You're My Kryptonite

Incarceration

Harry had to drop me off at the police station so I could help them with the incarceration of the man. I had to be the one who told them that in addition to his behavior in the school, he abused his child. I had to be the bitch who called him an unfit father. While he was an unfit father, his words still hit me. They hit me bad. I walked into the police station to tell them my story. The beginning of this big mess.

--Harry's POV--

"That one," I said, pointing through the display, smiling.

"Good choice," The salesperson said. I made my purchase then went back to the police station to pick up Addie.

I was so glad that she was alive. I hope that she didn't take anything that man said to heart. She seemed different after everything that happened. I hope she would be okay. After everything that happened with Zayn, this just stacked up on her. I've learned that Addie likes to be liked. It hurts her to have people mad at her. This man was not what she needed. She deserves so much more than to be referenced to as "the bitch who said I'm an unfit father". As I pulled up to the police station, I noticed Addie sitting on the steps. She walked down to the car and got into the passengers seat. She looked at me and began to cry. I put the car in park and she leaned on my shoulder. I consoled her, and when she began to calm down, I put the car in drive and took her to a small diner outside of the city.

--Adelaide's POV--

Harry pulled up to the diner and helped me out of his car. He grabbed my hand and led me into the diner. We sat down at an empty booth and ordered our food. While we were waiting, Harry began a conversation.

"So you know you mean a whole lot to me, right?" He said. I remembered earlier in the day and I nodded slightly.

"Well, after today's incident, I went to the jeweler..." He said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out two boxes. One long thin box, and one small square box. My eyes got as big as silver dollars. He opened the big box to reveal a key necklace. The top was shaped as a heart with diamonds all around it. My jaw dropped. This necklace had to be over a thousand dollars.

"Harry, I can't accept this..." I said, looking at the necklace.

"I want you to have it. I want you to. I was scared this morning that I would never see you again. I want to pamper you and give you what you really deserve. I want to show you how much I care about you," He said, grabbing my hand. I took my sailor necklace off and put it in my purse. Harry walked over to me and put the necklace around my neck and closed the clasp. It fell perfectly. I turned to look at him, grinning like a fool. I noticed that there was still another box. He opened the small box to reveal a ring. It was a simple ring, with diamonds making the shape of a heart. He put the ring on my finger.

"Harry-" I started, but he cut me off as I began to cry.

"Don't cry," He said, coming to my side of the booth and wrapping his arms around me.

"Why?" I asked, simply.

"Because, I was scared that...that man could've prevented me from doing things for you and being here for you and seeing your smile every day. I've been graced with you, and I'm not ready to have you leave. I'm not bribing you to stay, but I want to make sure that...if the man had actually found you and," he shuddered,"If he had found you, I wanted to make sure that you knew that you were loved deeply by someone and that they cared about you. If I would've seen your corpse on a stretcher today...I don't know what I would've done," He said, pulling me closer to him. He kissed the top of my head. Our food had arrived.

"Now eat before it gets cold," He said, smiling. He put the boxes in his jacket pocket as we both ate our magnificent lunches.

These gifts were too much, but I wasn't about to question Harry. He seemed dead set on spoiling me.

"So do you want to go to the mall and find some dresses?" Harry asked while picking up his hamburger to take a large bite.

"Harry, you don't have to-"

"I want to," He insisted.

"But-"

"How about this: I'll pick out an amazing dress and you'll have to go to this evening ball with me back home while you're on leave from work," He said, taking a sip from his lemonaide.

"But Harry..."

"Addie. I want to," He said. He pulled out four tickets. Two plane tickets to England and two tickets to the event. I looked and him and smiled.

"Alright," I said, causing the boy to grin.

"Well lets go find a dress!" He said, excitedly. He paid for the food, causing me to give him a glare, then we got into his car and drove to the mall. We went directly to the most expensive store.

I had promised Harry I wouldn't question him, as he ran into the store, looking everywhere for the perfect dress. Harry seemed to have grabbed every dress that was in my size and rushed me to the dressing rooms.

Thirty minutes later, I slipped on a blue floor length dress. It was so beautiful. It was baby blue with a beaded bodice. When I walked out of the dressing room, Harry's jaw dropped. He walked to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"This is it," He said, spinning me. I went into the dressing room and changed back into my clothes. They wrapped the dress up and Harry took me home to start packing.

I packed everything. I packed a back up dress, in case we needed to go anywhere else nice. I packed nice clothes, I packed pajamas, I packed everything. I smiled at the two suitcases sitting by my door. I had clothes laid out for tomorrow. Me and Harry would be on our way to England. I was going to a ball.

I felt on top of the world. I changed into pajamas and laid down on my couch, ready to fall asleep at any minute. I grabbed a blanket and a pillow and fell asleep watching television. I had dreams of the ball. I had dreams of Harry. Am I really falling for someone who I just met?