Status: Active. R-rated, just to be on the safe side, but Seth is so innocent really and I'd like to keep him that way.

Over My Dead Body

6 Weeks

SETH.

It was everything that I'd seen, heard and felt through the minds of my pack brothers and so much more. I saw what had happened when my Alpha had imprinted and it was a similiar situation...

Everyone except for my sister and I had seen her and I wondered why the hell we had left it so long. Leah (my elder sister and a shifter, like me) drove us over to Paul and Rachel's (another shifter and his human imprintee -- soul mate and also one of my Alpha's elder twin sisters) place on the other side of the reservation to see the first new pink bundle of joy.

It wasn't long until it actually happened -- Leah parked up and we both hopped out. I went to knock, but Paul had obviously either sensed we were here or heard the engine and had opened his front door just as I touched the wood.

"About time." He said, grinning excitedly as he let us in, shutting the door quietly behind us. "Baby's sleeping, so keep it low." He informed, his own tone low.

Leah and I nodded and then followed him through to the living room where Rachel was sat on the couch, craddling a small pink bundle of blankets.

As Leah tip-toed over to the couch and sat down next to her to get a better look, I suddenly began to feel little bubbles of excitement floating in the pit of my stomach. I didn't know if it had anything to do with the baby hidden in the warmth of her blankets, but I was very intrigued to find out.

"Ohhh, Seth, she's so cute!" Leah gushed quietly, smiling softly down at the baby "She's cuter than even you were! And he was a cute baby." She said that last part to Rachel, who chuckled, shaking her head.

I couldn't help, but scowl at her words. "I'm still cute. Paul --"

"I'm not gay." He said, cutting me off right away.

"No way is your kid cuter than me." I said with a childish huff, though clearly joking around.

Rachel frowned suddenly and that's when I heard the tiny little heart in her arms begin to beat a little faster. "She's waking up. I only just got her down. She normally stays down for at least a couple of hours."

For some reason, this made me frown slightly and I found myself stepping a little closer to get a better look and that's exactly when it happened.

"She likes the sound of Seth's voice." Leah said something, but I couldn't really hear anything past my pulse ringing in my ears.

I looked down just as her tiny eyelids opened up to reveal the most beautiful bright little chocolate brown orbs that I'd ever seen. The wind literally being knocked out of me, I quickly felt my legs follow as I slowly sank to my knees, though my eyes were still lost in hers... My imprintee. I finally found her. Even if she was a baby and didn't understand anything, I'd still found her. My little baby. The little baby that I would protect and love as my own child. I guess I can understand why babies are so special now...

"Oh, you gotta be kiddin' me! Seth! Come on, man!" I could faintly hear Paul in the background and I could probably take a guess on his reaction, but I really didn't care.

Suddenly all I could her was her tiny little heartbeat; slow and calm as she stared up at me with a similar expression. I felt my lips slowly curl, but I didn't know if I was actually smiling. I hope I was, but I was just so lost and then found again all at once. It was breath-taking and I was speechless.

"Did your brother just imprint on my baby girl? She's 6 weeks old." Rachel asked and then stated a little too calmly as I finally began to collect myself. I was listening, but I was still silently lost in my baby girl's adorable little chocolate button gaze as she seemed to stare at me with intrigue.

"Thank the spirits it was Seth." Rachel suddenly stated, earning a chuckle from Leah.

"Are you serious?" Paul asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Think about it this way; would you rather our daughter grow up, date guys that will eventually screw her over, resulting in me chaining you up each time for trying to commit murder or would you rather know that her soul mate will always be there for her, whatever she needs?" Rachel asked, making it sound so simple, but I did begin to wonder. After all, nothing is ever simple when you're a freak of nature. Don't get me wrong though, I do like and except what I am, which is more than most of the others can say.

Paul sighed loudly, sounding defeated, though I knew it wasn't, because he agreed entirely, if at all, but for the sake of Rachel. Then again, he knew what it was like to imprint. Surely he understood. Though, this was Paul, the hot head, so then again...

"It's not so bad." Leah said. "You can't say that Seth isn't a good guy."

"Yeah, yeah." Paul huffed. "Whatever, but I'm still annoyed."

Rachel chuckled. "You're always annoyed, my darling other half."

"Can I hold her?" I didn't know how I'd managed it, but I'd finally asked the question I'd been dying to ask for the last, I don't really know how long.

"Of course you can." Rachel said and I could hear the smile in her voice as she leaned forward and held the small bundle out to me.

I sat still on the rug at Rachel's feet and carely reached out, slowly taking my little angel. With one hand cupping the back of her tiny head and the other being just about big enough to lay her entire back on, I pulled her close to my warmth, holding her gently against my chest. I stared down at her as she stared up at me. I don't know how long we were there for, but as the world moved without me now, I just sat there calmly, letting my angel hold me in place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, pleeeeeeease?
-- Zya here.