‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#6

Shane walked into his classroom after making his mother sure that everything would be okay. But Savannah knew a little better everything about school – that after yesterday – nothing in Shane’s school life was going to be okay.

Savannah was right. None of Shane’s friends came up to him and ask him to play along with them. In fact, they all told Shane to get away as far as he could from the rest of the class. The bell had not rung just yet, but there were plenty of students came earlier, and those who did, they didn’t want to come anywhere near Shane.

“Why won’t any of you play with me?” Shane asked as he walked closer toward his friends.

“My mom and dad told me I can’t play with you because you’re a liar.” One of the students said.

“Yeah, my mom also told me the same. She told me that you and your mom should be banned from the school. She said you don’t have a dad!” Another kid inside his class said.

“No! I do have a dad!” Shane defended himself as he pushed the two kids in front of him.

Just when Shane started to push the two kids, his teacher came in and she had to call Savannah. Shane’s teacher was so concern about Shane’s behavior and the fact that Shane wouldn’t stop saying he had a dad didn’t make it any more right.

“I suggest you take him home today, Ms. Ash.” The teacher said as Savannah stood up and took Shane home immediately.

Shane was quiet on the drive home, he didn’t want to say anything else because he knew her mother was very upset about what he did, even though deep down, Shane knew that he was saying the truth. That he really was having a dad, it’s just that his dad was on tour with his famous band.

Savannah had to take Shane to her office and let her shop assistant take care of him meanwhile she was busy doing her work. At first, she was drowned in her own designs and events until she took a look to her son just outside her office.

Savannah smiled bitterly at what she saw. She liked it being in Baltimore, but she didn’t like the fact nobody knew the truth. She locked her office as she returned to her seat and sobbed. She was crying her heart out, not saying any word, not wanting the world to ever found out what happened behind the door. Savannah was scared, but this time, she had to keep it low.

Savannah was still crying in silent when suddenly her phone rang, it has Riley on the screen so she picked it up immediately. Savannah tried her best not to sound like she ran out of breath because of crying, but Riley knew her just a little too well.

“What’s wrong?” Riley asked in a concern tone.

“Nothing, what’s up with everyone there, Riles? Having a blast?” Savannah said trying to sound okay.

“Yeah. We met Tara yesterday, and we’re at the hotel now. But we plan to see her and Randy later but other than that…” Riley sighed. “Zack asked me to marry him, and I told him about it.”

Savannah went quiet. She knew Riley’s problem ever since the day Riley herself found out about it. As much as Savannah wanted to tell Riley about her problem back, she couldn’t. How could she told her best friend about her son being bullied because everyone thought he was a liar? How could Savannah told Riley about what they were accusing Shane lied about?

“What did he said?” Savannah said, almost like she was whispering.

“He didn’t. The only thing he did was pulling me into his hug.” Riley answered and Savannah knew, her best friend was crying on the other side of the phone.

Savannah didn’t say a word, inside of her there was a huge amount of envies but she knew she mustn’t felt it. It was her very own best friend’s life at stake. Savannah let Riley vent out everything she needed to let out of her chest to her until Riley sensed something was completely wrong from the side of where she stood.

“Jack hasn’t called you since the day they left, has he?” Riley asked right away and Savannah was all silent.

Riley grunted so loud that it was so obvious for Savannah that she already knew what the girl was going to do. Savannah heard footsteps and then she recognize a deep but cheerful voice she often heard over the internet or radio stations. Savannah could hear Jack’s laugh indistinctly.

“We have to talk, Barakat!” Riley said coldly as Jack’s laugh faded slowly.

Savannah didn’t want Jack’s laugh to end because that was probably the best thing she had ever heard throughout the day. But apparently Riley had put that beautiful voice to an end. Savannah was still listening to what they were saying from the other side, and it was breaking her heart a little when little argues came on before Jack finally said hi.

“How’s… How’s the tour going?” Savannah stuttered.

“It’s… pretty fun.” Jack sighed. “How are you? How is he?” He added as Savannah put her phone away for a little while, due to her uncontrollably sobbing.

“We’re good.” Savannah sobbed. “I have so much to tell you, Barbara-Cat.” She added, mumbling.

“I couldn’t hear what you were saying, Van. Are you okay? Is everything okay?” Jack asked, concerned.

“No, Jackie. Nothing is okay. The parents day didn’t work so well, I blew up, I ruined our son’s life! Now everyone think he’s a liar. He’s not. He does have a father, you are his dad!” Savannah grunted a little when she lost it.

Jack didn’t know what to think. His heart crimpled the moment Savannah told him that Shane was called liar for telling people he had a father who was never physically around him.

“I have to go, Van. I'm sorry.” Jack said, hanging up the phone call as he immediately returned the phone back to Riley.

“What was that, Jack? Where’d you have to be?” Riley asked, letting fury took half of her.

“Look Riley! I’m sorry! I’m not ready to lose all of these. I'm not ready to lose fame, I cant be a father just yet for him. I do recognize Shane as my son, but I cannot be the kind of dad he asked me!” Jack yelled at Riley.

“Shane and Savannah didn’t ask anything more than your recognition and presence!” Riley yelled back as she pushed Jack over the wall.

Without them realizing it, Matt and the whole crew was watching the scene. Jack had tried so hard to keep Shane his secret with the band but it was no more a secret for him. The crew found out, and sooner or later, the world would. Jack was stunned, he stood still not moving, not even breathing.

As Matt Flyzik walked toward him, Jack avoid any physical contact with him. Jack looked more than scared. He looked terrified, but in his eyes, he was longing for help. Alex, Rian, Zack, and Riley knew how much Savannah and Shane meant for him. Everyone knew how much Jack is such an asshole without Savannah. They all knew that Savannah was the only right thing in Jack’s life.

“I don’t want to ruin anyone’s life.” Jack said as he leaned down against the wall. “Don’t tell me to quit, Flyzik.” He added.

Flyzik smiled over Jack, he was going to blow up. He wanted to, but he couldn’t. Riley was there, and he knew all the stories about Jack and Savannah, and in fact, Flyzik liked how Savannah tamed the beast inside of Jack. He just had to figure out a way how to let the words out, and meanwhile it’s spreading, how it wouldn’t affect the band. Flyzik’s mind was working, but he was congratulating Jack on finally spilling the beans out.

“We’ll find a way to make it work.” Riley whispered through Jack’s ear as she hugged him tight.

But I will never be a good dad for Shane.” Jack thought inside his own mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
So before i leave for Puncak, i just thought i'd give you this filler.
Hope you don't mind waiting for the next update! Thank you for reading guys, it means a lot :)
It would really be nice if you can subscribe and give me feedbacks though.

Thanks funnynaura for your lovely feedbacks in every chapters! ENJOY this one :D

-Amelia