‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#3

Jack's grin was ear to ear, and Alex noticed something wrong was happening. Quickly, he grabbed Jack away from the other two boys to the kitchen as they talked, privately. Not even noticing that Jack’s door was opened and Shane was awake, walking toward the kitchen quietly.

“What the fuck, man?!” Alex asked out of nowhere.

“What?” Jack shrugged.

“Don’t play innocent to me, Barakat. I know all that faces you made.” Alex spat. “We’ve been to a lot of tour and I have never seen you that excited, tell me, man!” he added.

“I don’t know! Maybe I can use a little time to get away from here, Alex.” Jack sighed in frustration. “I want to be the best dad for him, but you – we all – know I can’t. I freak out.”

“But Shane needs you, Jack. He’s going to school this Monday, and don’t you think you might want to be there? Look, touring doesn’t mean you can bail on your family!”

“Shane barely even knows that his uncle Jack is his four year – lost – father!” Jack yelled in even bigger frustration.

Just across the room, Shane was standing with his empty bottle of milk. He heard Jack yelling about being his long lost father, but a four year old boy couldn’t care less about grown up conversations when they’re sleepy and run out of milk. So he made his way to the kitchen, nicely asked Jack to made him some more of milk, as he went back to the room and fall back asleep.

-------------------------------------------

“Ready for your first day of school, big boy?” Savannah asked as she put Shane’s lunch box on his backpack.

“Mom, I heard Uncle Jack and Uncle Alex talking about my first day of school…” Shane said, sipping his chocolate milk. “Uncle Alex said that Uncle Jack might want to be here and then Uncle Jack was my four year lost father.” Shane stopped sipping his chocolate milk.

Savannah was choked on what Shane just told her, and she couldn’t put her mind straight. She knew that Shane deserves the truth, but that doesn’t mean she would be telling him this soon. So Savannah just smiled to what Shane said, not wanting him to be suspicious or anything, she quickly walked Shane toward the car and drove to Shane’s new kindergarten.

Knowing Shane would be fine in the next five hours, Savannah rushed back to her car and drove to Jack’s apartment. Opening the door, Jack didn’t expect Savannah to be on his apartment’s door, since Jack knew she must have taken Shane to school.

“Is everything okay?” Jack asked, concerned.

“Shane heard you and Alex. He said you were his long lost father, but I couldn’t tell him yet.” Savannah said in a breath.

Jack froze up. He was completely out of this world. The girl in front of him might be the love of his life, but he wasn’t ready to be a dad for a four year old boy who he had abandoned four year long. Jack freaked out and it wasn’t good. He was packing for tour before Savannah came and he just wanted to pack along and hit the road.

In the silence, Savannah took a look around his apartment and realized he was packing some stuff, and it stroked her hard that Jack was going to be on tour with the boys. Means he wouldn’t be around for God knows how long.

Asking Jack slowly about the touring stuff, Savannah approached the guy who stood across her that had not moved a little since she said a single word, left in shock.

“Uh…” Jack stuttered. “Yeah. I’m going to tour with the band in two days. We’ve been practicing that’s why I don’t get your phone calls that much.” Jack reasoned.

Jack was lying about not returning phone calls because of practice. Yes, he and All Time Low practiced, but it wasn’t a tight grip, and the main reason why he didn’t return the call was because he freaked out. The idea of him being a father to a four year old boy was just too much to handle.

Keeping Shane as a secret was a major thing to do. The band’s crew had not even found out about him yet, and Jack honestly doesn’t know how to handle everything by himself. He didn’t want to think more about the risk. He didn’t want the crew and label knew because it would endanger his band’s career and to keep his dream and family alive, he had to keep them as secret.

Knowing something was wrong inside of Jack’s mind, Savannah put down her purse and asked Jack to sit down. She made her way to the kitchen and brewed some coffee for Jack so he can calm down. Smelling the delicious smell of coffee, Jack smiled as he walked up to Savannah. Surprised Savannah from the back as he lingered his hand around Savannah’s waist, Jack stayed in silence.

“You be good on tour, okay?” Savannah smiled.

“Then make sure you will be here when we’re done touring.” Jack breaths lightly on Savannah’s neck.

Turning his back around, Savannah was now face to face with Jack, and as much as she didn’t want to ruin her hair, she couldn’t resist Jack’s touch. Jack’s fingers were through her hair, their lips were attached on each other’s, as she wrapped her legs on Jack’s waist, letting Jack lifted her toward his room.

There was a light moan between them, and Jack’s room was such a mess from the packing day. The curtain was still closed down and there was only a little sunlight coming through the window. Jack took control, he took off Savannah’s cardigan, throwing it somewhere behind him, leaving Savannah only on her tank. Savannah put on a little smile as Jack smiled even wider.

There was no word coming out from the both of them, there was no conversation between them. There were only soft moan and groan from Jack and Savannah, replying each other. Savannah loved it when Jack kissed the shell of her ears, and she knew something was wrong when Jack suddenly stopped.

“We shouldn’t do this.” Jack pulled off Savannah's body.

Getting awkward, Savannah felt ashamed of herself. Quickly, she pushed Jack off her and grab her cardigan, walking fast toward Jack's front door. Just before Savannah stepped out, Jack pulled her hand first. Jack pulled her into a very big, tight, warm, hug that even he himself didn't want to let go.

"I'm coming with you to pick our little boy. And we'll tell him." Jack said gently, even though he was terrified inside.

Waiting patiently inside the car, Savannah examined the environment around the school, across Savannah's car, there was a blue toyota with a teenage girl on the driver seat. As the little rascals came out of their classes, Savannah looked for Shane and he was running out of there, just like any other kid. Savannah stepped out of the car as soon as she saw her son, hugging him tight as he realized Jack was walking toward him and his mother.

"How was your first day of..." Jack said but got cut off with a little fangirl screams.

"Oh my God! Can I take a picture of you?" The girl asked, running out of her blue toyota toward Jack.

The girl was completely unaware of Shane's presence, as Savannah moved back and got into the car as soon as possible, holding Shane tight by her side. Shane was a little confused why would a girl screams and ask a picture with his uncle Jack, and when he asked Savannah about it, she froze. Nothing escaped her mouth.

"What are you doing here?” The blonde girl asked after she took a picture with Jack and her baby sister.

“Picking up a boy.” Jack answered. “Will I be seeing you on our upcoming tour?” He added quickly to change the topic.

“I will, bought a ticket to your hometown show and a show over Virginia and DC already, so I better be seeing you after the show!” The girl said as she walked away from Jack.

Getting inside the car, Jack immediately drove off the parking lot, driving away from Shane’s school, Jack felt the sweat on his head and hands. Sweating like a pig whenever he’s nervous, Savannah already had that figured out since a long time ago, but this time, it was different.

Savannah could see the fear in Jack’s eyes. Jack usually beat his fears with good thoughts, but this time, Savannah couldn’t sense any of good thoughts in there. It was an awkward silent ride home for Jack, Savannah, and Shane, but they didn’t want to bring anything up just yet. Parking Savannah’s car on the parkway, Jack quickly got out of the car and got the door for Savannah and Shane, put a warm smile on his face.

“Shane, I have to tell you something.” Jack said gently as he lifted Shane.

Savannah didn’t know what to think or what to say, but as soon as they’ve got inside, Jack locked the door and put Shane on the living room couch. Clearing his throat for a couple times, Jack knelt down in front of Shane, looking straight into his eyes’ son.

“What is it, Uncle Jack?” Shane asked.

“What uncle Alex and I said about me being your dad, they’re true, Shane. I'm sorry if I wasn’t there for you in the past four years, but I'm trying my best. And I will be on tour with the boys in two days, so…” Jack shrugged, taking a breath.

“Does it mean I have a dad, now? Can I call you dad?” Shane asked innocently while Savannah only watched from across the room.

“Yes, I am your father. And…” Jack stopped, trying to think the answer to the last question Shane asked and that was when Savannah joined them.

“Shane, we can take things slowly, okay?” Savannah said calmly, and it reminded Jack a lot of how her mother used to be.

“It’s okay, Van. Shane is my son, he can call me whatever he likes.” Jack gulped as the little boy in front of him smile widely and jumped onto him.

“I love you, Dad.” Shane whispered and at that moment, Jack’s heart stopped beating and the mixed up feelings inside his mind gave his stomach butterflies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally have the 3rd chapter up! Sorry for my absence, I was on exam week, and now that it's passed, I promise I'd have a quicker update coming for you:)

So.. What do you think of this one? Sorry if it's such a bad filler.. however, feedbacks would be much appreciated :) Enjoy!

-Amelia

and thank you Synus Sneezus for your lovely feedback <3