Stay With Me

Four

"Do you think Pronger is going to be captain again?" I asked Sean as Matt buckled his seat belt behind me.

"Either him or Giroux," he spoke, "Maybe even Briere if we don't choose to keep him as alternative." Briere would definitely stay alternative if they don't make him captain.

"Who cares?" Matt grumbled.

"I do!" I screamed. Matt has been so annoying today. Sean glanced between me and Matt. Caution was in his eyes. I looked back at Matt, he was texting someone. Just then, my phone vibrated. I rolled my eyes. I grabbed my phone from my lap. I didn't even look at who the text was from.

stop flirting with him. it is so annoying. and stop ignoring me and treating me like rubbish. damn. I hit reply as I mumbled profanities at no one. I felt Sean's eyes staring at me while he started to drive out of the parking deck.

everything has to be about you right? of course it does. i'm not even flirting with him. stop being jealous matt. that's annoying. I hit send, and I know I was being mean but... come on, why are you being jealous? I slammed my phone down onto my lap. I glanced at Sean, he didn't have his fake teeth in. I never realized how much he looks like Bobby Clarke with his teeth missing. My grandma would be flipping out if she was me. My phone vibrated for awhile, but I ignored it.

The car had an awkward silence to it, I stared out the window as we pulled up into the mechanic's parking lot. The door slammed and I shook with it. It's because of anger... Matt is mad at me. Sean got out also. "I'll be right back," he said quietly. I nodded. I stared out his window for a few minutes until he got back. He opened the door, and I smiled softly. "Do you mind if I take you to your dorm? Matt, well I don't know. He said you know why." Sean looked almost guilty.

"No, I don't mind," I said softly. Sean nodded and got back in the car. I flipped my phone over and stared at it. I had three text messages from Matt.

he's just gonna use you. have fun. go home with him. i don't care. and when he breaks your heart, don't come running back to me. I only read the first text because I didn't want to-couldn't- deal with the rest of the texts. I turned off my phone, and I took a deep breath. Sean and I weren't even anything... we just met.

"Do you mind stopping at Scoop DeVille?" I asked. A huge smile came across Sean's face.

"I love that place!" he exclaimed.

"I'll take that as a yes," I laughed softly.

"Of course," he smiled at me. We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, "by the way, I think they're going to make Briere captain and Giroux alternative. Or at least that's what I want to happen." he smiled softly at me. I nodded, smiling.

"I agree. Giroux and Briere are really amazing," I smirked.