Status: Just Getting Started

Serendipity

Quatre

-Blake-


October - December 2008


All season I watched Jonathan play and I couldn't wait to watch him this season. During interviews and even on the bench he had that same serious look on his face when we were on our date. I had a paper due but this was the first game of the season and Jonathan was Captain Serious now.

"He seriously makes me consider transferring to Chicago," I told my mom.

"You say that every time you watch a game."

It was true I did but I was on my third year, and I had already transferred closer to home.

And I hadn't found that five dollar bill yet. I couldn't leave until I did.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"Oh nothing," I went back to watching the game.

"Your facial expression kept changing, like your eyebrows rose half way through your thought."

"I was just thinking about how I can't leave yet."

"Technically you can. You could just go down there and find him."

"Mom," I whined, "You don't get it."

"Maybe if you stop thinking about all of it then it will happen?"

I shrugged, "I probably should."

"Good, does that mean you don't want to watch this game?"

"Um no, I am actually a Blackhawks fan now."

"Sure you are, more like a Jonathan Toews fan," she chuckled to herself.

"Do I need to move on?" I asked my mom, my eyes focused on the Blackhawks game on TV.

"Probably. If you aren't going to Chicago and he hasn't come to find you then maybe it's time to let go. Plus he is a hockey player."

"But I can still watch games right? That Patrick Sharp is like sex on ice."

My mom busted out laughing, "I am your mother Blake Marie! But yes, you can because I agree."

I started to laugh along with her as Jonathan scored the game tying goal. He really was a good player and it only made me want him more. "He needs to stop being perfect, this is really difficult."

~

Every five dollar bill that passed through my hand at Tim Hortons was thoroughly checked by me. Maybe I was looking to hard, I needed to stop.

"It's almost Christmas," Taylor practically sang as she sat down next to me in the break room.

"Meh," I shrugged taking another bite of my sandwich.

"Get into the spirit Blake! Go kiss someone under the mistletoe and go ice skating outside. Drink hot chocolate by the fire."

I rolled my eyes, "Take your lovey dovey shit somewhere else."

"Lightin' up girl. It's the season of love and you are a sad sack."

"Sad sack?" I chuckled. "And actually it's a time for family."

"Well not if you have a boyfriend," she winked.

I just shook my head, "I have to get back to work."

"You need to get yourself a man."

I have one...sort of.

~

I did not want to be going to this Christmas party. I wanted to be curled on the couch in a blanket, not in my coat, scarf and hat going to someone's house.

"Blake this is Andrew," Andrew's mom, Patricia introduced us.

"I didn't know you had a son," I shook his hand.

"How are you?"

"I'd rather be home but I'm okay, how are you?"

"I'd rather be playing hockey," he shrugged as we moved into the den.

"Do you have an NHL game? I'll play if you want," I slightly smiled.

He nodded, handing me a controller and plopping down beside me on the couch.

"I'm really good at this game, just so you know," I teased as we picked teams. He chose the Penguins and I went with the Blackhawks.

"Blackhawks fan, eh?"

"Better than the penguins."

"Have you seen Crosby, dude has mad skill."

"So does Jonathan Toews, one of the best captains in the league."

"Crosby is the best," His player went to steal the puck from me as I hip checked him into the boards then proceeding to score.

"Woo!" I jumped up celebrating when I won, "Whose the best?"

He just laughed shaking his head, "Do you want something to drink?"

I nodded as he went into the other room to get us something to drink. I liked Andrew. But not in the same way I felt the first night with Jonathan more like a best friend or brother.

He handed me my drink, sitting down next to me again. "You should come watch me play sometime."

"When is your next game?"

He handed me his phone, "Put your number in and I'll let you know the time and everything." I put my number in and handed him back his phone, "Thanks."

I should have just done that with Jonathan, maybe I would be going to an NHL game in Chicago.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know what to say so I'm just going to say thank you all so much for reading and commenting! :)