Perky, Cheesy and Damn Irresistible

oh the irony

Sam knew that her grandmother was watching her. The small movement of the curtains on the first floor was the dead give-a-way.

For a second, all she could see were those big round dimples at eye sight. His breath was now permanently on her lips, leaving her in awe. His arms cupped her waist, pulling her closer.

"Harry," Sam whispered, looking down this time.

Harry watched her, pushing away a stand from her eyes. He placed a thumb on her cheek, wiping it slowly. A small smile surfaced on his face. "I really love you."

Sam swallowed, wrinkling her nose. She stepped back, pulling away from his hold. She made a small glance at her grandmother's house and back at the ground. She shook her head, raising her eyes.

"You expect me to come crawling back into your arms?" Sam asked, arching an eyebrow. It came out harsher than she meant it. "You actually think a kiss is what it'll take to win a girl back?"

Harry shrugged, biting down on his bottom lip. "I thought you would be willing to try again," he said softly. "I am."

"Does it matter, Harry?" Sam sighed. She placed a hand on the edge of her eye, taking another step back. "Are you really? Because I can't do this if I'm in for another ride on the scandal game."

Harry took a step forward, as Sam took another back. She almost tripped, catching herself.

"I promise," Harry said slowly.

"I don't trust you like how I did before."

"Oh just trust the lad already," her grandmother stepped in. She came out with her apron back on, her thin hair blowing in the soft winds. She placed a hand on her waist, licking her lips.

"C'mon Sam, give the guy another chance," Janis said. She smiled, placing her other free hand on Harry's shoulder. "He's practically begging here."

"Why should I, grand?" Sam wrinkled her nose, eyeing her grandmother suspiciously. "You've seen the way I was just a little hours ago. I can see it in your eyes you don't want me to be with this liar."

Her grandmother shook her head, clicking her tongue. "I did not mention anything like that. I don't recommend liars, but I do encourage a second chance. Sam, I know you do too."

Sam scratched the edge of her chin, looking away. On the corner of her eye, she spotted her grand smirking to Harry.

"Harry, why don't you join us for lunch, yes?" Janis said softly, causing Sam to whip her head back in their direction.

"That'd be grand," Harry smiled, looking at Janis.

"We're having pasta, if that's alright with you," Janis smiled, leading the way.

"My favorite," Harry said, smiling slightly.

"Yeah? Sam too," she said joyfully.

Sam narrowed her eyes at Harry, sniffing loudly.

Image


"Would you like some wine, Harry?" her grandmother asked, grabbing a couple of glasses.

"Um, sure," Harry said softly.

Sam scrunched her eyebrows together, placing her hands on the wooden table. "Don't you despise the taste of wine, Harry?"

Harry shifted in his seat. "All wine is good."

"But you prefer beer, that is, right?" Sam asked, fighting back a grin.

"Oh," Janis said this time. "You prefer beer instead?"

"I do, ma'am but if wine is all you got, I'm okay with it," Harry said looking over Sam's shoulders. Her grandmother nodded, opening a new bottle.

Sam poked a chunk of noddles on her fork and popped it into her mouth. "My grandfather was killed at a pub," she whispered lowly, "by a drinky who got in a fight. My grandfather just happened to be close by when they shot him in the stomach.

"Basically, my grand hates beer," Sam hissed.

Harry looked down into his plate, swirling around his utensils. Once a glass was placed next to his forearms, he sighed.

"I'm so sorry about your husband," Harry said softly to Janis. "It must be terrible."

Sam's grand, looked between Harry and Sam, staring wide eyed at them. She licked her lips slowly, looking down as she sat. "Trevor was a great guy," she whispered.

Sam swallowed, biting down on her tongue. Harry leaned forward, clutching onto his napkin tightly.

"Trevor was loyal. He was always hard working and had a good mind. He always put his head into whatever he set his mind to, and his heart to whatever he loved," she said softly, looking at her plate. "He was special to me. Never out of my sight.

"My ma never did liked him. She never approved, and I was heart broken because I looked up to her. Once he was gone, she accepted him. I always said it's better late than never, but it doesn't take a death to know that."

She sighed, looking up at Harry this time. She smiled lightly after the silence. "He reminds me of you Harry," Janis smiled. "Trevor reminds me of you.

"The way he smiles and the way he talks slowly is the way I see Harry." She turned to Sam, reaching for her hand. "I can see how he looks at you. It was the same why Trevor looked at me. He really loves you, Sam. Don't regret it."

Sam removed her hand from her grand's touch and made her way towards her room, without another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, and we're back in the beginning with feisty Sam! ;) Also, I'd like to say that this chapter was quite hard to write because her grand's backstory on her late husband. I know this is fiction but I just felt so bad.

Image
On another note, Zayn deleted his Twitter. :/