Status: In progress, not sure if this will work yet:)

My Half of the Necklace

Reflecting

My mum started to unpack the boxes filled with our stuff, and I sat in am empty once smiling and giggling to myself, pretending they were pirate ships. My attention was pulled away from my imaginary game when there was a knock. I hopped out of my cardboard box and followed my mum to the door . I stood behind her as she opened it. Gripping her trouser leg for safety. When I heard a woman's voice I peeked around my mother's legs and saw a beautiful older woman, standing in front of my mum with her two children.
"Nina, stop hiding and say hello to Maura and her children." my mum ushered me out from behind her legs.
"Hi." I said quietly, looking down at my socks that wear a few sizes too big.
"I'm Maura, and these are my children, Greg and Niall." the lady introduced herself. I looked up at her and smiled; then I looked at her children. the eldest son was pretty, just like his mother. Her other son had striking blue eyes, but did not really look like his mum.
"Hi, I'm Greg." the eldest spoke first. I smiled a nervous smile and replied,
"I'm Nina." Greg sweetly smiled at me and asked,
"How old are you, Nina?" By this time, our mothers had gone into our kitchen and were chatting about schools and other children that her children hung around with.
"Five." I said quietly, looking over at the other young boy, wondering why he was not speaking. Greg nodded and then said, "Well, I'm ten. But, Niall here just turned six, so you two will have some things in common. I am gonna go see if your mum needs help unpacking. Niall, stay here and keep Nina company. And please, don't touch anything breakable." I giggled as I watched Greg walk away. Niall took a step closer to me and said,
"Hello, I'm Niall."
"Hi, Niall." I said, smiling at him.
"What are you doing?" he asked. I took his hand and dragged him into our living room. I showed him my "pirate ship" and asked,
"Would you like to play? We have a lot of empty boxes. You can captain your own ship!" He smirked and replied,
"I would love to." I nodded and walked around looking for an empty box. When I finally found one, it was not completely empty. My cat, Lyric, was laying inside, taking a nap. I giggled and reached inside to get Lyric out of Niall's new 'ship'.
"A cat!" Niall exclaimed when I pulled Lyrics out of his box. I smiled and set Lyric down.
"You can pet her if you want. Her name is Lyric." He smiled and sat down on the ground, Lyrics climbed in his lap and Niall ran his hands through his fur.
"I like this cat." he said. I sat down next to him and scratched Lyric behind his ears.
"He likes it when you scratch his head." I told him. He nodded and then looked up at me. He did not say anything, he just stared at my face.
"What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked him, removing my hand from Lyric and wiping my face. He chuckled and shook his head, then he quickly looked back down at Lyrics, who purred in his lap.
"You have really pretty eyes." I told him, looking down at my small fingers as I laced them together and set them in my lap. He looked over at me and smiled,
"Thank you. Now, what were you saying about pirate ships?"
I shooed Lyrics out of the living room as Niall and I both climbed into our boxes and played pirates for a few hours. Niall got upset when Maura came back in the room and told him it was time to leave. Maura finally got him to climb out of his box and they were about to walk out of my front door when I called after him.
"Niall, I will keep your pirate ship safe. Next time you come over we can play pirates again." I told him. He smiled and asked,
"Promise?" I nodded and replied,
"I will keep it safe forever and ever."
♠ ♠ ♠
hey hey hey!
been a while again!:D
Hope you like it guys:D
Comment & Subscribe?:)
LOVE YOU!
- April ox.