Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Six

Chapter 6

He was surprised when the door opened and he saw Meike’s naked back.
She turned her head around and seeing Gerard, flung her arms across her upper half, screaming in fright.

Gerard looked like he had been smacked over the head with a brick, he couldn’t move his eyes or his feet. He was rooted to the spot.
Finally after what seemed like forever, he regained his sense and quickly diverted his eyes.

“Shit.. Aaa sorry, I aaahh,” Gerard said at a loss for words.
“Gerard! Get out!” Meike yelled trying to desperately to cover her whole upper half.
Gerard turned around and in a frantic hurry to leave this awkward situation he knocked over a hair straightener and a bunch of hair products.

Meike stood in the middle of the bathroom feeling incredibly embarrassed and stupid. She grabbed her top and shoved it over her head. At first she was angry that she had been caught in such an embarrassing state, but as she continued to get changed, she started to see the funny side of it, and wasn’t so upset.

* * * * *

Outside the door stood a very white faced Gerard.
He felt so embarrassed and stupid, that he didn’t realize she would be getting changed in the bathroom.
But the thing that was running through his mind, was what he had seen.

Gerard couldn’t get the image of Meike’s dark, wet hair dripping over the smooth slightly tan skin of her bare back.

“No!” he thought to himself
“I have only just met her and she is a cool friend, FRIEND.”
He continued to repeat this thought in his head, until he started believing it.

After all of the showers, the 3 met downstairs.
Gerard and Meike kept avoiding eye contact as a completely oblivious Frank rambled on about the new topic on the morning gossip show, “People who look like their pets.”
“So.” Frank said sensing that no-one was really listening to him, “What do you guys want to do now? Go back to Gerard’s?” Frank asked, looking at them both.
“Ummm erm sure”, Gerard answered, not really paying attention.
“Great”, said Frank as he opened the door and went outside.
Meike turned to Gerard,
“Hey umm look Gerard,” she started awkwardly, “I’m not angry about before I just got a fright. Can we not get weird about this?”
Gerard went slightly red from being confronted about this but agreed.
“I mean if you think about it, it is kind of funny..” Meike suggested.
Gerard let out a slightly nervous laugh, “Yea actually I suppose it is.” He said.
Meike smiled and Gerard smiled back.
“Awesome, so we’re cool?” she asked lightening up.
“Yup we’re cool,” Gerard replied.

But the image of Meike in the bathroom was still nagging at the back of his mind.
Frank poked his head through the open door,

“Oi! Hello? Did you not see that we are LEAVING now? I’m hungry and the Way’s have a freshly stocked pantry I would like to clean out.”
“You just ate!” Meike half laughed.
“Meike, Meike, Meike,” Frank shook his head in the way a parent would to an ignorant child,
“You underestimate the capacity of my eating abilities. I have had breakfast yes, but second breakfast? No.”
Meike laughed as she closed the door behind herself and Gerard.

The 3 walked up the hill towards the Way’s and by the time they were at the front door Frank and Gerard were getting a bit puffed.
“Guys that’s so bad, you’re tired already!” Meike scolded
“Easy for you,” Frank snapped back, “You’re all fit and crap”
“I think I should run you two through the Meike Boot camp, hahahaha.” Meike laughed evilly.

The guys gave her a look as if to say ‘sure, when hell freezes over….’