Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

My own choices.

After a very long scolding/"the talk" Mr. and Mrs. Sterling waited for my reply. Cole gave me a small squeeze. I smiled at the couple.

"I assure you, nothing past what you just saw has been happening. I am still a... Virgin. And I plan on staying this way for a while." I didn't know what else to say.

"I am happy to hear that. We don't need any scandals going around your relationship" Mrs. Sterling said. My whole body tensed.

"Well mom....." Cole started. His father's eyebrows raised expectantly.

"That doesn't sound like I want to hear what's going to come out of your mouth" She snapped at him.

"There is an arrangement." He said sheepishly.

"What do you mean an arrangement?" She asked getting high pitched.

"I mean that she is arranged to be married... to someone else.... but we will still be together..." He explained. I thought I could see the rage building between the couple.

"This is unacceptable! I will not have my son be a... a.... Gigolo!" She said getting hysterical. Mr. Sterling just waited for his wife to calm herself.

"And the King and Queen are just ok with this?" He asked, obviously knowing they weren't.

"They had no say" I replied. I am trying to keep my cool but i'm starting to get mad.

"But they are the Rulers. They do have a say." Mrs. Sterling said, her eyes getting wide.

"Here is the thing. I do not need you or anyone else's permission to love who I love. And there is no way that anyone is going to keep me from Cole. I love him. And Corbin has someone he loves, the marriage is strictly business." I told her, I let go of Cole's hand and stood up. Everyone followed suit. Paisley ran up and hugged my legs. I picked her up and she kissed me on the cheek. I returned the favor.

"I hope when i'm older i'm as b.e.a-YOUTIFUL as you" She smiled.

"You are already much more beautiful" I said setting her down. I looked up to see his parents smiling at me. I was confused.

"Welcome to the family Lilly" His mother said, her smile a thousand watts. She pulled me into a hug. When she stepped away I think she realized how confuse I was because they all cracked up.

"What is going on here?" I asked. Cole grabbed my hand.

"You passed." His father said, a grin on his face.

"Passed?" I asked, my eyebrows crinkling.

"We wanted to know if you were going to stay with Cole, if you were really truly in love with him." His mom said almost bouncing up and down.

"Did you know about this?" I asked Cole. His face got red, telling me he did know.

"Do you really think I would have just sat there quietly if they really were berating you?" He asked me, a smile on his lips.

"I guess not..." I said looking at the ground, embarrassed that I thought he would have just sat there. There was a knock on the door and Paisley hopped over there, throwing open the door.

"Lillith! We need to leave!" My mother screamed in. Everyone but me was on their knees.

"Get up guys" I said, annoyed at my mother. She waltzed in and I introduced her to everyone in the room.

"It is so nice to meet you all, I hate to be rude but we need to get home before dawn" She smiled.

"It is not a problem my Queen" Mr. Sterling replied. We bowed out. Cole and Paisley coming to the door.

"I'll see you soon baby" Cole said giving me a quick kiss. Paisley put her hands out to be picked up.

"I wuv you sisssy!" She told me kissing me on the cheek again.

"I love you too dear" I said letting her down. She hit the ground, crossed her arms over her chest and stuck her lip out. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"You didn't kiss me back." She said throwing her head to the side. I tried to hide my smile. I gasped dramatically.

"How could I do something like that!?!" I said sweeping her up into my arms and kissing her cheek and neck while she struggled and giggled. I set her back down and she ran off into the room.

"Bye" He said, a goofy smile on his face.

"Bye" I winked walking out into the dark with my mother.

~At the Mansion~

We haven't even gotten out of the car while she is yelling at the staff. How many months is this supposed to be going on? I rolled my eyes and opened my own door. The staff rushed to me and I raised my hand.

"I am not crippled. I will not be treated as such. Let me walk alone." I told them stepping into the mansion. My mother yelled all of the way into the house. She met up with me and excused herself. I caught a hold of a member of the staff. He didn't look any older than fifteen.

"Miss Thorn" He said bowing at the waist.

"My name is Lilly, you don't have to bow and such. Where is my room?" I asked him.

"This way Miss. Thorn" He said starting up the stairs. I grabbed his arm and he flinched.

"Wait a moment. Why did you flinch? I'm not going to hurt you" I said, horrified. He turned to me with an anxious smile.

"I'm sorry Miss Thorn." He told me. I softened my gaze.

"Lilly" I whispered, letting go of his arm. He just nodded and headed back up the stairs. We found the end of the hallway and he opened the door. I stepped in, he stayed at the door.

"I hope I was of service madam." He said starting to leave.

"Wait!" I said. He turned to me, he looked scared.

"Is there something else I can do for you?" He asked nervously.

"Yes. Please, come in." I asked, pointing to the chair in my room. He nodded and stood in the center of my room. I closed the door, the click made him jump.

"I... I don't...." He started to stutter.

"Please sit." I asked, pointing to the chair. He went and sat on the edge.

"Why... If I can ask that" He rushed.

"You can ask me anything. I am not like my parents. I don't want you to fear me. Understand? Call me Lilly and do not act formally with me. Slouch for gods sake!" I told him. He relaxed a bit.

"Lilly...." He tested it out.

"Thank you." I smiled. He visibly relaxed when I sat on my bed, criss cross applesauce turning to him. "Tell me what it is like here?" I asked.

"It is an amazing place, everyone is friendly, and we can get you anything you ever need." He told me. I could tell it was rehearsed. I looked at him and shook my head.

"What is it really like?" I asked him. He tensed.

"It is like I told you" He said, willing me to believe him.

"What have they done to you?" I asked, concerned for him. I could see the small tremble in his lip, he was trying to keep the tears at bay. "Is it that bad here?" I asked him, he didn't speak, just nodded. The tears spilling over. I rushed over to him. He flinched back quickly. I wrapped him into a hug and he relaxed against me. It felt like only minutes before he gently pushed against me.

"This is inappropriate Lilly, you are my princess and I am supposed to be formal." He said wiping his tears away.

"What is your name?" I asked him.

"Nathan" He replied.

"Nathan, I am your Princess. That means you are of my people. And being of my people I am supposed to be concerned about you. Screw formalities when we are alone. If we have guests then formalities are fine, but when I am home alone I expect people to treat me like a friend. I don't pay you, i'm not your boss" I told him. I could tell he was happy about this. Then he became uneasy again. Damn this kid! "What is wrong?" I asked him, he looked down, I grabbed his chin and made him look at me. "What is wrong?" I said, concerned.

"No one pays us. We are slaves." He said, tears forming again. This pissed me off to no end. I knew he knew I was mad because his eyes got big and he tried to wiggle from my hold.

"That. Will. Change." I said letting go of his chin. Just then the door burst open and my mother swept in. She took one look at the scene and freaked.

"What are you doing with a member of staff?!? This is unacceptable! You are dead young man!" She screeched. Nathan started to sob. I turned on my mother.

"Touch him and I will kill you." I told her darkly. She looked appalled.

"Did you just threaten me?!?" She screeched again.

"Sure sounded like it!" I screeched back.

"HOW DARE YOU!" She growled at me. My fangs came out and I took a defensive stand.

"How dare you! These poor people are slaves!? They are people, YOUR PEOPLE! The people you are supposed to be caring for! Protecting! And you are treating them like animals! Hell! I bet the animals are treated better!" I snarled.

"You have NO right to speak to me like that!" She yelled. "They are my property, I will treat them however the hell I feel like!"

"THEY ARE PEOPLE NOT PROPERTY!" I screamed. "Do you even know his name?!?" I screamed.

"Yes. I do." She said, her nose pointed up.

"What is it?" I asked her, glaring at her.

"Zachariah" She said. "Right?" She glared at him. He just started.

"Wrong." I stated, emotionless. She just gaped at me.

"I will not stand for this!" She yelled slamming my door.

"I'm so sorry Nathan" I said turning to him.

"Thank you" He whispered. He jumped up and hugged me like a child.

"This is why I am here" I smiled. He let go and headed for the door but turned at the last second.

"Thank god for you Lilly" He smiled, wiping his face one more time before heading out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So???? What do you think? YOU BETTER LOVE IT BECAUSE I BLEW OFF HOMEWORK FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

ILYA!!!

Love and Other Lies,

Tiffany