once more and walked to the bathroom to finish getting ready. He slipped out of the second door of the bathroom, into the hallway and downstairs. He put Ellie's kettle on and fixed her up some food. Soup, crackers, etc.

"Okay, baby. I'm heading out now," Jordan stated, placing the tray down on the bedside table.

"Jordan," Ellie smiled. "All for me?"

"All for you," Jordan laughed. "You need to eat something, baby. You've been living off of water and juice for days."

"I'll try," Ellie smiled.

Jordan gave her forehead a small kiss and then headed for the door. Jordan didn't want to be going to this party alone, but he had to go and there was no other choice.

The whole night Jordan laid low and tried to avoid people asking him questions about his and Ellie's engagement. A few people asked, but definitely not as many as he had anticipated. He was thankful, especially when an exhausted looking Sidney Crosby came over to him.

"If I have to answer one more question involving Tess and her wedding gown I'm going to burn this place to the ground," Sidney mumbled.

Jordan laughed and gave his friend a slap on the back. "That's what happens when you get engaged, my friend!"

"Speaking of, where's Ellie?"

"Home sick!" Jordan nodded. "Poor girl came down with it a few days ago and just can't get over it."

"I hope she's okay," Sidney stated. "I haven't talked to her in a while."

"Yeah, she's good!" Jordan nodded. "How is Tess?"

"She's great," Sidney nodded, looking around the room. "She's really coming into her own with planning this wedding. She was born to do it."

"That's good," Jordan nodded, not really caring. He was just saying it to be nice.

Jordan and Sidney were back to being friends. They had talked it out one day and Jordan realized how silly he and Ellie had been, so he and Sidney made amends. That didn't change the fact that they were uncomfortable with this pairing, but they knew it wasn't their choice so they went with it.

Jordan noticed how Sidney was acting. He kept looking around the room and shifting from foot to foot. He kept looking at Jordan like he needed to say something, but would look back at his shoes every time he went to open his mouth. Jordan brushed it off as Sidney being Sidney, and that he was overwhelmed by the wedding and all the questions.

"Think I could slip out without anyone noticing?" Jordan mumbled, looking around himself.

"I think so," Sidney nodded. "It's thinned out pretty good now. Go home and see Ellie. Give her my best, okay?"

Jordan nodded and then decided to ask the question he had been wondering all night.

"Are you okay, man?" Jordan asked. "You seem jittery."

"I have something to tell you and you can't tell anyone. Not even Ellie," Sidney sighed, finally caving.

"Okay," Jordan nodded, though he knew he would probably end up telling Ellie eventually.

"I cheated on Tess," Sidney whispered.

Jordan stared at Sidney in shock and awe. He couldn't believe the words that had just come out of his mouth. Last year Jordan was killing himself trying to find a way to tell Ellie he had cheated, now they were perfect, engaged and never happier. Now the couple that seemed to have it all, were about to fall apart. Sidney Crosby had cheated on Tess Stewart.
♠ ♠ ♠
My internet hates when I try to write about the Staals. It gave out again when I was writing this. UGH.

So who's all heard the news about Jordan turning down a ten year deal with the Pens? That certainly got my heart racing! What do you all think will happen? Do you think Jordan will stay a Penguin? Or do you think we've lost him?

Anyways, thank you for your feedback and such so far! Please keep it up! I love hearing from you all! You want drama? Oh, I gave you drama.