Rag Doll

Confusion.

I sat there trying desperately to watch the movie with Jackie and her boyfriend, but as usual it turned into a full blown make out session. I couldn't help but be angry because she had promised not to pull this again, she promised that they wouldn't make out in front of me and make me feel like an outsider, she promised I would have fun. At that moment I wasn't having any fun at all, I would've rather be anywhere but there. I wished that my brother and his girlfriend would've sat with us because Stephanie was too high class to make out at the drive-in, but they stayed the car. Jackie claimed she was too, but obviously she wasn't. Damn, who am I kidding? My brother and Stephanie were probably in the car making out too.

Anyway, just when I was sure I was about to throw up Dani leans over my shoulder and asked me if I wanted to sit with her. Jackie and her boyfriend weren't even paying attention, so I said yes. I stood up and Dani led me where she was sitting with some guys and a girl.

"Who's that?" The girl asked with the most disgusted look on her face I had ever seen, I felt ashamed of myself for some reason. It must have been the way her eyes barred into me like I was a prisoner on death row or something.

Dani looks at me apologetically, "This is one of my classmates, her name is...Uh...What is your name?"

I smiled politely, "Bobbie."

The girl rolls her eyes, "That's a guy's name."

I looked back down at the ground as I took a seat next to Dani, "Don't pay any attention to her. She's a little bitter toward Socs."

I look up at the screen and suddenly there's somebody beside me, I look up and I am met by a pair of dark brown eyes that belong to Dallas Winston and stare at me as if I'm from another planet.

"Um...Hi," I say shyly then look back at the screen.

"I know you, you're Ronnie James' little sister! Man, your brother is a total asshole!" He says obnoxiously.

"I'm not a man, and I'm sure he would appreciate that," I shoot back, feeling a bit defensive about my brother even though Dallas was right.

He leans over me and talks to Dani, I hold my hands in the air as if scared to touch him, "Dani, why is she up here? I don't want her here. She's no fun, in fact I don't like her at all. I think we should make her go back to her snobby friends."

Dani pushes him back in his seat next to me, "Give her a chance, you don't even know her!"

I was getting tired of being talked about as if I wasn't there, I decided maybe it would be a good idea if I left.

"You know, Dani, if nobody is comfortable with me here I can leave. It's really okay," I say and begin gathering my purse and sweater.

"No, don't be ridiculous! We love having you here!" Dallas says, still being obnoxious.

By now Jackie has notice I was gone and I could see her looking around for me.

"Dally, shut up! Bobbie, you can stay. He's just rude, as always."

I knew Dani wanted me to stay, so I decided I would because I really liked her and I could see us being good friends. I was doing pretty good at ignoring Dallas and being comfortable until I saw Jackie storming up to us with Ronnie and Stephanie behind her. My heart sank, something bad was going to happen now. I could feel it...