Rag Doll

Dead Man.

My brother drags me out of the drive-in by my wrist, he squeezes them so hard it hurts. Tears stream down my face while Stephanie and Jackie trail behind us with disapproving looks that were directed towards me. I didn't say a word, the last time I made my brother that angry he slapped me when I tried to say anything.

"Oh you just wait until mom and dad here about this shit! They're gonna fucking kill you, if I don't before we get home!"

I look down at my feet, I didn't feel ashamed for what I did. They were people like the rest of us, and they were probably better people in all actuality too. Dani made me feel more comfortable than my 'best friend' did. That spoke volumes to me.

"Please don't tell them," I beg Ronnie after I thought he'd calmed down a little bit.

"I've got to tell them, they should know what kind of people I caught you with," He says, Jackie and Stephanie were gone when I turned around.

"Ronnie please! It was only one time, that's the only time I've ever hung out with them!" I insist, as I speak his grip tightens around my wrist. He was squeezing it so hard that I thought my wrist was about to crack, before I could protest he pushed me against the wall.

"You're a fucking good for nothing bitch! You could have ruined the reputation of our fucking family you selfish cunt!" He screamed. He screamed at me for almost ten minutes, saying pretty much the same thing except with different words.

"All you care about is your reputation!" I scream back finally, he raised his hand that wasn't squeezing my wrist to slap me until somebody from behind grabbed it.

"Don't fucking touch her," a strong, demanding voice says.

Ronnie turns around, finally releasing my wrist, and punches the guy in the face. The guy hits him back and they break out into a fight. I hated violence, I hated all the fights between the greasers and the socs. I hated it so much.

They roll around on the pavement, hitting each other as hard as they could. I slide down the wall crying harder than I was before, "Please stop, please stop!" I beg over and over.

"Stop!" I scream frantically, they didn't. At this point they didn't even remember I was there, they were just worried about hurting each other as hard as they could. A group of people started walking towards us, when they saw what was going on they started running. I was hoping they would stop the fight, but instead they start cheering it on.

I start screaming again for somebody to stop it, but I was alone it seemed. Somebody touches my shoulder, I look up and Dani looks down at me. I stand up and frantically start to tell her what happened.

"They won't kill each other if neither of them have weapons, they'll just fight until one of them gets knocked out," she says calmly while watching the fight.

I brush my hair out of my face, Dani's now looking at me with her eyes wide. She grabs my hand and studies my wrist, a blue and black bruise had already formed around it in the shape of Ronnie's hand.

"Did he do that to you?" She asked while pointing to Ronnie and the guy fighting, I knew she was referring to Ronnie so I nodded. She mumbled something inaudible to me and moved closer to the fight with anger in her eyes.