‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Turncoat

TK’s POV

I have no idea what Jazz was freaking out about, but my eyes burning was enough to make me scream. I was in hell, turning into a beast with no control and with full awareness. I could fight this. I needed to fight this.

Gasping and throwing my head back, I howled into the air. Lightheadedness settled, but at least I regained control over my limbs. Whatever happened to me, those stupid vampires were in charge. It was going to end. Now.

“Where is it?” Jazz screamed. I watched as she kicked Ariana viciously in the stomach, while Cassie’s jaw remained set. Well, divide and conquer was going great today. I wonder what would happen if it was an even fight.

“Brian, let her go,” I exhaled shakily, getting up. His eyes widened, but his grip on her tightened.

“No.”
“I’m not asking,” I snapped. “Let her go, before I rip the both of you apart.”

Jazz’s demeanor changed a little. She was even more pissed, but I could tell that she was secretly relieved. “Alright,” she smirked, taking Ariana by her hair. “Since you won’t tell me, I guess I have no more use for you.”

Okay, maybe it did change. That smirk gave me the chills. I never seen her face twisted into such nastiness. She was ready to evolve into something that terrified me to the bone. The lines on her face were sharp, her eyes were cold, and her snarl was menacing. She might’ve been strong and borderline evil before, but this was pure unaffected malice.

“Jazz…” I trailed off as I watched her drag Ariana to the window. I thought she was going to throw her out of it, but no. Instead, I got to watch her place Ariana’s frightened head onto the window sill as she raised her hand to the window and slammed it down on her neck.

“What the fuck?” Brian exclaimed. Cassie’s eyes widened in horror with mine. Did I just see my best friend slam a window on our nemesis’ head?

Well, if the first time made us doubt, the times after that didn’t. She kept going amidst Ariana’s screams and the blood flickering in her face. It wasn’t until Ariana’s head snapped clean off her body did we even snap back to reality. Her shaking body was the only indication that it was her. Because Jazz wouldn’t just do that. She was a tad violent, but she wasn’t vindictive. She couldn’t….she wouldn’t….

She turned herself into them to beat them. When her eyes snapped to Cassie, I knew Cassie was next. The bad thing was that I was scared for her.

When Jazz moved forward, Brian threw himself in between them. “No.”

Jazz growled, making the both of us jump. “So this is how it’s going to be? You’re gonna defend her? Move out of my fucking way before I rip you and her apart. Now!”

“Not the way you’re doing it, Jazz.”

“Fuck you. I got the job done. No one else wanted to do it right. You had your chance. Move the fuck out of my way.”

I stepped towards her with my hand out and shook my head. “You’re doing it their way-”

Cassie snarled and ripped out of Brian’s grasp, only to grab me and hold a knife to my throat. “Let me walk out of here and she goes free.”

Jazz normally would just kill people if they do that. When she rolled her eyes, I knew what happened.

She finally went off the deep end. All of us were in trouble. She finally reached the point where her judgment was clouded by her hate of vampires.

“Kill her. See if I give a damn.”