Status: hope ya enjoy

What If?

Never Would Have Thought

I never would have thought my life would ever come to this. I used to be an honor roll student, an amazing friend, and a good girl. That changed a lot when I hit ninth grade. That was the year that I smoked my first cigarette but it wasn’t my last. It was also the first time I had ever drank alcohol and also the only time, at a friend’s house. My grades slipped and I kind of withdrew myself from certain people. It’s not that I was pressured into any of these things. I made the choice. Who knew it would change my life forever. When I got into tenth grade, I kind of became really careless and started misusing painkillers. I would go into cabinets when my parents weren’t home and take as many pain relievers I could. I usually took only enough to make me really tired but never enough to kill myself. I started smoking a second time at the end of tenth grade with two girls on my softball team. I never really understand why athletes abuse their bodies with drugs? I only did it because it got my mind off of other things going on in my life. I did it because I am stupid. I don’t smoke now, it slowed me down during sports and I always had to watch my back to make sure my parents never caught me. They never did and I hope they will never find out that I used too.