Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Reception PT. 2

The beginning of the toasts are about to begin, Cole's the best man and a groom but he stands first.

"Uh, so I didn't prepare a big speech because I didn't think I would be marrying my beautiful wife today so I was being a bit of a...." As Cole hestitated to find the right word Corbin chuckled.

"A baby" Corbin fake coughed. Everyone laughed as Cole turned bright red.

"Yea.... a baby." He said, finally chuckling along with everyone else. The room soon settled.

"It came to be a surprise to me also that I would be marrying this beautiful woman next to me and a surprise that I will always remember. I plan on making her the happiest woman alive. I couldn't be happier at this very moment. I want to thank Corbin for being a great guy and stepping down as king no only to marry his own beautiful wife but to give Lilly happiness. May we all live happily ever after." Cole finished, raising his wine for the toast as did everyone else, swiftly drinking it. Next up was Alex. He didn't want to be in the wedding, he told me that if I wasn't marrying Cole he doesn't want to be involved. Plot twist. It was time for open mic. and he was the first one out of his seat.

"Well, this is an intiresting turn of events." He prompted. The crowed chuckled in agreement. "I told my dear Lilly that I didn't want to be in her wedding if my best friend wasn't going to come out to be her husband.... What a mistake I made. I didn't know of the plan as many of you didn't but the twist didn't stop me from admiring her beauty. Lilly. The first time I saw you I was mesmerized. You were in a tank top and running shorts, all covered in plaster because you had thrown Cole through two walls for making you angry. And believe me, I heard about it." Alex ducked just in time to not be hit with the dinner roll that Cole had thrown at his head. "Anyways, Cole has been my best friend since I don't remember when and I don't think I have ever seen him happier than he is now. I hope you all have happily ever afters." He replied, raising his drink for a toast. Everyone toasted. Is the happily ever after thing... a thing?

"Thank you Alex" I whispered. He turned and bowed to me, walking away. There were now nameless, faceless people coming up and telling us how amazing we are and how they can't wait for me to be their queen. I thanked them all and we finally got through the toasts. I was feeling buzzed from all of the alcohol and everything was funny. Then another person took the mic, but they looked oddly familiar.

"The princess is someone very special to me, but she was ripped away from me not too long ago." I gasped, knowing who was at the Mic. "Isn't it funny that she would marry the person that killed me." He said, turning.

"Father" I whispered. How?

"My little Lilly, your mother and I have missed you." He said. I just stared at him in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooooooooooooo sorry that this is super late. Senior year=kicking my ass. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think is going to happen????????? (edited at 9:00 Pacific time)

Love and Other Lies,

Tiffany Murray