Perky, Cheesy and Damn Irresistible

stripes wiped my eyes

Sam walked back while Harry’s voice was echoing in her head. She shook her head lightly and frowned.

As she began to cross, she felt someone’s hard hand on her shoulder.

“It a green light,” Louis said. “Are you trying to get yourself killed?”

“No,” Sam whispered. She shook her head once she let it drop down. She looked down at her flats and sighed softly to herself.

“Are you alright?” Louis asked.

“Do you think I am?” Sam snapped as she narrowed her eyes at the spiked haired boy.

“Sorry,” Louis whispered. “I shouldn’t have asked that.”

Once the light turned red, Sam began walking. She felt Louis on her heels once she was across the other street.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, still looking down. “I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“My fault,” Louis whispered.

Sam shook her head. “It’s Harry’s.” Her voice was hoarse.

Louis sighed. He didn’t know what else to say. He continued to walked by Sam as he pushed his fingers in the pockets of his jeans. He heard his light footsteps hit the pavement once he took a step forward.

“Why’d you come here?” Sam asked once she wiped the edge of her stained eye. “with me?”

Louis didn’t answer. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and sighed. “I can’t let one of my friends hurt.”

“You aren’t my friend.”

“You are my friend,” Louis last said.

Sam sighed and let her head hung. She walked up to a bench and watched as Louis mirrored her moves.

“I just cant – ” Sam swallowed. She started shaking once a single tear drop surfaced on her cheek.

“Shh, it’s alright,” Louis whispered. He wrapped his arms around her stumped shoulders and sighed. “It’ll be okay.”

“I just think that this is all a nightmare and that I will wake up happy again,” Sam whispered. “But then it isn’t,” Sam shook her head. “I just can’t accept it.”

“Shh,” Louis softly said.

Sam began sobbing on Louis’s shirt and held on to his hand. Louis rubbed her back softly as she looked down to the sidewalk.

“Are you better?” Louis whispered once she cooled down.

“Better wouldn’t be the right choice of words,” Sam said slowly. She hiccupped lightly and began biting on her lower lip.

Louis sat there, not knowing what else to say once again. His arms were still connected with Sam’s as she sat still, evening out her breathing.

“Are you and Harry over?” Louis asked before thinking it through.

He’d thought the water works were coming again once she looked back down. Sam sighed, looking at her nails.

“I don’t know,” Sam whispered.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Louis asked. “I’m sure you know.”

“I just can’t handle things like these,” Sam whispered. “I feel like crap.”

“We all sometimes feel like shit, Sam. That’s what life is sometimes,” Louis said slowly.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have came here,” Sam sighed. “It was a mistake.”

Before Louis could disagree, he sighed. “You live with your grand, yeah?”

“Yes,” Sam nodded. “My mom passed a few years ago.”

“What about your dad?” Louis whispered.

Sam held her tongue and looked up at Louis. He had that same light in his eyes similar to Harry’s.

“He’s in jail,” Sam murmured lowly.

“I’m sorry for asking,” Louis said, looking down.

“It’s alright,” Sam shrugged her shoulders. “Not much people know about it; only my family.”

“Harry?” Louis whispered.

“No,” Sam shook her head. “I was about to tell him more until today.”

“Enough of Harry,” Louis said, surpassing a shaky laugh. “Tell me about your life. What you haven’t told old Harold yet.”

Sam sighed but nodded. “I moved with my grand a few months ago because my mom died in a car accident. I figured why not because I haven’t seen my grand in ages.”

Louis nodded and finally held his hands on his lap. He looked at Sam with curious ears ready to catch her if she falls one more time.

“She welcomed me with open arms of course,” Sam smiled slightly. “Then my dad,” she whispered with a frown.

“I knew there was sometime old going on with him. He’d freak out of the blue. He drank a lot because he hadn’t had a steady job in a while, and he used to abuse me with words.

When he found out about my mom, he automatically turned to me and blamed me for her accident. I just couldn’t handle it. No one believe me so I recorded him one night and handed the tape to my old principle back in grade school. She was sweet. Always there for me.”

That was then Sam had realized that she was crying once again. Louis stayed quite the whole time, not trying to calm her down.

“Thank you,” Sam whispered as she looked up at Louis. Her vision wasn’t clear.

Louis nodded and gripped her back into a his arms. “Any time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Louis is such a great friend. (: