Status: Brand new story. let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Family

Wake me up

I came out of my bathroom, wrapped in a towel, trying to decide what to wear to bed, when I heard a knock on my bedroom window. With frown, I went to find out who it was, raising an eyebrow when I saw Jake standing outside. He’d changed since he’d dropped me off. Pushing open the window, I tried to fight the smile that wanted to form. “So, I got halfway home and realised that I wanted cuddles from you before I went to bed “Jake told me seriously. “Really? I didn’t hear your bike” I told him, Jake shrugged “I walked. Didn’t want to get you in trouble” Jake replied before asking “Are you gonna let me in?” I stood aside so he could climb in. “Just be quiet. Jimmy and Leana are still awake” I told him, turning towards my chest of drawers. “Ok” He whispered in my ear as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close, kissing my neck. “Jake, can I get dressed?” I asked “No” he told me as he let me go. I walked over and crouched down in front of my Pj drawer, pulling out a button up night shirt, and pulling a pair of panties from the underwear drawer, before turning back to go into the bathroom to get dressed. I was in time to see Jake kick off his boots. I was silent until he went to climb into my bed “Not with Jeans on you don’t” I told him, he looked confused “What if you fall asleep. Sleeping in jeans isn’t good for you” I told him, sounding just like my mom. “but I’m only staying a little while” He complained. “You are not wearing jeans in my fucking bed” I told him adamantly. Jake and I stared at each other for a long moment before he looked away with a sigh and started unbuckling his pants. With a nod of satisfaction, I shut myself into the bathroom to get dressed.

When I emerged, I crossed to the window and shut it, aware how cold it was making my room. “So you walked all the way here just to see me?” I asked Jake, climbing over him and settling down next to him. “It’s only five blocks Scout” He told me, pulling me close “but it seems so far” I complained, making him laugh. “I’m only gonna stay a little while” Jake told me as I rested my head on his chest. ”Mm-hmm” I murmured in agreement. If jimmy caught Jake in my bed, he’d string him up. Not an outcome I really wanted. Jake obviously was thinking along the same lines “Besides, I don’t wanna mess with your Unkie Jimmy” Jake told me, making me grin. “Just stay until I fall asleep?” I asked, making Jake Smile and nod “Only til you fall asleep” He agreed. Famous last words.

When I awoke, it was getting light outside and Jake was pulling his jeans on, looking a little sleepy. I frowned “I thought you were only staying until I fell asleep?” I asked him sleepily. “Yep. Problem was, I fell asleep too” he told me, with a sheepish grin, I smiled as I watched him pull his boots on, before giving me a kiss. “Go back to sleep sleeping beauty. I’ll call you in a couple of hours” Jake told me before crossing to the window and opening it silently. I watched until he climbed out and closed it before I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Leana woke me a little while later “So, What time did Jake leave?” She asked as she sat down on the edge of the bed, offering me a cup of coffee in my fave assassin’s creed mug. “How?” I asked, staring at her in sleepy disbelief. She smiled “Me and Jimmy heard you let him in. and I stuck my head in a while later and you were both asleep” she told me. I groaned “Is Jimmy mad?” I asked, Leana shrugged “No, not really. So what time did he leave?” Leana asked, I shrugged “Around Dawn. He was only gonna stay til I went to sleep” I told her. “Best laid plans never go right” she replied, I watched her for a minute. “Jimmy seriously isn’t mad?” I asked her, making her laugh “He was at first, until I reminded him that he used to sneak in my window all the time when we first started dating, just like I reminded him that my dad hadn’t liked him at first either” Leana told me. That made me smile. “Unkie Jimmy used to sneak in your window?” I asked, Leana giggled and nodded. “Most nights. Though, he tried to be gone by the time my parents got up” She told me with a smile. I giggled. “I’ll leave you to wake up a little” Leana told me. I watched her close the door before putting my mug on my bedside table then burrowed down back under my blankets.

I woke again about an hour later and crawled out of my bed. Picking up my now cold coffee, I wandered out into the kitchen, still slightly groggy. Leana was leaning against the counter of the kitchen talking to a blond woman that I suddenly realised was Maddy’s mum. “Hey Scouty. Jake called, asked if I could get you to call when you got up” Leana told me. I nodded and dumped my cold coffee in the sink before grabbing the phone and walking into the lounge room, where I curled up on the couch and pulled a throw rug over my legs. I turned on the tv and flicked until I found cartoons before dialling jakes number. “Hey, Is Jake there?” I asked when Jakes mom answered “I’m guessing this is Scout?” She asked, I could hear the smile in her voice, I rubbed my eyes “Um, yeah, it is, sorry Mrs Mora. I’m a little tired” I replied “It’s ok Scout. I’ll just get him for you” she told me, I heard the phone being set down on the counter. While I waited, Leana stuck her head around the doorway. “Scout, Me and Val are going shopping. Jimmy should be back in a while.” She told me, I nodded with a smile and watched as they left.

“Hey good looking” Jakes voice said on the end of the phone. “Hey” I replied my eyes drifting back to the TV. “So, what are you doing tonight?” He asked me, I shrugged “I dunno. Probably going to bed early.” I replied with a yawn. “Awww, that’s no fun Scout.” Jake told me. “What did you have in mind then?” I asked, shifting around into a more comfortable position. “I dunno. Just thought we could get the gang together and hang out. Maybe have a bonfire down at the beach.” Jake suggested. I laughed “Any excuse to set shit on fire, right jake?” I asked. He laughed too. “mom just said the exact same thing. So, is it a plan?” he asked, “Yeah, I’ll call some of the girls and invite them.” I told him. “Ok, I’ll see what some of the guys are doing. I’ll call you later babe.” Jake told me, affection evident in his voice. “Ok, bye babe” I replied, before hanging up. I tossed the phone onto the seat beside me, and was about to settle down into my seat when I heard a car pulling into the driveway. Craning my neck , I could just see a black dodge challenger that I didn’t recognise. I frowned, wondering if Jimmy or Leana were expecting a visitor.

I got up and went to the door, opening it in time to watch M Shadows coming up the front steps. He stopped short when he saw me and stared at me for a long moment. “Are you looking for Jimmy?” I asked him, leaning against the door frame as I spoke. “Uh, Yeah, is he here?” M asked, I shook my head. “He went to Brians this morning and Leana just left about five minutes ago to go shopping. Did you wanna come in and wait?” I asked, stepping back and shoving the door open wider. M shook his head. “No, its ok. Just tell him we’re meeting at matts for a couple of beers this afternoon.” M told me, i nodded and reached for the door again. “Ok, I’ll let him know” I replied softly with a smile. “Thanks sweetheart. I’ll see you later” He told me, turning and walking towards his car. I watched until he climbed into the drivers seat before closing the door.

Matt’s PoV
“Who is she Jimmy?” I asked, pacing back and forth on the back deck as the guys. Jimmy shrugged, “She’s just a friends kid who I’ve known since she was born. Scout doesn’t get on with her mom. So she’s just gonna stay with me and Leana” he replied. “who’s her mom?” I asked again. Jimmy sighed and looked away. “She’s Aimee’s Kid.” Brian replied, glancing at Jimmy who glared at him. “So……. Who’s her dad?” I asked, already knowing the answer. Hell, I’d known the answer since I met her this afternoon. Jimmy shrugged but wouldn’t answer. “She’s mine, Isnt she Jimmy” I asked, he met my gaze, though I swear he looked defensive. “Why does it matter. You chose Val over Aimee. It doesn’t matter who Scouts dad is. So why do you care?” He replied, eyes narrowing. “It matters cos she’s my Daughter. Do you think Maybe, just Maybe I’d like to get to know her? That, hell, I don’t know, maybe id like to have a chance to Raise her, or even just be in her life?” I snapped. Jimmy just looked at me, I have honestly never seen him look so hostile. “She doesn’t need another parent letting her down. Stay away from her” He told me, climbing to his feet and walking away. I watched him go in silence, not even sure how to respond.
♠ ♠ ♠
Scouts Pjs