‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Given Up

Jazz's POV

Provocation can lead to death. Anyone who has lived at least a week can understand this. Survival was the name of the game, and I've been winning for a very long time. I was quickly growing tired, so my time was limited. Screaming was only helping TK's savage state. Everyone else was busy. It was down to those remaining drops of blood in my system. My savage best friend wasn't going to end this. Hissing, I shot TK twice, startling her long enough for me to throw her off.

"It's fucking rude to drink your friends," I snarled, rising from the ground. "Now get it together."

She snarled at me, resulting in my raised eyebrow and gun. I stared right at her when I fired at Ariana. The dirty fighting that was happening among her, Cassie and Brian was just disgusting. She and Cassie were jumping Brian from behind or just doing some nasty moves on him. He wouldn't last long.

"You're going to regret that," Ariana spat. I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, watch Buffy or something. Catch a class. Your comebacks suck."

I heard a groan and a shudder and looked at TK. She was getting worse, with her losing more blood than keeping it. At this point, she was due to go off her rocker again and there was nothing I could do about it. Well, I could do something, but dying wasn't a favorable option. Besides, the bitch who put her through this mess would pay. I matched Ariana's glare with my own deadly gaze and lunged.

That might have been a bad idea, but I live with my mistakes. She was a seasoned pro, scraping and jabbing, punching and kicking. There was never a grab or a snatch; this was the challenge I was looking for. Everything was blow for blow, every hit was earned. I did feel kind of cheated, this was a vampire I was fighting. I didn't feel cheated when she head butted me and twisted me to fly into a wall. This actually felt like a fight.

About time.

TK's POV

I needed to get my thirst under control. Jazz's beating heart was driving me insane with lust. I needed blood, I needed to fight, and I needed to help. I tried to gain control over my shaking bones, I tried to find some way to gain blood, but I didn't see any. Before I was seeing red, and now I'm not seeing anything. My predatory senses are taking over, sending me into a frenzy. I will overcome this. I have to overcome this.

I heard a slam followed by a scream, but I was only focused on the new heartbeat that flooded the room.

"TK, here," a packet was shoved into my hands, but I didn't want it.

Why have cold blood when fresh blood is staring at you in the face?

"Brandon, get the hell away from her!" Brian roared. Matt tried shoving Brandon out of the way, but I already leaped on him. Rough and urgent hands tried to push, shove, and pick me off of him, but I couldn't obey. Lust clouded my judgment. He wasn't my friend.

He was my prey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who's back. Back again. Thanks for your patience!