‹ Prequel: Desperate for Closure
Status: This is a true story. Please comment so I can share more of myself with you. :)

A Word Like Love

A WORD LIKE LOVE

Flashes of memories swirled around her as she drove away from his empty house and the three tone doorbell and her own disappointment.

It wasn't supposed to be this way.

She knew that. It was obvious in the way the memories presented him, the boy who had brought her a Pez dispenser in 7th grade. He was sweetness then, like the surgery candies he'd presented her with before smiling shly- barley able to speak.

A relationship five years in the making. A girl looking for someone to love her, and a boy who never intended to.
--------------------------
For someone who never believed in long distance relationships, Alyssa spent the better part of her life trying to get in one: chasing after those already chased, wishing for those already gone, loving those who couldn’t care less. Now, after five years, one of them has finally paid attention. The blond 7th grade boy...now a full fledged man with college and distance growing near. The expectations enough to tear them apart.

--------------------------
A true story.

This isn't a love story- but we'll attach the word love for lack of a better word.

Maybe we'll find one.