Status: Updates will come! If I get comments!

I'm Too Weird to Live but Much Too Rare to Die.

Chapter Nine.

The next night, Verona was still asleep when Synyster crept into her room, a bucket in one of his hands. He counted to three before dumping the contents onto Verona who instantly shrieked and tackled him to the ground. Her eyes focused on his and then narrowed.

“What the fuck are you doing?!” She exclaimed and Synyster only chuckled before pulling her off him.

“Waking you up, we’re training. Now, get your pretty little ass outside.” He said with a soft chuckle before exiting the room. Verona quickly jumped up and had a quick shower before applying make up and her clothes. She’d have to fight in normal clothing eventually so she didn't bother with work out clothes. Once she made it outside to Synyster he chuckled softly.

“Going for tight clothing already? You might regret that.” He said as he stood in the middle of the field smiling, he wore no top and basketball shorts again. And as much as Verona hated to admit it, she loved the view.

“I think you’re going to regret training me, Synyster.” She said with a small wink and he just shook his head.

“I don’t regret it. And even if I did I’d have no choice. I have to train you, I'm your master after all.” He said and Verona’s face dropped a little. She had to admit, the comment stung a little. She didn't show the true emotion the comment stirred though and instead plastered a smile on her face.

“Come on then ‘master.’ Show me what you've got.” She said and as soon as that was said, Synyster shot towards her. She flipped over him at the last minute and landed on her feet, making him crash into the tree that she was stood in front of. She grabbed him by the neck and turned him around until his back was against the tree. “I don’t think this training is going to work. After all, I am stronger than you.” She smirked as she set him down onto the ground. He shrugged softly before taking her down when she was least expecting it and pinning her to the floor with one arm. He then pointed to her chest where her heart was with the other hand.

“Dead. Never underestimate others. We've been here for thousands of years whereas you've been living this life for a couple of weeks. Rule one; Don’t trust anyone but me and the guys. Val is okay and the other girls but Michelle is a problem in this house and you need to stand up for yourself. Rule two; Never, and I mean never turn your back to any other creature. Don’t let them out of your sight, don’t even blink. They’ll take any chance they can to kill you. Rule three; Fight, and live. No matter what happens to anyone else you need to carry on, got it?” He asked, his eyes never leaving hers as he spoke. She nodded slightly, red tinting her eyes meaning she was going to cry. He sighed softly before climbing off her small frame and pulling her up into his arms. She buried her face into his bare chest and he held her as the red tears dropped down his body.

“I don’t think I’d be able to live without you guys.. You’re my only family.. I never had a family before. My mother was an alcoholic and my father worked away a lot.. I moved out around six months ago when I’d saved up enough money to leave..” She sobbed into his chest. He sighed softly before resting his head on the top of hers.

“It’s a good job we found you then, Isn't it. You’ll always have a family now.” He murmured before unwrapping her from his arms and wiping the tears from under her eyes. “Now come on, stop being upset, we've got a lot of work to do.” He smiled before poking her nose lightly. “By the way, Like the shirt. Very humorous.” He said with a roll of his eyes before standing up, he placed out a hand and she took it, allowing herself to be pulled up from the ground.

“How long will we be training for?.. I'm kinda hungry..” Verona mumbled quietly, her cheeks flushed softly, something a normal vampire couldn't do. Synyster thought about this for a moment before deciding to drop the subject. He held up his wrist.

“Here, drink up.” He said, Verona looked at him sceptically.

“I can’t drink from you. I already have Michelle on my back, I don’t want to give her another reason to hate me.” She murmured softly as she looked to the ground.

“Michelle’s not in, none of them are. They've all gone out on this errand or something. I don’t know, I wasn't fully listening.” He said with a small smile and Verona stared at his awaiting wrist. He pushed it more towards her, she sniffed the air and growled softly, a sound coming from deep within her chest.

“Stop me when I've had enough, okay?” She asked and he nodded once. She took his wrist in her hands, softly caressing the skin and sending sharp tingles up his body. Her natural instinct kicked in and she licked the spot she would attack to numb the skin. Not long after she sank her fangs into his flesh. He winced at first but soon the pain was replaced with pleasure. She fell to the floor and he followed, she held onto him. Holding him as she sucked the blood from his veins. He bit hard into his lip, stopping himself from biting her back. She unlatched herself from his wrist and licked the wound, instantly healing it. She wiped the spots of blood from the corners of her mouth. He almost felt upset that she’d let go. “I didn’t take too much did I?” She asked timidly As she stared at him wide eyed and he simply smiled as he shook his head.

“No, you did good. You have good control over your thirst.” He praised and she smiled softly at him before jumping up.

“Come on then, lets get training over with.” She said as she pulled him from the ground.

*****


They laid on opposite sofa’s later on that night, staring up at the TV.

“Syn?.. Why am I different?” Verona asked as she propped herself up on the pillow her head was on.

“I-.. I don’t know in all honesty.. None of us have ever seen a vampire like you before, so we’re just going with the flow for now until we figure this shit out. Don’t worry though, we won’t let anyone get near you. You’re going to be the talk of the community but no one will dare challenge us. We’re the toughest in this place and everyone knows it.” He explained with a small shrug and Verona’s eyes widened.

“D-.. do you think they already know about me?” She asked, her voice shaking slightly.

“Definitely. You have this scent that just thrusts the word ‘power’ at you. Anyone would think you where about my age, maybe older with the power coming off you. That’s why you’re so special.” He said with a smile, but Verona couldn’t help the thoughts running through her head. Even if he did just compliment her.

“How old are you, Syn?” She asked, her head cocked to the side slightly and a puzzled expression on her face. He sighed softly before smirking at her.

“Asking a man his age is just as rude as asking a woman. But since you asked, around three thousand years old.. Give or take a couple of years that is, I sort of lost count around a thousand.” He explained and Verona’s eyes nearly bulged out of her head.

“Three thousand years!?” She exclaimed and he laughed loudly.

“Boy, wasn't that an attractive face. But yeah, around that.” He said and she narrowed her eyes slightly before moving quickly and throwing a pillow at his head. He easily caught it which on made her eyes narrow more.

“So I'm as powerful as a three thousand year old vampire? Isn’t that like, impossible?” She asked and Synyster shrugged.

“Obviously not, you’re our little miracle!” He cooed and Verona rolled her eyes before looking at the TV once more.

“But I'm being serious Synyster.. What if they come after me? I can’t fight as well as you guys, I’ll be screwed!” She exclaimed, her voice shaking with fright yet again. Synyster sighed before looking over at her, a comforting smile aimed in her direction which instantly calmed her down.

“They wont even try to come after you, we won’t let them and I sure as fuck won’t. Plus, we‘re doing training every night at sun set. Get used to it.” He said before yet again looking back at the TV. She didn't know why, nothing interesting was on. She smiled softly before climbing up and walking over to the sofa he was laid on. She sat on the edge before bending her head down and placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you, Synyster.” She said with a small smile before getting up to leave. Synyster grabbed her arm at the last second.

“Don’t leave just yet? I like talking to you..” He mumbled quietly as he traced one of the many tattoos on his arm. Verona smiled softly before walking to the opposite end of the sofa and lifting his legs with ease. She sat beneath them before placing them down on her lap.

“Okay then, what do you want to talk about?” She asked as she softly drew lines up his legs. He shuddered inwardly and tried desperately not to make his reaction noticeable.

“Anything, you.” He said with a content sigh and Verona smiled, still tracing invisible patterns into his leg.

“Well, I'm twenty-two years old, I have one brother.. I used to have a sister but she went missing a couple of years ago.. Murder, they think.. Then there’s my Mom and Dad.. But I don’t really give a shit about them.” She explained with a sigh and Synyster shot her a pained expression.

“I'm sorry to hear about your sister.” He said and she just nodded before continuing.

“I'm originally from Santa Ana but I moved here around six months ago.. And that’s where you guys come in. There’s not much more to my history.” She shrugged softly, her eyes searching his. “What about you?” She asked and he shrugged softly as he traced the tattoos on his fingers.

“Well.. I've lived here my whole life. I have a little sister, McKenna, an older brother called Brent and then there’s my dad Brian and my step mother Suzy. All vampires of course apart from Mckenna, She’s not old enough to decide yet. My father was the one to turn me. I met the guys a couple of hundred years after I was turned and we just got along great from the start.. We started up a band not too long ago. We’re actually pretty good.” He bragged with a small smirk and Verona rolled her eyes, a small smile playing at the corners of her mouth.

“Maybe one day I’ll have to hear you guys, see how great you apparently are and I’ll be the judge.” She said with a small smirk and he chuckled softly.

“You’re on, little girl. We’ll show you how it’s done.” He sniggered softly and Verona laughed along before turning her eyes towards the TV once more.

“How long do you think the others are going to be?” Verona question and Synyster shrugged.

“I’d say just before sun rise, so not for another couple of hours.” He mumbled and Verona sighed softly.

“I'm bored.” She whined, her lips forming into a pout. He rolled his eyes softly at her before moving his legs to sit normally, her face falling as she now had no skin to invisibly draw on.

“Well, what do you want to do?” He asked and she shrugged softly.

“I might just go to bed for a while,” She said with a soft sigh as she climbed up. “Goodnight, Syn.” She said with a small smile as she made her way up the stairs to her bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING A REALLY SHITTY UPDATER!! But I've recently found love for this story again so hopefully you'll be hearing more from me :) Only if you comment that is!!