‹ Prequel: Sherlock's Girl

The New Generation

Crossings

Once Lydia had left, Sapphire went straight back down stairs to her flat. She went into her bedroom and sat on the bed. She sat thinking, absent mindedley she twiddled the piece of paper with Lydia’s number and address on about the clue.
The clue that she had found, asking the dead supply teacher to meet the killer in that room, was bothering her. Who could have done this? Who could have written this? And who could have killed the poor supply teacher?
She placed Lydia’s number on the bed beside her and then got up and walked into the lounge. She found her school bag. She picked it up and rummaged through the clutter in the bottom of her rucksack until she found the piece of paper.
She stood there staring at the paper in her hand. She stood wondering what she could get from this other than what she already knew. The handwriting blurred together on the page. The words becoming one blob of black ink of the white paper.
She rubbed her eyes, blinking several times, getting her sight back properly. She looked at the handwriting carefully. That is when it clicked. She knew where she had seen this handwriting before. She rushed back to her bedroom grabbing the paper off her bed.
She studied the handwriting for a few minutes, before grabbing her coat and running out the door of her flat.
When she was at the bottom of the stairs leading to 221b, she paused, “John I am off out need some air!” She shouted. Then she ran out the door, accidently dropping the paper with Lydia’s address in the hallway.
20 minutes later Sherlock burst through the doors, running straight upstairs. “Sapphire! Sapphire!” Sherlock entered the living room, to see John sitting watching telly. “Where is Sapphire?” Sherlock asked.
“She went out about 20 minutes ago why?” John said calmly.
“Has anyone visited her today?” Sherlock asked desperately.
“Some girl.” John said.
“What was her name?” Sherlock demanded.
“Ummm, Lydia Moran, I think. Why Sherlock what’s wrong?” John asked.
Sherlock swore under his breath. He ran back down stairs quickly. John followed.
“Sherlock! What is wrong?” John said, catching up to Sherlock in the hallway.
“Lydia Moran is the killer. John. Sapphire has now disappeared. I need to find out where she went...” Sherlock said cutting off mid sentence. As he noticed something in the corner of his eye. He walked over and picked the piece of paper on the floor. He unfurled the paper reading what was written on it. His head snapped up.
“John, we need to go get Lestrade and quickly.” Sherlock said before running out the door, John quickly followed.