That Girl

Sienna

I was at Jessica’s house, besides Kim she was my best friend and both went to CSUN, but the two had a falling out so they don’t hang anymore. Anyway, we had just gotten back from a hike at Eaton canyon and she started showing me guys in her classes on facebook, to get my opinion. “He’s cute,” I nod in approval and then pull her lab top over to me, “alright, now I really want to show you this dude from the football team.” She raised an eyebrow at me, “he’s very social, it’s not that I like him, he’s just nice to look at.”

“What about that guy from your class you were telling me about,” she says.

I scrunch my face in a sort of disgust and then rolled my eyes, “if you really want, I guess I could show you him too.”

She nodded, “I mean he’s only been texting you nonstop.” I shake my head and continue to search for the football player. “Really Si,” she says, “he looks insane, I mean look at that hair.” He had wild hair, but I would swear on my life that he didn't photograph nearly as well as he came across in person. I stick my tongue out, but then I shrug and search up Michael. “Oh my God,” she puts her face closer to the screen, “he is so beautiful.”

“And a complete jerk,” I said.

“Who cares,” she says, “personality doesn’t matter, all that matters is looks and money.”

I laugh, “I’m sorry, considering the last three relationships you’ve had ending in disaster, I think I’ll pass.”

“As opposed to your two second kiss and run,” she looked at me with an eyebrow raised and then turned back to the screen, “and you think my love life is sad.” I just wave off the comment and let her gawk at the screen for a little longer, “Si,” she says, “someone messaged you. Who’s Devin Harris?”

I look at her bewildered, “I have no clue.” I look at the little picture thinking it could be someone who changed their name, but it’s small and unrecognizable. I look at her, “you or Kim?” They both go on my page far too often and add whoever requests me whether I know them or not.

“Considering it’s been about a week since I’ve gone on either our accounts,” she thought about it, “I’d say Kim.” I went to his page and scrolled down to delete him as a friend and she stopped me. “Come on Sienna,” she uses my full name, “can’t we talk to him and have a little fun.” I smirk and type in 'Hey, how’s it going?'

'Do you know who this is?' He asks and I scroll up the page and Jessica lights up, “Hot.”

“Yeah,” I shrug, “but I mean adding random girls on facebook, that just can’t be good.”

“You don’t know him?” she questions.

I shake my head, “a slight familiarity, but I can’t place it.” I smile thinking of how to say it and then decide on 'Not a clue!' Was I supposed to know this guy? If I was the type to care I’d feel bad about not remembering him, but I just don’t care.

'I think we met at CSUN about two weeks ago.' I think about my time there, maybe he knew Kim, maybe she introduced us, shit I hope this wasn’t one of her frat/sorority friends. I almost felt bad, that is until he continues 'I think you kissed me.' My eyes light up, I had only really looked at him once, I had almost all forgotten what he looked like, but then it all came back.

“OO,” Jessica says interested, “plot twist.” I quickly type back.'That is a major impossibility, two major fallacies come to mind. 1. I’d never do that and 2. I don’t even go to CSUN.' She looks at me disappointed, “the guys tracked you down, and he’s hot and obviously sweet, what’s wrong with him.”

“Probably a lot more than you think,” I say sticking my finger out, “besides I told both you and Kim, I just wanted it to be done and over with no strings attached.”

“But this is such a hot string,” she looks at me sadly. I shake my head. 'You were with your friend Kim and I know it was you.'

"It's just like that girl to eff up a full proof plan," I looked at Jessica thoroughly upset. But decided it was in my best interest to cool down and not dwell on it. It anyone could get out of something like this, it was me. 'Aw Kim, it’s been so long, but I’ll help you out.' I went through picking out three people who were Kim’s friends who went to Northridge and somewhat resembled me, one of them being Jessica. 'They all look a lot like me, and they actually go to the school so it’s more plausible.' I turned to Jessica smiling, “see, I put you on his radar, you’re welcome.”

She shook her head, “you’re stupid.” I heard the dreaded click meaning he responded, 'It was you, I couldn’t forget.' According to Jessica the smiley face emoticon, which he left at the end of this, always made things better. Yet, I wasn't feeling any better. She made an aww face and looked at me, “and he is so romantic.”

I rolled my eyes, “yes because I’m looking for gush and mush in my relationships.”

“What relationships,” she said as I ignored her to continue typing. 'I think I just have one of those faces'. I skipped a line and continued, 'but I can guarantee it was not me, I'm not the type of person to do something so impulsive.'

'Too bad, I’ve been searching for this girl since that moment.' I groaned and Jessica started, “really, what’s wrong with you, who drained out all the normal human emotions from you.” It was a good question; I’d often wondered that about myself. My parents, although they hated each other, loved me, I hadn’t had many traumatic experiences and never once was my heart broken. I was like this naturally.

“No one,” I smirked, “I’m just evolved.”

“You say evolved,” she puts out one hand followed by the other, “I say empty.” I raised my eyebrows at her and shook my head. 'Sorry, but I wish you luck.' I wish that were the end of the conversation, but Jessica said that since I was lying I couldn’t be rude and stop responding, because she would just take over. And he kept dragging it along and the worst part was that it was getting fun for me and when it was done I was slightly sad.