Shipwrecked

Meeting.

School had been out for a few weeks and still Markus and I were trying to get rid of the crap we'd accumulated over the school year. Useless things such as lamps, sheets, random clothing items, and pretty much anything else we wanted to replace in the new year. After all, if we hadn't trashed anything, there wouldn't be any reason to enjoy tax free weekend before school came back around. And come on, who doesn't enjoy tax free weekend?

"Hey, Colt?" Markus asked from the other side of his garage where he was going through a box of clothes.

"Yeah, man?" I replied, not taking my eyes off the box of miscellaneous materials in front of me.

"What the hell is this?"

I looked over at the blonde, and when I saw what he was holding in his hands, I laughed. And I don't mean chuckling, or giggling. I mean full out, rolling on the floor type laughing. The boy was holding a book, but not just any book. One of the books that were made to tell about sex in an artsy fashion. And not that was any problem, however, it belonged to me. And with that being said, and with me being gay, it obviously had been a book about detailed gay sex he came upon. Since Markus is rather really, really straight, it's hilarious to see his eyes widened in fear as he reads through it.

"What does it look like, ding-dong?" I laughed again, walking over and snatching the book from his palms.

"Is that... Oh, God. Bro. Just never, never let me stumble across that again!"

I shrugged, going back to my side of the garage with the book in hand. It's not my fault he happened to come across it. I've seen and encountered worse from him. Like that one time I caught him fucking my sister on my bathroom counter. That was just, no. So much more than a best friend and younger brother need to see. I get that he and my sister were and still are a perfect a match for each other, but come on. On the bathroom counter? I brushed my teeth in there!

"Yeah, well. I can't make any promises. Plus, let's not ignore how scarred I am from walking in on you and Lisa a million and a half times."

Markus just shrugged, going back to sifting through his box and I through mine. We still had a lot to do, and by the look of it, it was going to take us another two weeks if we didn't hurry up and get serious.

++++++++++

Three hours later and it was around three in the after noon. In that short lapse of time, Markus and I had done a fair amount of work. Surprisingly, we actually buckled down and got to business. And I was happy for that. No one wants to spend a whole month of their summer break unpacking old school stuff. And I do mean no one.

"Markus! Colton!" Markus' mother called from the doorway. "Come on inside. I've got some news for you two."

Groaning, we both shuffled into the house, taking a seat at the island in the kitchen. Noticing that there were mini subs and soda waiting for us, are bad moods instantly faded and we dug into the awaiting snacks. Mrs. Hansen was a nice woman, for the most part. I had seen some of Markus' beatings as a child, and that was the only thing that kept her from being absolutely flawless in my eyes.

"So," Markus started, taking another bite of his food. "What did you wanna tell us?"

Mrs. Hansen just cocked an eyebrow at her son, most likely refraining from having to reprimand him for talking with his mouth full. "Well, since you've reminded me. We have a visitor coming over tomorrow and he's going to be staying with us for a while."

I nearly choked on my food. "A visitor? Like, fostering?"

"No, Colton. He's actually a cousin of Mark's. From his father's side."

Markus looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "A cousin? But I thought dad was an only child. So unless he has some estranged family, I'm not buying this bullshit."

"Watch your mouth in my home, Joshua," his mother belted, using his real name. "The details of this are really long and drawn out and when your father gets home, he'll explain to you both. But for right now, all you need to know is that we are going to have a third boy in this house and you two better make him feel welcome. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a class to attend."

And with that, she turned and filed out of the kitchen, leaving Mark and I to our own devices.

++++++++++

The next day came sooner than we expected. Markus and I were still weary of the new "visitor" that was coming. As we waited on the front porch for him, I half expected it to be a small child, which would explain why his mother advised us to make him feel welcome. It made sense and I could see why a younger child maybe intimidated by two nearly twenty-two year olds. But part of my hoped that it was someone our age, someone we could party and waste the summer away with. Either way, I would abide by Mrs. Hansen's rules and promptly make the boy feel just as at home as she made me feel.

After about a thirty minute wait, a small, green sedan pulled into the driveway. Mrs. Hansen was the first one off the porch, running down the small walkway to greet the new arrivals. The driver killed the engine, and a petite woman who looked to be in her mid-thirties came out from the driver's side.

"Boys! Come down here!" Mrs. Hansen yelled to her son and I, and we trailed down to meet her. "Colton, Markus, this Claudia. Claudia, this is my son, Markus and his best friend Colton."

"It's nice to meet you both," the petite brunette replied. "I'm sure Davey will be elated to know that you two are going to be here with him. But speaking of Davey," She trailed off, turning to the car and motioning for whoever was in the passenger side to come out, "He should come out and say hello."

I waited patiently, almost holding my breath when the door began to open. The windows on the sedan were tinted pretty dark, so I was unable to have any hint as to whether or not either of my expectations were correct. But I do know that when the kid emerged fully from car, shutting the door behind him, I was captivated instantly. He had these wide and large, expressive brown eyes, dark hair and skin a color of almost sepia. I wondered how he and Mark could possibly be related, seeing as Mark was the complete opposite of this boy, with wild, beach blond hair and blue eyes. But all coherent thought was lost the minute the boy walked over and extended his hand to us.

"Hi," he said, plump lips giving way to a beautiful smile. "I'm Davien, but you can call me Davey."

Davey, I thought, such a simple name for such an exquisite looking creature.

"Hey, I'm Markus. You can call me Mark if you'd like. And this loser over here is Colton, but unless you're my mom, he goes by Colt."

Davey must have found what Markus told him funny, because all of a sudden my ears were graced with a sound I could only compare to angels singing. His cheeks were dusted pink as he chuckled, bright white teeth peeking from behind his lips. I watched him in awe, staring at him as he gave me a good look over, his eyes trailing the full length of my body. I couldn't help but feel naked under his gaze, almost blushing as I watched a smirk tug at the corner of his lips.

I remember listening to Mrs. Hansen say how we all needed to go inside to get acquainted with one another. Although, I really didn't pay much attention to anything. Not with the gorgeous dark-skinned boy in front of me. And as I walked through the front door to the house, nearly tripping over my feet, Davey turned around and steadied me, brown eyes once again catching my golden ones. I felt like he was gazing into my soul and I had to look away. I mean, I barely knew the boy for fifteen minutes and I already was acting like a lovestruck puppy.

Fuck, is there even such a thing as love at first sight?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, Okay, I know. WAY OVER DUE. But honestly, being in the military and trying to keep up with my stories in not an easy task. And I'm sorry if this is sort of rough. I have a lot of stuff in mind for this story and it may take a few confusing chapters for it to start rolling in the direction that it needs to be. Also, this is unedited, so there probably will be mistakes. Feel free to point them out.

And if you haven't picked up on it already, Colton lives with the Hansens. And all that will be explained later. As well as the whole situation with Davien. Just, bear with me for a while, okay?

PS. I have a big certification test tomorrow. Wish me luck?

P.P.S. I graduate from Phase II training in two weeks. So in the words of Madea: HALLELUJEERRRRRR. (Only people who watch the Tyler Perry movies will get that reference)