Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Twenty Four

Meike woke up to a splitting headache. She rubbed her head and rolled over to face the hospital table where she found a glass of water and some prescription painkillers. She took the painkillers, and as they started to kick in, she opened her eyes properly and looked around the hospital room.
Pretty flash. If it wasn’t for the emergency button and life support machine, tucked away in the corner, she easily could have been in a hotel.
She sat up, and propped her pillow up behind her head. As she did this she noticed a plastic bag on her side table.
Meike reached in the bag and pulled out a box with the unmistakable apple logo on it. A note fell out of the bag and Meike picked it up.

Dear Meike,

We hope you’re feeling better; you went through quite a lot yesterday, your first day of school, being kidnapped, and getting a concussion.
We imagine that this is quite a lot for you to deal with at the moment and your Father and I are sorry we can’t be with you in the hospital at the moment, but as you know money doesn’t earn itself!
However the nurse has delivered a package from you Father and I.
I hope it helps you feel better, I know all the kids at school have one.
As I’m sure you have noticed there are several bunches of flowers all lined up across the windows, these are from your school friends, so thoughtful! Also I have been informed that Bridget is having a party on Saturday night and she would like you to go.
I knew of course that you would love to go, and therefore accepted.
I hope you will wear some of the clothes I bought you from our holiday.

See you tonight.
Love, Mum and Dad.

Meike flopped back onto her pillow. So much to take it. In just one note.

~ Her Mother thought Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Frank kidnapped her.
Meike stifled a laugh, her Mother WOULD think that.
~ Bridget’s party.
Meike let out a groan, how could Bridget still want to be friends? Meike had made her feelings pretty clear more than once.
She would find some way out of the party.

Meike looked at her ipod again, well it was either her parents ‘quality time’ or an ipod. It was a good thing Meike preferred the ipod.
She pulled her duvet off, and slipped out of bed. She sighed as she looked down at the matching singlet and very small, short shorts she was wearing. They were deep red silk with black lace around the trim. Trust her Mother to bring her lingerie in a hospital.
Meike walked over to the window and looked at the flowers. Surely enough the largest bunch was from Bridget and the clones, inviting Meike to Bridget’s party.
Suddenly Meike heard a commotion outside her door.
“Look she will be happy to see us! Wh- Get off me!!.............Meike!
Mikey yelled as he came through the door with a nurse trying to stop him.
The nurse, who was all flustered and red in the face from fighting Mikey, turned to Meike.
“Dear, I’m so sorry, these boys insisted they visit you, even though your Mother said you only wanted to see family.”
“But I am her family,” Mikey said widening his eyes unsubtly at Meike.
“I’m Meike’s brother and this is her cousin,” he said, referring to Frank.
The nurse looked very doubtful, and was about to drag them out of the room. But Meike intervened.
“No, no, I want them here.”
“But dear your Mother said you were to only see family” The nurse said.
Meike looked at Mikey who still had a raised eyebrow,
“Umm but uh he is.. My brother and uh my cousin…” Meike said unconvincingly.
The nurse looked at Meike like she was crazy and then shrugged,
“Fine, you’re the patient.” She left the room closing the door behind her.
Mikey rushed up to Meike and gave her a bear hug, when he had finished he stepped back allowing for Frank to do the same.
Frank however just stood there looking a bit uncomfortable.
“What? To cool to give Meike a hug then?” Mikey asked.
Frank unsubtly coughed and indicated to the incredibly sexy pajamas that Meike was wearing.
Mikey looked at Meike and noticed for the first time what she was wearing. He instantly went white and pulled a face.
“Aaahh that’s so wrong!” He yelled in surprise,
“Your, wearing like not much!” He said shielding his eyes mockingly.
Meike gave Mikey a sarcastic smile.
“You’re such a freak Mikey,” she said and punched him in the arm.
“Ow!!” He yelled.
“Shut up Mikey,” Frank said laughing,
“Hey, its like 12:30, shouldn’t you guys be in school?” Meike asked frank as Mikey rubbed his arm, mumbling something about a permanent bruise.
“Psssssh,” Frank said, “Its Tuesday, you’re meant to wag, its like an unwritten rule, along with Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Monday. Plus one of our friends was in hospital, that’s way more important.”
Meike grinned at Frank and Mikey in appreciation.
“Oh hey!” she suddenly remembered, “Check out my new ipod!”
As she went to get the ipod the door burst open and Gerard came through, dramatic as ever, and slammed the door behind him.
“Fucking nurse lady, wouldn’t believe I was a brother,” He mumbled to himself.
“Geez Gerard, make a scene much?” Mikey teased.
“Fuck off Mikey,” Gerard said simply, he turned to Frank, smiled and then looked at Meike.
He went a little white as he registered what she wearing.
Meike suddenly felt self-conscious in her pajamas and looked for something to cover up. She grabbed a hospital robe, which was draped across a chair, and quickly put it on.
Gerard Blinked and shook his head a little.
“So where have you been?” Frank asked frowning at Gerard’s strange reaction.
“Had to sign some insurance forms, for my car, apparently it’s unfit to drive.”
Frank laughed, “Oh really? I wonder what gave them that idea?”
“Yea, but now I need to get a new car.” Gerard said ignoring Franks comment about his beloved automobile.
Mikey, who had finished caressing his sore arm, piped up, “Well, we have the whole day, why don’t we go car shopping?”
“Hey, that’s a good idea,” Frank said, he looked at Meike,
“You up for that?”
“Sure,” said Meike, “I’m about to discharge myself anyway.”
She turned to Gerard, “You want to?”
Gerard shrugged, “Sure, why not.”