Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Kakuzu isn’t thinking about money?

Kakuzu was always thinking about money. There wasn’t a moment in his life when he wanted anything else. For some reason when he went to the library to check out a book on accounting he wasn’t thinking about money. Instead he was staring at someone.

A pretty girl to be exact, his mouth was hanging out and he couldn’t take his eyes off her. She was looking at a book, her eyes completely lost in it. Her hair was done up in two buns and she was wearing a light pink shirt. Kakuzu didn’t know why he was so captivated with this girl.

No one had ever taken his mind off of money. It was a phenomenon. He felt nervous and was shaken up like never before. He didn’t even know why. He just knew he felt weak in his knees. He knew he had to talk to her and find out who she was. He had never seen her before but she looked like a High school student. Kakuzu gulped and walked up to her.

He got in her range and said, “Hello miss. Enjoying that book?”

The pretty girl looked up and smiled at him, “Yes. It’s good.”

He laughed, “You know I was actually looking for an accounting book, but something else caught my eye.” He winked at her, putting on the charm.

She blushed to his pleasure. “You’re into accounting?” She asked.

Kakuzu nodded, “Yeah. I love money so I wanted to check out an accounting book.”

She laughed, “Money is nice but it isn’t everything.”

Kakuzu’s heart beat faster she was proving a good point. He didn’t know why he thought she was making sense though. He loved money more than anything else. But now he wasn’t so sure.

He smiled fondly at her, “You might be right. What’s your name miss?”

“Tenten,” she replied sweetly. She raised an eyebrow his way, indicating that she wanted to know his name as well.

“My name’s Kakuzu,” he responded.

She nodded and said, “Well Kakuzu it was nice meeting you but I need to go.”

“All right, see you later Tenten,” he stated.

She smiled fondly one last time at him, went over to check out her book and leave. Kakuzu shook himself out of his daze. He had come here to check out an accounting book.
He
went over to the section in the library where it would be at and looked at the books. As he was looking through the books, he smiled to himself, thinking about the lucky encounter he had just had.