Status: first story, so try to go easy on me, please.

Stay Positive.

The Proposal.

Damon woke up the next morning with a start, the pounding in his head making it almost unbearable to even move a fraction of an inch from his bed. He slowly sat up, rubbing his green eyes and taking a deep breath. He sat there for a few moments, his head comfortably resting on his hands. He hadn't even noticed that he was dozing off until his puppy shot from the bed, a high-pitched, ear ripping bark following her down the hall.

He would've yelled at her if he could take another blow to his eardrums.

Taking one last deep breath, Damon dragged himself out of bed, his bare feet making relatively no sound as he padded across the hardwood floors. It took him twice as long to maneuver his way to the front door than it usually did.

When he finally made it to the door, Damon flinched at the sudden sunlight streaming through the small window. When his eyes adjusted, he took the business card from the night before, reading it over. He took his phone out of his pocket - he had been too tired to change the night before -and entered her cell phone number.

Closing the door, he shot his puppy a glare when she barked one last time. She immediately stopped, sitting and looking up at him. Once a small smile cracked on his face, she began to wag her tail. As Damon reached out to pet her, she got up and pranced towards the kitchen. "Someone's sassy today, aren't we?" Damon said, grinning as he chuckled.

He walked to the kitchen after his puppy, seeing her laying on the tile, lazily sticking her snout into her food bowl. "Spill on my floor and you're cleaning it up," Damon warned her, and she just pricked her ears in response. Turning towards the fridge, he pulled out a water bottle and took a sip before the puppy burrowed in between his ankles. He looked down at her, seeing her squished face plastered to the floor and her bright eyes looking up at him. He stared at her, dumbfounded, before he laughed and shook his head. "You're.. I don't even know what goes through your head half the time, little girl," He said, stepping away from her before he turned around, crouching down and scratching behind her ears. She jumped up, licking him straight on the nose. He laughed once again, gently pushing her down and standing up, wiping his nose as he pulled out his phone.

He needed to get his car, and he didn't know anyone that would be willing to take him but Jordan. He didn't even know if she would. He dialed her number and put the phone to his ear, hoping she would pick up.

After about three rings she answered. "Hello?"

A relieved smile spread across his face. "Hey Jordan. It's Damon. Um.. how are you?"

She was silent for a few seconds, as if she was trying to dissect the conversation before it even happened. "Good..." She murmured.

His hopes began to slowly decline. "Um, that's good.." He murmured, scratching his head as he began to involuntarily pace. "So, I know it's kind of early - "

"Damon, it's noon." He heard a muffled laugh; like she had covered the speaker.

He smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, well, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me get this whole car situation taken care of."

"Oh, sure. I'll be over in about five minutes."

Once Jordan arrived, Damon had showered, changed, and made sure he looked at least slightly presentable. He climbed into the car after grabbing his keys, his puppy in his hands. She glanced at the small brown dog before she pulled away from the curb. He gave an apologetic smile. "She's only about eight weeks old. She would destroy my house if I left her alone."

Jordan nodded in understanding.

Damon nodded as well before turning and looking out the window, pulling the puppy back as she attempted to climb out of his arms, across the console and into Jordan's lap. After she attempted another few times, she gave up and curled up in Damon's lap.

They arrived at the gas station and, sure enough, his Mustang was still there. When he got out and walked over to the car, the gas station's owner almost immediately walked over.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" He shouted, his plump face blazing with rage.

Damon blinked once, staring at the short, balding man before him. "I... I..." He stuttered, just as Jordan walked over, the puppy in her arms.

"Do you have a problem, sir?"

The man looked at her, still enraged. "This isn't your business. Get your pretty little ass back to your car and let us settle this ourselves."

That wasn't going to go well with Jordan. "My pretty little ass thinks that you need to leave him alone before he kicks your own short, fat ass."

Damon blinked. For one thing, it was surprising seeing Jordan lash out like that. Sure, he hadn't even known her for a day, but it was still shocking. For another, she was picking a fight that Damon couldn't win. And that terrified him, to say the least.

The man stared at her, looking as though he had his tongue tied. Apparently the big bad gas station owner wasn't as big and bad as he had seemed. He didn't even challenge the fact that Jordan had said that Damon could kick his ass. Which was relieving, but also surprising.

Without a word, the undersized man turned and walked back into the convenience store. Damon was left standing there, staring at Jordan in shock.

She looked at him and rolled her eyes, grinning as she ruffled his hair. "If you weren't going to stick up for yourself, someone had to," she said before turning and walking back towards her car. Before she got in, she looked back at him. "Oh, and by the way, you should just call a tow truck."

Damon stood there, staring at his car and mentally kicking himself. He just made himself look like a complete idiot. Not only did he have to have her stand up for him, he was too stupid to think about calling a tow truck. He took a deep breath, turning on his heel and walking back to join Jordan and the small puppy in the car.

He sat, pulling out his phone and calling a tow truck. When he was finished with the call, he looked up at the ceiling, his head pressed against the head rest. He didn't even care when his puppy climbed over, placed her paws on his chest, and began to lick his chin.

"So, how about a date?"

Damon gently pushed his puppy down to look at Jordan. "Wait.. what?"

She was smirking at him. "A date. Me and you."

He looked at her for a few seconds, processing that idea, before he slowly nodded. "Okay."

She grinned, nodding and starting the car. "Great. Tomorrow night, my place. Bring the little angel if you want," she said as she reached over and scratched the puppy's chin.

Damon just looked at her, not even realizing that he had a huge, goofy grin plastered onto his face.

He just got a date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for your comments :D I got on and I saw how many comments I'd gotten and it literally made my entire week. Thank you so much!
I'm also relieved that so many of you enjoyed how I started off sort of slow. I thought it was going to be too boring; but I'm glad that it's enjoyable.
And I know that this chapter is kind of long - I just didn't want to split it up into two. I hope you enjoyed it, still!
Image