Status: Tell what you think :)

Forever Yours

Run away, cross the line with you first

Image
I still dreamt of John last night. This time we were in Kennedy’s engagement dinner and we were dancing. We were happy. We kissed when ‘Into Your Arms’ started playing and he made go in a twirl while he laughed. It seemed so real, when suddenly I just woke up.

I shake my head and got up. Like every morning, I should be eating frozen food and all that, but last night I promised Arianna that we’d hang out whole day today.

“We need some catching up to do bitch. A whole lot of catching up” She told me last night, exaggerating a bit. “And besides, I miss my best friend.”

Well I couldn’t really say no, right? I’ve been out of her life for six months. And that’s already saying something. So, there I was taking a bath and changing on casual clothes, forcing myself to do every single thing.

It’s hard for me to talk to go out my house two days in a row now. But I have to. I know John would’ve loved for me and Arianna to talk about stuff. And I know he’d hate me if I’d still be moping around the house all the time. “You’re such a sloth. Go out and have some fun.” I could almost imagine him say that, with that raspy voice of his all high and hyper.

At this point, I was trying hard not to cry. So I decided to just leave and not be alone for once already. I needed someone to keep me company.

--*--


“You’re late.” Arianna greeted me, right after she answered her door.

I raise both my shoulders. “Guilty as charged.”

She laughs and gestured me to go in. I hug her and then went in the Brock’s residence. “It still looks the same. Nothing’s changed.” I say, scanning the room. “Eh, except for that cabinet full of dresses.” I noticed, making Arianna giggle.

“Ahh. I see you’ve seen my stock.” She laughs more.

Arianna and I talked about a lot of stuff. She talked about how everything was for her during those six months. She told me that she was really worried about me being depressed and all. But Kennedy kept her company and became her rock.

Kennedy proposed to her when she was sleeping. She thought it was dream but when she opened her eyes, Kennedy was really there, putting a ring on her.

“I literally had to slap myself twice, just to make sure I was awake!” she said, throwing her hands up, laughing like she’s so in love. Well, she is. She really is in love. “Aww man, I just love him to death Les.” She says.

I smile. “That’s great Ari.” I tell her, “I’m glad you’re happy.”

She looks at me genuinely. “All thanks to you and John, I found the one thing that gave me a reason to live.”

I forcibly grin as she started to give out a worried face. I think she noticed she mentioned John. It did sting me a bit hearing his name again. But I had to be strong. Have to. “I bet he’s proud of himself up there,” I say, referring to John.

She smiles, making her worry fade away. “Yeah, I bet he is.”

I hugged her and she hugged me back. I missed my best friend. I regret rejecting all her phone calls and text messages. I knew she just wanted to comfort me but I don’t know what made me ignore every single one. A pang of guilt hits me and it hurt.

Ding dong.

“Oh.” Arianna jumps up. “I didn’t invite any guests over. I wonder who this could be.” She said, walking up to the door.

I sip my lemonade and leaned on the couch. I stared at Kennedy’s house. The four walls looked the same; it still had pictures The Maine and other bands. Kennedy’s family picture also hangs on them. And the china plates are still places on the same cabinet. Nothing much had changed.

“Is Kennedy home?” I could hear the visitor say. The voice was familiar; I just can’t point out who it was or where I heard it from. “He asked to come over.”

“Oh yeah.” Ari replied. “I forgot. C’mon in.”

I tilted my head towards the door. A lanky figure walked in. He was wearing skinny jeans with a red shirt on top. He had a beanie on making his hair look tidier than it actually is. He sees me and smiles light-heartedly. “It’s you again.”

I smile back. “It’s me again.”

Arianna looked at both of us and furrowed her eyebrows, “You guys know each other?”

“We just met, really.” Joel answered, taking a seat beside me. “Last night at the dinner.”
Arianna made an ‘o’ with her lips while nodding her head, as she closed the door. “I’ll just get snacks for Joel okay? You guys keep each other company.”

When Arianna left, I wasn’t planning on talking to him, since there’s nothing else to say. I didn’t think he planned on talking to me either, when suddenly, “So, are you going anywhere this afternoon?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment guys. I'm sorry for the short chapter. :)