Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Twenty Three

“Jimmy, I need to talk to you.” Jane said, sitting down next to me the next Sunday morning.

“What is it?” I asked, switching off the tv.

She sighed, “I know we’ve been spending a lot of time together lately, and I appreciate it.”

I nodded, “Okay…”

“But… I don’t wanna sound like a bitch, because you’ve dealt with enough of that kind of people. Jimmy, I don’t wanna lead you the wrong way. My parents, you know they moved to Australia a couple years back, right?”

I nodded.

“Well, they want me to bring my late grandmama’s business there, ya know. Franchise it from there. And they say that they want me to meet this boy…”

“They’re matchmaking you?” I asked, unsure.

She nodded, looking at her shoes.

“But Jane, you’re a grown woman, you should not just go ahead with what your parents want you to do. You have rights!” I argued.

“I know, Jimmy. But I’ve dissapointed them almost half my life. I didn’t get good grades in school, I didn’t mix with the right crowd,” When she said that, I felt offended.

“So we’re the wrong crowd, then?” I asked, spitefully.

She shook her head, “Jimmy, it’s not like that. My parents, they’re high maintainance, you of all people should know that!”

“Jane, you can’t go.” I pleaded.

I’ve just lost a best friend, I’m no willing to loose another one just like that.

“Jimmy, I have to. I have to fulfill my parent’s wishes, I have to be a good daughter.”

I couldn’t believe what she was saying.

“Stop it! Stop being such a fucking goody. For once, do what you want! Lead your own life!” I shouted at her.

She stayed silent.

“I-I’m sorry,” I muttered, sitting back down on the couch.

“It’s okay,” She said quietly.

“I have got to make a move, then.” She said, standing up.

“Wait!” The urgency in my voice stopped her.

I sighed, “Before you go,” I said, inching towards her, “I just wanna do this,”

My lips crashed on hers, I could feel the surprise that was urged through her body. She calmed, the kiss growing more and more intense.

We finally parted when we ran out of breath.

“I’m sorry, Jimmy.”

She left me with that, causing my heart to once again shatter.

God must hate me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, Jane sucks.
I suck too. mehhh.
More comments?
Pleaseeeeee, I beg you, really.
Sometimes, seeing only two comments make me want to NOT post....
I know I sound mean but that's all I ask for.