Status: Active!

Just So You Know

My Cover Girl

I let out a groan as I woke up late Monday morning. I was so exhausted! Opening night of the play was crazy and fun and then we had two performances yesterday and I’m just super tired. I’m glad I get this opportunity though. It’s such a huge theatre and so many people see the plays at the LA Theatre and it’s just been my dream to be in a play there, let alone the lead in their musical.

I then remembered that today the review of the play came out! I raced downstairs and found my newspaper, my eyes quickly scanning over the column. The first paragraphed raved about Michael who played Aladdin but the next one was about me.

”The unknown actress Kirsten Rodgers plays the part of Jasmine and everyone knew they were taking a risk, using an unknown but now it is apparent that risk didn’t pay off. She didn’t have star power and was overtaken by the immenseness of the stage that seemed to eat her up. Her soft voice barely carried past the first few rows and Miss Rodgers could use some acting lessons.”

As I finished the article, a few of the words started to blend together as my tears stained the paper. I was so upset and I had to talk to someone so I hopped in my car and started driving. I was thinking I should go talk to Jake but…I didn’t and soon my car ended up at Kendall’s house.

“Kendall, are you home?” I asked, knocking on the door.

“Yeah, come in,” I heard his voice call out.

I walked in and found him making something to eat in the kitchen, but he dropped what he was doing when he saw me. Kendall hurried over and wrapped his arms around me, stroking my hair as I bawled into his chest.

“Shh, it’s okay. I’m here, I got you, it’s okay,” He whispered into my ear.

We stood there in the kitchen for a while until my tears slowed down. Kendall led me to the couch and held me close to him as he asked what was wrong.

“Read this,” I sniffled, handing him the article.

“This is stupid, they don’t know what they’re talking about,” He threw the article on the floor. “You were amazing and they just need someone to pick on because they’re jerks. C’mon, everyone knows you’re amazing.”

“They don’t,” I started to cry again.

“Aw, Kirstie,” Kendall cooed, holding me close again. “C’mon sweetheart, you wouldn’t have gotten the part if you weren’t good and you deserve this.”

“Not if I’m bad though,” I kept saying.

He suddenly got up and ran upstairs. I was confused at first until he returned with a guitar and he pulled me close to him before he started playing.

”I don't know why you always get so insecure
I wish you could see what I see when you're looking in the mirror
And why won't you believe me when I say
That to me you get more beautiful, everyday

When you're looking at the magazines
And thinking that you'll never measure up
You're wrong

Cause you're my cover, cover girl
I think you're a superstar, yeah you are
Why don't you know
Yeah, you're so pretty that it hurts
It's what's underneath your skin
The beauty that shines within
You're the only one that rocks my world
My cover girl
Oh, my cover girl

Got a heart of gold, a perfect original
Wish you would stop being so hard on yourself for a while
And when I see that face
I'd try a thousand ways
I would do anything to make you smile

Cause you're my cover, cover girl
I think you're a superstar, yeah you are
Why don't you know
Yeah, you're so pretty that it hurts
It's what's underneath your skin
The beauty that shines within
You're the only one that rocks my world
My cover girl
Oh woah oh oh oh, my cover girl
Oh woah oh oh oh, my cover girl.”


I cuddled up in his arms and let all my sadness fade away. I don’t know how Kendall can make me feel so much better when I feel so awful but he can
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?????